The Official Happy Valentine's Day Massacre Game Thread

Holding him back from zero court smarts? Holding him back from less bricks? Holding him back from middle school handles? He's a guy that got by bc he wasn't even a top 3 option on his team, so he was likely able to use his athleticism to score or get by his guy. At least Cook, and Jordan to a degree, appear to have worked on their game in the offseason. Moss is probably pretty much the same guy as he was in high school.

I simply see flashes at times. Nothing more.

Geeez.

Offensive talent for sure. But every single player on this squad sucks horribly at defense. Garza will get better and will be better than Woody, but the rest of them just don’t have it and aren’t going to somehow learn it over the summer. I honestly think we’re screwed for a while.
Garza won't ever be a better defender than Woody. He's too slow. And that's saying something when you consider I am comparing him to Woody.

Offensive talent for sure. But every single player on this squad sucks horribly at defense. Garza will get better and will be better than Woody, but the rest of them just don’t have it and aren’t going to somehow learn it over the summer. I honestly think we’re screwed for a while.

Defense is coachable, there's videos out there.

Bohannon has hit 30 straight free throws, he needs 4 more to beat Chris Streets record back in 93. Michigan scored 20 points off Iowa's 16 turnovers. Iowa made only 2 of 10 three pointers.

I think at least some of the defensive issues have to do with having nothing to play for. If they could start the season over fresh, they would still be bad, but maybe they would try more and have more confidence. That's my way of saying they can improve without improving.

Bohannon has hit 30 straight free throws, he needs 4 more to beat Chris Streets record back in 93. Michigan scored 20 points off Iowa's 16 turnovers. Iowa made only 2 of 10 three pointers.

I don't think he's shot a free throw in 2 or 3 games. Hopefully he gets at least 4 more attempts in the next 4 games so he doesn't have to sweat it the whole off season.

In today's game of basketball, how does Fran compile a roster with 1 3 point shooter?

Even with his defensive shortcomings this season I still like Garza more than I ever liked Woodbury.
I probably do too. I like Garza's motor. I like his energy. And he hasn't gouged anyone's eyes out yet, so..

Last edited: