The Official Boiler up beutch and play some defense Iowa... it is the Chris Street Day Game Thread

I really can't wait for Iowa journalists to write about how we pulled close during the last 5 minutes.

We get it, you don't agree with Jon's latest article. But give the Iowa media some credit, no one will react to this effort with anything but disgust (or possibly bewilderment).

Looks like Iowa had another player (Charlie Rose) waiting to check in and no one wanted to stop play to get him in. Oh, he gets in with 11 seconds to go and gets a bucket.

Will there be an "Instant Reaction" podcast today?

Here's your instant reaction...

3d9.gif

Hey, Purdue still has the worst mascot in the B1G

I never expected that Fran would increase my appreciation for Kirk. It's always been the other way around until now.

We get it, you don't agree with Jon's latest article. But give the Iowa media some credit, no one will react to this effort with anything but disgust (or possibly bewilderment).
Apparently, you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, because he's had waaay more success than Fran. His teams make the tournament every season and they've made multiple sweet 16's.

Ok. Then compare Matt painter to Kirk ferentz. Matt painter has never finished in the top 10. Matt painter makes a bowl game (ncaa tournament appearance) about 80% of seasons at Purdue.

You want Matt painter but want to fire Kirk ferentz?

Just trying to understand where the bar is at

Oh no. We were specifically told that to expect any better than this was lazy. That was the exact word. "Lazy".

Ok. Then compare Matt painter to Kirk ferentz. Matt painter has never finished in the top 10. Matt painter makes a bowl game (ncaa tournament appearance) about 80% of seasons at Purdue.

You used to be a good forum member.

I don't want to fire Ferentz. I thought we were talking about Fran. Now I'm just confused.

Also, it's easier to make a bowl game than the NCAA tournament. Around 2/3 of teams make a bowl game. Only about 1/5 of teams make the NCAA tournament. In football you win 6 games and you're guaranteed a bowl game. In basketball there is no magic number like that.

Latest posts