The Official Boiler up beutch and play some defense Iowa... it is the Chris Street Day Game Thread

That is what is so disappointing. If this was a Senior laden team you could flush it and just move on. I am not sure how Fran hits the reset button with practically everyone coming back next year. Talent is a separate issue, we are talking about the willingness to compete, effort.
I guess fans are willing to watch another year of this so they can still seem like nice guys when we finally fire Fran. I don't get it. If I performed like this at work AND didn't put in any effort like this team, I'd be fired. Why is that so hard to comprehend.

I guess fans are willing to watch another year of this so they can still seem like nice guys when we finally fire Fran. I don't get it. If I performed like this at work AND didn't put in any effort like this team, I'd be fired. Why is that so hard to comprehend.
Yeah, and if you were in charge of a team at work and they sucked at their jobs, you and those would be let go, but not at Iowa.

Isn't whole point of this endeavor college athletics where BILLIONS of $ are at stake is to win games? (Now I'm a believer that I'm not willing to win like Louisville etc.) why do we just accept what is? I'm 53 and I can't even remember during the early Lute Olsen days where a team simply wasn't competitive and isn't going to be for the remainder of the conference season since the 3 years of Lickliter. So, why should Hawkeye fans chill out? They pay money for tickets, clothing, send kids to college there, pay taxes to support the UI when things stink we should have right to call it like we see it. BTW Kirk deserves a little more latitude than Fran after he brought Hayden's program back to life (Although Barta screwed that contract up as well).

Isn't whole point of this endeavor college athletics where BILLIONS of $ are at stake is to win games? (Now I'm a believer that I'm not willing to win like Louisville etc.) why do we just accept what is? I'm 53 and I can't even remember during the early Lute Olsen days where a team simply wasn't competitive and isn't going to be for the remainder of the conference season since the 3 years of Lickliter. So, why should Hawkeye fans chill out? They pay money for tickets, clothing, send kids to college there, pay taxes to support the UI when things stink we should have right to call it like we see it. BTW Kirk deserves a little more latitude than Fran after he brought Hayden's program back to life (Although Barta screwed that contract up as well).

It wasn't until people stopped buying tickets that Ferentz came out in January 2015 and felt "we needed to have a talk". I'm not sure what the equivalent is for Iowa Basketball. People already don't buy tickets unless there's a Chris Street Memorial.

Fran could be presiding over THEE WORST Big Ten single season conference record in school history. Throughout the years we have posted the occasional 3 & whatever...even under Lickliter we managed to win at least 4 conference games every year. Again I understand that there's no magic about year 8 but we could very likely be a 1 win team in conference play!

We could end up with a very similar 10-22 end of season record and that was good enough to fire Lickliter. I think a 1 win in the conference would be a record LOW since the program's inception. I don't see a legitimate shot at another conference win on our schedule with the possible exception of Indiana or possibly NW at home and I'm stretching it there.

Fran could be presiding over THEE WORST Big Ten single season conference record in school history. Throughout the years we have posted the occasional 3 & whatever...even under Lickliter we managed to win at least 4 conference games every year. Again I understand that there's no magic about year 8 but we could very likely be a 1 win team in conference play!
I doubt 1 win is very likely. The bottom half of the Big10 is weak and has gotten weaker with injuries and suspensions.

However, Rutgers just throttled Iowa like they were the prequel to Purdue.

Latest posts