The Official Boiler up beutch and play some defense Iowa... it is the Chris Street Day Game Thread

no Excuse for lack of effort.

Dakich is usually wrong. He was right about Iowa.

Garza was the only one that wanted to compete.

I don't want to fire Ferentz. I thought we were talking about Fran. Now I'm just confused.

Also, it's easier to make a bowl game than the NCAA tournament. Around 2/3 of teams make a bowl game. Only about 1/5 of teams make the NCAA tournament. In football you win 6 games and you're guaranteed a bowl game. In basketball there is no magic number like that.

Wasn't targeted at you directly. I'm not sure about the 2/3 number though. I can think of 6 big ten teams that didn't make a bowl this year.

Seriously, is this the lowest point in Iowa basketball for any of us?

It’s getting there for my lifetime. 1989-1990 they were 4-14 and took several horrific beatings. Licks last year I believe they finished 4-14 with 22 losses overall. They were 4-14 again in Fran’s first year. That is the low water mark for me as far as B1G record.

no Excuse for lack of effort.

Dakich is usually wrong. He was right about Iowa.

Garza was the only one that wanted to compete.

That is what is so disappointing. If this was a Senior laden team you could flush it and just move on. I am not sure how Fran hits the reset button with practically everyone coming back next year. Talent is a separate issue, we are talking about the willingness to compete, effort.

Latest posts