The "lose-to-purdue-to-get-a-crappy-opponent" strategy paid off!!!!!!!

And we're back to the ole "can't be disappointed if you didn't expect much" attitude.

Yeap! Guess those of us that are critical of the program should just live with the pre-season predictions and set the bar lower and watch the games through rose colored glasses. I'm sorry that I place Iowa higher than NW, Peedue, Indy, Ill, and Mn, Rutgers and Maryland. From here on I will look at them as equal competition and get all giddy when we beat Northern Illinois and Northern Ia next year. I'll go ahead and admit defeat that we'll never be or capable of being equals Mich state, Mich, Penn st, and Ohio st. as they are the top dogs and the rest of should just be happy they let us play in their conference. Long live the 7 win seasons and by chance an 8 or 9 win season comes our way then damn! by all means roll out the extensions and bonuses because we will have exceeded our expectations and gloat of what damn fine program and put down the ISU fans as we are the most relevant team in the state.. I now see why some people make minimum wage all their life. So join me you critical Hawk bastards in our new approach to Iowa Football and help me cheer at the games while saying phrases like doggone , shucks and its ok boys and jolly gee wilkers we'll get them nextime! Go Hawks!

Maybe someday soon! Site should kick him and a couple others out as well.. The fact is the site would be better site without the trolls. The Constant negative posting and trying to derail threads is annoying etc.. but the admins allow it..
^Coming from the biggest troll on the site that continually tries derailing threads...

Yeap! Guess those of us that are critical of the program should just live with the pre-season predictions and set the bar lower and watch the games through rose colored glasses. I'm sorry that I place Iowa higher than NW, Peedue, Indy, Ill, and Mn, Rutgers and Maryland. From here on I will look at them as equal competition and get all giddy when we beat Northern Illinois and Northern Ia next year. I'll go ahead and admit defeat that we'll never be or capable of being equals Mich state, Mich, Penn st, and Ohio st. as they are the top dogs and the rest of should just be happy they let us play in their conference. Long live the 7 win seasons and by chance an 8 or 9 win season comes our way then damn! by all means roll out the extensions and bonuses because we will have exceeded our expectations and gloat of what damn fine program and put down the ISU fans as we are the most relevant team in the state.. I now see why some people make minimum wage all their life. So join me you critical Hawk bastards in our new approach to Iowa Football and help me cheer at the games while saying phrases like doggone , shucks and its ok boys and jolly gee wilkers we'll get them nextime! Go Hawks!
It's okay to have expectations. We should have them. For MOST teams in the country, 8 win seasons are nice to have. I think we have come to expect making a run at a Big Ten title every few years. And we have done that under KF. I'm as critical as anyone else sometimes, but when I step back and look at the season as a whole, I think it was pretty good. We have a lot of young players, and some good recruits coming in. If you expect your favorite team to win 10-12 games every year, then you are cheering for the wrong program. There are a handful you can pick out there to go cheer for.
Most of us are just trying to be realistic. Is it frustrating sometimes? Hell yes. I was ready for a new coaching staff after Wisconsin and Purdue. A lot of us overreact to bad weeks. But again, when I step back and look at the season as a whole, there were a lot of fun moments too.

Does anyone else get REAL tired of hearing the "should have beat NW, MSU and Purdue" crap constantly? What world do these people live in that a close loss to a Top 25 team is a bad loss? The Bizarro world? The Purdue loss was definitely bad. The other two, not so much.

It's okay to have expectations. We should have them. For MOST teams in the country, 8 win seasons are nice to have. I think we have come to expect making a run at a Big Ten title every few years. And we have done that under KF. I'm as critical as anyone else sometimes, but when I step back and look at the season as a whole, I think it was pretty good. We have a lot of young players, and some good recruits coming in. If you expect your favorite team to win 10-12 games every year, then you are cheering for the wrong program. There are a handful you can pick out there to go cheer for.
Most of us are just trying to be realistic. Is it frustrating sometimes? Hell yes. I was ready for a new coaching staff after Wisconsin and Purdue. A lot of us overreact to bad weeks. But again, when I step back and look at the season as a whole, there were a lot of fun moments too.

I for one agree with you! I'm not saying for a moment that the grass would be greener with a new coach as the unknowns are scary. I think Kirk has done great things here. I have many times on this site gave him credit while at the same time being critical of him. I just think his stubbornness to escape his comfort zone and predictability has cost us games we could of easily won. No one here can say that they don't see it during games when it rears it's ugly head. I am for a fact hoping that BF is successful and hopefully can help his old man out in identifying and correcting some of it. As far as my own expectations I would be more than happy with consistent 8-9 win seasons not counting the bowl game for that win total. No one here can say that that is impossible or achievable. And Yes we do have the talent to do it. Those kids deserve it!

8 wins is better than 7, not as good as 9 or 10, but better than 7. You don't have to be satisfied with where the team is overall in the Big Ten, but it wouldn't hurt to be satisfied with Iowa winning last night. Further, Boston College is not a crappy team. That was a good win. The only thing crappy about last night was the field condition - but that's what you likely will get when you play on a grass field in late December in New York. Even the Steinbrenner family can't change that.

I for one agree with you! I'm not saying for a moment that the grass would be greener with a new coach as the unknowns are scary. I think Kirk has done great things here. I have many times on this site gave him credit while at the same time being critical of him. I just think his stubbornness to escape his comfort zone and predictability has cost us games we could of easily won. No one here can say that they don't see it during games when it rears it's ugly head. I am for a fact hoping that BF is successful and hopefully can help his old man out in identifying and correcting some of it. As far as my own expectations I would be more than happy with consistent 8-9 win seasons not counting the bowl game for that win total. No one here can say that that is impossible or achievable. And Yes we do have the talent to do it. Those kids deserve it!

His stubbornness has cost us wins and that same stubbornness affects a lot of coaches.. The next 2 to 3 years will be judge on if BF has the goods to be a head coach at Iowa. I personally don’t think he will be the coach at the University of Iowa unless Iowa goes on one hell of a roll which I don’t see..

His stubbornness has cost us wins and that same stubbornness affects a lot of coaches.. The next 2 to 3 years will be judge on if BF has the goods to be a head coach at Iowa. I personally don’t think he will be the coach at the University of Iowa unless Iowa goes on one hell of a roll which I don’t see..
BF was in his first year so year two will be the true test. I like the fact as he brought back tight end play which I thought missing from GD. If the experiment does go south I hope the father son relationship does not dictate the decision if change if deemed necessary. My biggest concern is if KF is willing to change some. Get back to great special teams as this is how he found success early at Iowa. Defense has always been for the most part good in his tenure. O-line play needs some attention. Take advantage of allowing a QB to audible to pass plays when the box is full and corners playing run instead of run left instead of right audibles. Small things like these would be huge in my opinion.

Maybe someday soon! Site should kick him and a couple others out as well.. The fact is the site would be better site without the trolls. The Constant negative posting and trying to derail threads is annoying etc.. but the admins allow it..
Spoken like a true communist. Ever thought of moving to North Korea?

Does anyone else get REAL tired of hearing the "should have beat NW, MSU and Purdue" crap constantly? What world do these people live in that a close loss to a Top 25 team is a bad loss? The Bizarro world? The Purdue loss was definitely bad. The other two, not so much.
We know that Dantonio & Fitz are better coaches than KF, but it also appears that Brohm might have an edge on ole Kirk as well.

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks this was a 9 win talent team. Vegas had us at 6.5 wins, and nearly all the Homer's (Jon Miller, Rob Howe, Tom Kakart, Emmert, Listokow, etc.) that cover Iowa has us at 6 or 7 wins.

Remember though, he set all this up with Da Horses thread. It was actually a great long hedge. Had all bases covered.

Top 10 toughest schedule in the country. Two rookie tackles, a new QB (youngster), basically all new receivers and tight ends, and a new OC and we ended up at 8-5. Does this really shock anyone other than the DBs on this forum??

Top 10 toughest schedule in the country. Two rookie tackles, a new QB (youngster), basically all new receivers and tight ends, and a new OC and we ended up at 8-5. Does this really shock anyone other than the DBs on this forum??
d391b5c3acc7d10940513075e8f59cf69289a57d2c106df4a4e837e332c12a20.jpg

I truly believe that if we had beat purdue(who ended up being a decent team, but one we should have beat), the tenor would be different on a 8/9 win season....

The loss to Purdue and offensive crapfest vs. Wisky really changed the "feel" on the overall season.

Not bad, not great. A solid season with very high highs, very low lows....with near misses and lost chances.

But we beat OSU and crushed Nebby, and won a bowl game.

Go Hawks

I totally get what you're saying about no one expecting Iowa to win 10 games this year, but at the same time I can understand the frustration of many. As you said, while no one expected 10 wins the fact is that NW, MSU, and PSU were games that could have gone our way.

Maybe it's fair to say that fans shouldn't be upset with a final record of 8-5, but at the same time I see nothing wrong with those upset with 8-5 when they feel they could have been 11-2 or 12-1. I see it as two types of fan bases, one that is content with being above average year in and year out, and one that seriously feels we can and should be competing every year. Ultimately preseason expectations mean absolutely nothing because no games have been played and it comes down to whether the individual is satisfied by end results when they look at the season collectively.

While happy with a win last night, I myself think that based on the games that slipped away (NW, PSU, and MSU) and how some of the others played out (ie. Wisconsin and Purdue) that despite the great memories of curb stomping Nebby and OSU this season left me with a bad taste in my mouth. And while 8-5 isn't something to be ashamed of I also think its not something that I'm chest thumping about either. It's simply another season in which I felt we underachieved.

I will define underachieving for you folks:
Notre Dame
Florida
Florida State
Texas
UCLA
Oregon
Michigan
Nebraska
Tennessee

Very simple for Iowa.
In years when we win the close games, we win 10 or 11 games. In years when we lose the close games, we win 7 or 8. Most fans realize this. It is the reality.

Iowa is not going to win 10 games every year, About 110 other schools in the country are in the same boat.

.شاید روزی به زودی! سایت باید به او و همچنین چند زن دیگر نیز ضربه بزند. واقعیت این است که سایت بدون ترول ها بهتر خواهد بود. ارسال منصفانه منفی و تلاش برای از بین بردن رشته ها آزار دهنده و غیره است .. اما مدیران اجازه می دهد تا آن را.

Come again?

Latest posts