The "lose-to-purdue-to-get-a-crappy-opponent" strategy paid off!!!!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't saying it was anything to be proud of- just that they might be the 2nd best team despite averaging 3rd place.

But, we're just Iowa you know- be happy with what we've got.

LOL. Yeah, we don't have any beaches or mountains like WUs and kNU do. :)

if we averaged finishing 2nd, I'd say all we had to worry about is WUs. but by averaging a 3rd place finish, we have a whole lot more ground to gain.

Are you saying kNU averages 2nd? I agree head-to-head that we have been better than kNU (we've won 4 out of the last 5) but beating kNU doesn't automatically mean we'll finish ahead of them in the standings.

Nebby and Iowa basically both average 3rd. The last time Nebraska finished better than Iowa was in 2014.

GDGD also got us T2nd, 4th, 4th, T4th and 6th in the West/Legends division.

So you agree with me we weren't the 2nd best team in the west during the time period in question?
And you agree he wasn't a good hire?
And you agree he could've been fired at any time but his boss kept him for several years . . . for what reason?
And he was let go for . . . performance issues?
So you expect his replacement to perform at a higher level?
Do you agree our offense statistically has been way behind the other units most years when GD wasn't on staff?

“What we do offensively, defensively and special teams-wise is a staff effort, and I’m involved in that, too. The head coach has the most responsibility,” Ferentz said.
http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...awkeyes-football-offense-struggling/92726840/

Last edited:

Latest posts