The interception on the goal line

KF didn't act outraged after the game in the press conference when asked about it. He said he wished he would have gotten a timeout but it didn't sound like it was an egregious error by the officials. This video doesn't show everything we'd need to see for it to be conclusive.
Here is a picture of the ref looking over to the sideline KF is trying to call a TO. Notice there are still 2 seconds left on the play clock.
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 1.04.06 PM.png

Except that the delay of game is the back judge's call. There's really nothing else he could have been trying to call. It's his job to watch for timeouts from the sideline when the side judge has his back to the bench (the ball is past the box).
You might be correct about him seeing someone calling a timeout, but any ref can call a delay of game despite it being the back judge's responsibility. See my previous post.

Here is a picture of the ref looking over to the sideline KF is trying to call a TO. Notice there are still 2 seconds left on the play clock.
View attachment 4471
This is Kirk Ferentz receiving a BJ from Bozo the clown. Notice the grimace on his face.

leaves-692010_1920.jpg

The video if anything details how confusing the game is at the field level. They didn't expect the hike that fast. Could you imagine how mad all would be if a TO was called and the pass was incomplete.... ruined momentum.

I admit, I didn’t post and was barely watching after PSU tied it at 17. Pretty much spot checking on the radio but did catch the (potential) game winning drive. At first, just thot Stanley had worked more of his magic, then, immediately relalized...

WTF WERE THEY DOING THROWING THE G-DAMN BALL ON THE 3 YARD LINE WITH A SKITTISH, MENTAL QB WHO HAD ALREADY TURNED IN ONE OF THE WORST PERFORMANCES IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS SEASON, WHICH, EVEN IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF A COMPLETION / TD WOULDA LEFT PSU OVER 3 MINUTES??!!!

For some, inexplicable reason, they’ve been going pass- usually roll out- deep in the red zone. WHY? Why force such a high-demand play into such a small window of success??

Stanley had lost the game up to that point but with that frantic, high-margin for error play, well, good ol BF / KF just couldn’t let him take all the blame.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

I admit, I didn’t post and was barely watching after PSU tied it at 17. Pretty much spot checking on the radio but did catch the (potential) game winning drive. At first, just thot Stanley had worked more of his magic, then, immediately relalized...

WTF WERE THEY DOING THROWING THE G-DAMN BALL ON THE 3 YARD LINE WITH A SKITTISH, MENTAL QB WHO HAD ALREADY TURNED IN ONE OF THE WORST PERFORMANCES IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS SEASON, WHICH, EVEN IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF A COMPLETION / TD WOULDA LEFT PSU OVER 3 MINUTES??!!!

For some, inexplicable reason, they’ve been going pass- usually roll out- deep in the red zone. WHY? Why force such a high-demand play into such a small window of success??

Stanley had lost the game up to that point but with that frantic, high-margin for error play, well, good ol BF / KF just couldn’t let him take all the blame.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

I believe a run play was called. Not certain though. That said, the moment NS checked off on the play a timeout should have been called by the staff. ZERO reason not to run the ball there. ZERO. Even if you score on the pass, you are leaving way too much time. Run the ball...quick hit so if you're stopped you dont lose yards. If you score so be it. If you dont, no yardage lost...you run clock or force TO...

On 2nd...then run or throw...I still say run...quick hitter again....

On 3rd...well...you make $600k...dial it up...

I believe a run play was called. Not certain though. That said, the moment NS checked off on the play a timeout should have been called by the staff. ZERO reason not to run the ball there. ZERO. Even if you score on the pass, you are leaving way too much time. Run the ball...quick hit so if you're stopped you dont lose yards. If you score so be it. If you dont, no yardage lost...you run clock or force TO...

On 2nd...then run or throw...I still say run...quick hitter again....

On 3rd...well...you make $600k...dial it up...

That woulda been 4-downs at that point of the game...twin-tights, power-I, everyone just mans up and crashes into the defense toward the wide-side...4 straight times.
1) U chew clock. 2) There’s no way Iowa can’t gain 3 yards in 4 carries as long as they go wide. No f-ing way.

KF didn't act outraged after the game in the press conference when asked about it. He said he wished he would have gotten a timeout but it didn't sound like it was an egregious error by the officials. This video doesn't show everything we'd need to see for it to be conclusive.

So, have you EVER heard Kirk rip on the refs in a post-game interview? Even when they deserve it?

So, have you EVER heard Kirk rip on the refs in a post-game interview? Even when they deserve it?

He was asked directly about it and didn’t indicate any frustration outside of he wished he would have called a timeout. To me, that’s telling. And, yes, I have heard him criticize officiating in a way that doesn’t get him fined or reprimanded. If he was outraged by that play, he would have said something. No doubt in my mind.

Our junior QB should have been the one calling for a timeout there. Instead he was in full on panic mode. No excuse for that. A high school player would have called a time out there. Absolutely no reason to be throwing the ball there either. None. Should have run the ball and used clock, because when was the last time our defense stopped a team on the final drive? Remember Wisconsin's 90 yard drive to win the game? Our coaching staff is utterly clueless.

I don't see what you are seeing but I do see the grassy knoll with the second shooter. Look closely. Next to the mascot. And like that day the next 5 seconds don't end well.

BTW is your last name Zapruder? :D
LLLOL

You know below a certain age there are some that have no idea what you’re talking about... :)

There are a handful of people that didn’t do their job on that play. If one person does the game turns out differently.

Iowa scores a TD ....

and then Iowa plays prevent defense and PSU kicks a game winning FG with 3 seconds remaining.

That ref should be suspended for not granting Iowa the timeout. He cost Iowa a chance to win game due to his incompetence. These were terrible hometown refs that handed this game to the Pedophilia Supporters.

Maybe he needed to be more of a dick like Franklin and run screaming onto the field. Seems to work for other coaches.

There was a long way to go even if we had taken the lead and Penn State would only have needed a FG. Not sure of Penn State's TO situation but they probably would have started burning them. Either way, usung as much clock as possible, or making Penn State use those time outs, is what a majority of posters are saying should have been done.

Last edited:
Here is more proof about how terrible these refs were, and how they got so many calls wrong in favor of the pedophilia supporters. Iowa would have had them pinned deep dramatically changing the game.

Latest posts