The interception on the goal line

Well, at this point, he may as well been trying to flag down a vendor to get a beer, then thought the better of it. He'd probably seen enough of Stanley's decision making at that point to think that alcohol was warranted.

It actually wasn't.

Tate and KoK saw LSU defenders were confused, and there was a LB and a DB that were trying to get things straight. That is why Tate decided to go forth with the play, and why none of the staff called for a timeout.

The safety that was supposed to give help to the LB/DB on Holloway veered off to Chandler, and the guy on Hinkel was in straight-man. Chandler was essentially double-covered (although it was, effectively, one-and-a-half covered), which left Holloway by himself until it was too late.

We ran out of time with 2 timeouts in our pocket. It was a huge clock management blunder. The thing is, Kirk has gotten way better over the last few years. Most people refuse to see it tho.

We ran out of time with 2 timeouts in our pocket. It was a huge clock management blunder. The thing is, Kirk has gotten way better over the last few years. Most people refuse to see it tho.
Much BETTER.Ok but could he speed up progress a bit faster? Go Hawks.

The biggest clock management issue IMO from the PSU game was getting the ball back with 1:23 left and only going 33 yards (plus the 15 yard run by Wirfs) and running out of time before really even getting to hail mary range.

The biggest clock management issue IMO from the PSU game was getting the ball back with 1:23 left and only going 33 yards (plus the 15 yard run by Wirfs) and running out of time before really even getting to hail mary range.
Yeah, that was pathetic. I had no hopes other than PSU blowing coverage or missing 14 tackles.

That wasnt a clock management problem tho. It was a cant move the ball problem. And we actually did get into hail Mary range, Stanley just didn't have time to throw it.

Well had the refs not taken away Hockenson's catch, things might have been different. Since the call was that it was a catch and there wasn't indisputable evidence that it wasn't, the refs hosed us.

Replay sucks. The refs are only supposed to overturn calls when there is indisputable video evidence but now some overturn it when the evidence gives them an idea that it maybe-probably should be overturned, even without indisputable evidence.

That wasnt a clock management problem tho. It was a cant move the ball problem. And we actually did get into hail Mary range, Stanley just didn't have time to throw it.
I just felt that too much time ran off and we ran the ball too much for not having timeouts left. Our hail mary range was "not really hail mary range" (my words from my previous post) because they were able to rush the passer because we were 55 yards away and it would take a lot of time for our receivers to get to the end zone. Having said that, you're right, we just couldn't move the ball, which is sad.

Having said that, you're right, we just couldn't move the ball, which is sad.

Well, they moved it some. More than we can say about the end of Wisconsin!

The really sad thing about this last play was that NS finally, FINALLY, took something off a short pass, and it killed them.

If he had fired his usual 100 mph rocket, there's not much chance it gets picked!

I just felt that too much time ran off and we ran the ball too much for not having timeouts left. Our hail mary range was "not really hail mary range" (my words from my previous post) because they were able to rush the passer because we were 55 yards away and it would take a lot of time for our receivers to get to the end zone. Having said that, you're right, we just couldn't move the ball, which is sad.

I got a little drunk so I don't even remember them running the ball. If they did even once I take back what I said.

I got a little drunk so I don't even remember them running the ball. If they did even once I take back what I said.
Can't remember for sure if there was a running play, but I know Stanley took off running and they didn't seem to be in a very big hurry to save any time. I was just pissed.

I admit, I didn’t post and was barely watching after PSU tied it at 17. Pretty much spot checking on the radio but did catch the (potential) game winning drive. At first, just thot Stanley had worked more of his magic, then, immediately relalized...

WTF WERE THEY DOING THROWING THE G-DAMN BALL ON THE 3 YARD LINE WITH A SKITTISH, MENTAL QB WHO HAD ALREADY TURNED IN ONE OF THE WORST PERFORMANCES IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS SEASON, WHICH, EVEN IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF A COMPLETION / TD WOULDA LEFT PSU OVER 3 MINUTES??!!!

For some, inexplicable reason, they’ve been going pass- usually roll out- deep in the red zone. WHY? Why force such a high-demand play into such a small window of success??

Stanley had lost the game up to that point but with that frantic, high-margin for error play, well, good ol BF / KF just couldn’t let him take all the blame.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

Yeah, you have to run there. Hell, spread em out 4 wide and run a draw if you want to show pass. On the three, a called QB run on a bootleg will usually work. Just, use your full plays, don't throw a screen when guys ate in an area where jumping the route is worth the risk. Even a jump-ball to fant like on the fake td would have been better than a screen.

Latest posts