*******The i-will-start-going-to-church-again if Iowa beats Debby GAME THREAD*******

Afterwards it'll be about 'expectations' & 'big picture'
5-5 1st half of Big 10 season, same for the second.
A very hollow 6th place finish.

Iowa was predicted for 8th-12th place and only 1 prediction was for ≥10 conf. wins....

God, I hate watching this team play. I actually didn't watch the first 35 minutes of the game, but when I saw Iowa was up 10 or so with a few minutes left, I figured I'd stop and watch. Big mistake. The final six minutes of this game are why this may be the most frustrating Iowa team I can recall. Absolutely maddening, impossible to watch. If Bohannon is not hitting miracle last-second treys, Iowa loses. The rest of the team has nothing. Every team is playing pressure defense on Iowa's guards because there is nothing Iowa can do about it. The guards don't have the athleticism to make teams pay. Iowa's big men are certainly not the answer, either. They are clumsy and prone to turnovers and bad shots.

Shut up you watched the whole thing. Don’t be a fing teenage girl.

That would be Bartas 2nd right?
Not sure, but I think the last time Iowa won a Big 10 championship in men's or women's sports was baseball two years ago. Iowa athletics under Barta is a joke. He is lucky that Bluder has had a great season, and Bluder is damn lucky she has Megan Gustafson on her team.

I'm still in shock. Blew a 16 point lead to a team with like 3 players. I hate everything right now.
We blew a eight point lead in the last :44. And made most of our free throws. Every one of those threes got them one point closer.

We'd have been better off fouling them the minute they came across half court.

Not sure, but I think the last time Iowa won a Big 10 championship in men's or women's sports was baseball two years ago. Iowa athletics under Barta is a joke. He is lucky that Bluder has had a great season, and Bluder is damn lucky she has Megan Gustafson on her team.
I do love any opportunity to turn a thread into a Barta bashing session.

there will be 14 Iowa fans in Chicago because it is FOR SURE they will lose first game. Put money on it, bank it

Any fire we had left was just completely extinguished in this game. I guarantee you they lose their first game in the BTT by double digits. Guaranteed.

Only one thing is for certain

If we do make the Dance

And win the first game

We Will play the eventual National Champs the next game

Any fire we had left was just completely extinguished in this game. I guarantee you they lose their first game in the BTT by double digits. Guaranteed.
why would you waste your time and money going into Chicago thinking anything else will happen?

That's what I'm afraid of. That is the worst possible outcome for this team.

this is what i am afraid of....Iowa really needed this game.

Latest posts