The game has changed

hawkfan1319

It isn't about low scoring conservative slip bys anymore. The game is about offensive fire power and going for the win. Coaches who arent media friendly and always play not to lose are gone. I don't like Iowa's choice to not move on in terms of philosophy......

It isn't about low scoring conservative slip bys anymore. The game is about offensive fire power and going for the win. Coaches who arent media friendly and always play not to lose are gone. I don't like Iowa's choice to not move on in terms of philosophy......

Game left him behind in 2005. ITs been too long.

What do you want us to do? Our receivers have no speed, drop half the passes thrown their way and cant get separation....our qb gets deer in the headlights with any pressure and doesnt go thru progressions...our running back is a true sophomore with 10 carries to his name.

The only way we win this year is no turnovers and hoping our defense or special teams can produce points. Period.

What do you want us to do? Our receivers have no speed, drop half the passes thrown their way and cant get separation....our qb gets deer in the headlights with any pressure and doesnt go thru progressions...our running back is a true sophomore with 10 carries to his name. The only way we win this year is no turnovers and hoping our defense or special teams can produce points. Period.

Idk I have reached the point of apathy and disillusionment . Kirk doesn't get the game anymore .

Per Podalak on radio sound off we just need to run more counters. That should solve all problems and bring us into 2012.

You guys made the move by getting GD, just saying. When he gets his talent for the system, you'll see the points go up. Unfortunately it takes time and this year could be rough.

I remember 15-25 years ago, before Kirk was here, scoring in bunches, and scoring from every unit. Offense, defense and special teams. Our special teams doesn't score anymore and it appears we aren't looking to score. I think we just have a major talent issue team-wide right now. But to say the game has passed him by is ridiculous. We need talent. Period.

Agree with you, and other teams in the B10 are changing(OSU, UM). I believe that KF is moving that way with the Davis hire, but this type of offense takes certain types of personnel and is difficult to adjust to when you have recruited to a different style for so long.

does going to the spread bring in more athletes? does remaining in a pro style offense hurt Iowa? why can't Iowa land some nice wr that can make plays and even if they did would kf allow them to.make plays. this isn't 1982 anymore...players make plays but kf doesn't allow his players to just play..its all about the system at Iowa but the system needs an update. kf would rather take the blame for any loss then lay it on his players.

The Trustees of the University of Iowa are probably red faced. They're sitting on a giant contrract with a coach and they are beginning to believe that they're stuck.

does going to the spread bring in more athletes? does remaining in a pro style offense hurt Iowa? why can't Iowa land some nice wr that can make plays and even if they did would kf allow them to.make plays. this isn't 1982 anymore...players make plays but kf doesn't allow his players to just play..its all about the system at Iowa but the system needs an update. kf would rather take the blame for any loss then lay it on his players.

You guys made the move by getting GD, just saying. When he gets his talent for the system, you'll see the points go up. Unfortunately it takes time and this year could be rough.

You think GD is going to get Texas type talent to IC? Laughable, his bullschat system will not work at Iowa unless Vince Young or Colt McCoy come to IC. This will be a failed attempt at a new OC in Iowa, and I am not trying to hate.

Edit. Iowa also doesn't have a Jordan Shipley.

Last edited:
you need to take a breath or two tonight

I think he may have a point Jon. The college game has changed tremendously since KF has been here. He still coaches like the pros, which is fine for getting guys drafted but it doesn't help win college games.

Alabama does not run the spread.

You think GD is going to get Texas type talent to IC? Laughable, his bullschat system will not work at Iowa unless Vince Young or Colt McCoy come to IC. This will be a failed attempt at a new OC in Iowa, and I am not trying to hate.

Texas-type talent, no I don't believe that. But GD will get his scheme-type talent to IC in the next year or two and it will look better than what everyone saw today. I'm no expert, but I'd be hard pressed to call a new OC a failure after two games using players recruited for different system.

Alabama does not run the spread.
say what? wtf said anything about bama and when Iowa has bamas talent then we could run the wing t and score points.

Wow, for a minute there I thought Lickliter was back in town. $4,000,000 x 7 (2020) = a lot of moolah. If we lose next week then I am going cry a river.

Latest posts