The game has changed

It isn't KF calling the plays.

Blame him for bringing in Davis and recruiting the players we have on the roster but not the play calling. He has little if anything to do with calling the plays other than one or two a game.

It's just crazy to think that with 4 TO's and our D giving up 9 points we can't find away to get the ball in the endzone.

Vandy, Greg Davis, and the WR's are 1,2,3 on the list of reasons why we lost the game.

I just don't understand why on the last play Vandy didn't throw the ball to Davis he switched his route (or at least signaled something to him) as Vandy clearly saw Davis was in straight man to man with no safety help as the only deep safety rolled to the other side of the field. If you can't have your 6'4 best WR beat a 5'8 DB I don't know what to say. And once Davis got off the initial bump he would have had a pretty easy throw for a TD if not a huge gain.

It's just frustrating to watch.

As for the D hats off to them they played their ***** off.

does going to the spread bring in more athletes? does remaining in a pro style offense hurt Iowa? why can't Iowa land some nice wr that can make plays and even if they did would kf allow them to.make plays. this isn't 1982 anymore...players make plays but kf doesn't allow his players to just play..its all about the system at Iowa but the system needs an update. kf would rather take the blame for any loss then lay it on his players.
Wow, for a minute there I thought Lickliter was back in town. $4,000,000 x 7 (2020) = a lot of moolah. If we lose next week then I am going cry a river.[/QUOTE
no.clue what u typed in there meant...not a single word of.it

Texas-type talent, no I don't believe that. But GD will get his scheme-type talent to IC in the next year or two and it will look better than what everyone saw today. I'm no expert, but I'd be hard pressed to call a new OC a failure after two games using players recruited for different system.

There is a reason UT canned his ***. Its not gonna work up here. I hope Iowa loves the horizontal passing game.

Also if we play like this the rest of the season they will start a new Sitcom about the Iowa football program called......... "the ferentz sick files"

Iowa isn't Alabama, don't even try comparing them.

And Ferrets sure as hell ain't Nick Saban. Saban is about 50x the coach Ferrets is.

Oddly enough, their annual compensation is much closer than their ability and results. :mad:

Look I know how you all feel, trust me, I'm a cyclone, but Iowa has mostly never had Stellar offenses under KF. They've used the FB and TE more than any team in the history of the sport. Iowa's success has always risen on the front 7 on D, always. The last two seasons Iowa has dropped off significantly in this area. It's just a year where you don't have the front 7 and there are zero playmakers on offense (see AIRBGH) with a new system and new coordinators. There is one single change that can significantly change a program for good or bad, change of coaches. For the first time in 14 years your program has has what most haven't, coaching consistency and from that has been one of the most successful programs in cfball. It's probably going to be a rough 2-3 years and either rise from there or fall.

The Trustees of the University of Iowa are probably red faced. They're sitting on a giant contrract with a coach and they are beginning to believe that they're stuck.

Not sure you're serious? You need to learn how this coach gets paid these days.:rolleyes:

Any of us that know the game well enough can call any base offensive schemes. We can give the QB his options when at the line. We can have the top receivers or very decent ones, a somewhat experienced rb or should I say one that knows what is going on and can help the team out. You can have a nice O-line with enough experience or the right line that will only get better regardless of the play calling. You can have good te's that block well and provide mismatches for the opposing teams D. Who by the way can catch the ball. You can have all of this, but if there is no execution from either unit harmonizing together, on the same page, you get what we have been seeing.

This offense is only as good as those who are playing and executing the plays right.
Davis is not calling bad plays much at all. The O is not executing the way they should. They are making things difficult than what they should. Vandy is miss firing and miss reading. Receivers are running wrong routes and dropping passes. TE's are not holding on to their blocks long enough. Rb's have not really be a problem. The O-line is a work in progress. I would say that they were opposite today. Couldn't get the running game to gel with the passing game. I think this O-line will grow even more the next 2 weeks. It will show. The O-line has some serious talent.

Maybe Vandy is changing things up the way he shouldn't. Causing his receivers to not really be on the same page. He also needs to slow down and re-lit the game come back to him. He is trying to hard and is looking less desirable doing so. On the other hand the receivers need to concentrate better, run routes that make more sense, and most importantly CATCH the BALL.

To sum it up. I don't care if all your receivers run a 4.3 to a 4.4. they aren't crap if they can't execute the plays right. I would take a Eddie Henkel and Marvin McNutt any time of the day over one of those speedsters that can't execute.

For the sake of being a fan. I would not call for KF's head, I will not say Davis is the wrong hire, and will not say that Iowa will be horrible for years to come. I will say that we need to try new personal that has a clue and see if that at least sparks something.
It dose not hurt to try. (waist my breath on that one).

7-5 is still possible 6-6 is the most legit if this offense finally connects.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think we've seen the GD offense anywhere close to its fullest capability beyond just implementing what we think we think we are capable of executing in a game. And before blaming the scheme, there wasnt much in the way of quality execution this afternoon. Not an excuse by any means.

Latest posts