THE FRED HOIBERG ERA HAS BEGUN AT NEBRASKA

Didn't watch much of that game last night, but doesn't Kentucky have an unusual amount of returning talent by their standards anyway?

Yes...for the most part Kentucky only played 1 freshman significantly last night. He was their best player though. Mostly Sophomores and a junior/senior as well.

Interestingly Dickie V was talking during the Kentucky/Sparty game last night that as of right now neither Kentucky or Duke have any projected lottery picks on their rosters. A lot could change obviously but thats an interesting note.

He's a punk. He not only flops, he will dive to the floor, giving the false impression of gritty hustle, and try to roll into someone's legs from behind. It's that old playground game that nine year olds play where someone sneaks up and crouches behind a kid while a second person pushes the kid over.

It's also why they say never stand against the wrestling room wall during practice. That's how legs get rolled into and broken.

It's dirty and dangerous and basically bullshit.
I'm not done with Brad Davison yet. I saw him last year end up on the ground after a tussle for a rebound, figure out where Dupree McBreyer was going to run back up the floor, then roll into his path and take McBreye's legs out from under him.

Another time he hit the floor and "accidentally" wound up in Chester Frazier's landing area. Frazier rolled his ankle and had to leave the game for a while.

It's like watching another Aaron Craft out there for Pete's sake!

He's a punk. He not only flops, he will dive to the floor, giving the false impression of gritty hustle, and try to roll into someone's legs from behind. It's that old playground game that nine year olds play where someone sneaks up and crouches behind a kid while a second person pushes the kid over.

It's also why they say never stand against the wrestling room wall during practice. That's how legs get rolled into and broken.

It's dirty and dangerous and basically bullshit.
I've always thought in basketball they need to take any defensive player who goes to the floor, legit or not, off the court for the next 3 clock minutes of the game, justified as a medical eval. During that period there's enough time for an official's review and if it's determined to be a flop it's a flagrant 1.

Almost all flops go to the floor, and it would stop those immediately.

I'm not done with Brad Davison yet. I saw him last year end up on the ground after a tussle for a rebound, figure out where Dupree McBreyer was going to run back up the floor, then roll into his path and take McBreye's legs out from under him.

Another time he hit the floor and "accidentally" wound up in Chester Frazier's landing area. Frazier rolled his ankle and had to leave the game for a while.

Davison is a puke, but no one is a bigger puke than Grayson Allen.

Coupled with the fact that Grayson Allen looks like Ted Cruz fucked the singer from Owl City and had a baby, makes me hate the guy with a passion.

Davison is a puke, but no one is a bigger puke than Grayson Allen.

Coupled with the fact that Grayson Allen looks like Ted Cruz fucked the singer from Owl City and had a baby, makes me hate the guy with a passion.
The fact that Allen cant really play, at least at the NBA level, tips the scales further in his direction.

Guys like Bill Laimbeer, Danny Ainge, John Stockton and Rick Mahorn were cheap shot artists extrordinare, but also had legit NBA talent and earned a little jewelry in the process.

Mahorn's signature move, other than setting picks that rivaled Mike Tyson uppercuts, was to forcefully stick his thumb in a post player's armpit (also a move in the late Maurice Lucas' repertoire) to force them to miss the pass.

Getting a thumb jammed into you armpit is painful as hell and makes it difficult to keep your hand up to receive the pass. It's also difficult to detect.

Scott Frost can't believe they are terrible, can't believe he is a coaching loser...hope he stays many years, to completely bury the program. Will be relegated to recruiting the Sand Hills.
Yes, they're small but I hear they're a pretty scrappy bunch.

upload_2019-11-6_15-13-39.jpeg

DearestUnsungGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Overall a pretty ugly night for B1G basketball. Nebraska loses to UC Ricerside, Illinois beats Nicholls in overtime, Badgers lose in overtime, sparty down 10 at half, Michigan wins by 8 vs app state after nearly blowing a 30 point lead.

Nothing was good for the conference resume tonight unless sparty can come back.

Saint Mary's has a rather International roster Only five on the team from the USA. The Badgers had their hands full, for certain.....

When I clicked on the Subject line in Gmail, World Cup Soccer popped up.....

Here is their roster this season, players from:

Melbourne, Australia
Vaucluse, Australia
Manchester, England
Tallinn, Estonia
Jaunpils, Latvia
Auckland, New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hobart, Tasmania
Wynyard, Tasmania

Other than those cats, they have lads from:

Rancho Cucamonga, California
San Ramon, California
Folsom, California
Mesa, Arizona
Peoria, Arizona

DAMN

Michigan State does not look like a top 10 team right now, definitely not Number One.....

https://smcgaels.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/2018-19

Saint Mary's has a rather International roster Only five on the team from the USA. The Badgers had their hands full, for certain.....

When I clicked on the Subject line in Gmail, World Cup Soccer popped up.....

Here is their roster this season, players from:

Melbourne, Australia
Vaucluse, Australia
Manchester, England
Tallinn, Estonia
Jaunpils, Latvia
Auckland, New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hobart, Tasmania
Wynyard, Tasmania

Other than those cats, they have lads from:

Rancho Cucamonga, California
San Ramon, California
Folsom, California
Mesa, Arizona
Peoria, Arizona

DAMN

https://smcgaels.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/2018-19
Nice to see so many scholarship spots being given to foreigners -- especially those from broken countries ... :rolleyes:

Mahorn's signature move, other than setting picks that rivaled Mike Tyson uppercuts, was to forcefully stick his thumb in a post player's armpit (also a move in the late Maurice Lucas' repertoire) to force them to miss the pass.

Getting a thumb jammed into you armpit is painful as hell and makes it difficult to keep your hand up to receive the pass. It's also difficult to detect.

This Mahorn - Oakley altercation is great. Such great names involved, but maybe the best part ... Laimbeer is peace maker! :) And Doug Collins almost gets killed - shoved over scorer's table. And old man looking Granville Waiters makes an appearance!

This Mahorn - Oakley altercation is great. Such great names involved, but maybe the best part ... Laimbeer is peace maker! :) And Doug Collins almost gets killed - shoved over scorer's table. And old man looking Granville Waiters makes an appearance!

Doug Collins always seemed to be in the wrong place.

He was our free throw shooter against the Russkies late in that fateful 1972 Olympics gold medal game. In getting sent to the line he was undercut completely ass over teakettle. Given the events that we're about to unfold, I'm surprised the "officials" called a foul in the first place.

In the 1977 NBA finals Philadelphia's Darryl Dawkins and Portland's Bobby Gross got tangled up and Dawkins wild swing at Gross nailed Collins. More importantly, it attracted the attention of Maurice Lucas, who calmed things in a hurry. Dawkins did, however, destroy the locker room after being ejected, reportedly caving in toilet stalls and smashing lockers. He wanted no part of Maurice Lucas'. Few did.

Fate wasn't any kinder to Collins in his coaching career,. He was bounced by the Bulls, or more accurately by Jordan,, and replaced by Phil Jackson on the eve of their 90's dynasty, which Collins missed out.

Waiters was such an obscurity that he became known around the NBA as Granville Waivers. If he was on an NBA floor, it wasn't for long. When we played YMCA pickup ball, our term for lanky uncoordinated players was to call them "Granvilles".

Last edited:
Doug Collins always seemed to be in the wrong place.

He was our free throw shooter against the Russkies late in that fateful 1972 Olympics gold medal game. In getting sent to the line he was undercut completely ass over teakettle. Given the events that we're about to unfold, I'm surprised the "officials" called a foul in the first place.

In the 1977 NBA finals Philadelphia's Darryl Dawkins and Portland's Bobby Gross got tangled up and Dawkins wild swing at Gross nailed Collins. More importantly, it attracted the attention of Maurice Lucas, who calmed things in a hurry. Dawkins did, however, destroy the locker room after being ejected, reportedly caving in toilet stalls and smashing lockers. He wanted no part of Maurice Lucas'. Few did.

Fate wasn't any kinder to Collins in his coaching career,. He was bounced by the Bulls, or more accurately by Jordan,, and replaced by Phil Jackson on the eve of their 90's dynasty, which Collins missed out.

Waiters was such an obscurity that he became known around the NBA as Granville Waivers. If he was on an NBA floor, it wasn't for long. When we played YMCA pickup ball, our term for lanky uncoordinated players was to call them "Granvilles".

Here's a tweet with the 1977 NBA Finals altercation you mentioned. Watch Collins (who is holding Gross) go flying back after Dawkins punch. Then, watch Dawkins and Lucas square off ...

it's just the first game of a very loooong basketball season.

Right but there are only so many non conference games in which to build up the Big Ten's overall resume before they start playing and beating up on each other. Helps to go into conference play strong overall.

Latest posts