The Experts

Duke- lose Plumlee and Curry...add Parker and a couple of other top recruits...return their guards...overrated.

G-Town- Otto Porter will be coming out,and that leaves an average squad.

Florida- lose Murphy,and two guards....good class coming in,but overrated.

Ky- legit. Tremendous incoming class....only team that should be ahead of Iowa on this list.

So we're #2 in your poll? Let's keep this going, if someone says Kentucky is overrated we'll move up to #1 when it's all said and done.

But seriously, preseason #5 is not even close. Somewhere in the 20-30 range is plenty high.

Given our team will be a year older, wiser and better, and, the fact the league will be down as compared to this year....it's not a reach to see Iowa make a 5-game league swing and go from 9-9 to 14-4 (I'm assuming they still are playing 18 league games?)

That should be good enough for at least #4 in conf.

Iowa may be 5 (or even 4) in the B1G but no way nationally. Does addition of Peter Jok and Jarrod Uthoff to the lineup, or the loss of Eric May, make Iowa that much better? Srsly? Unless Jok really lights it up next year, I would expect the 2013-14 edition of the Hawkeyes to still struggle with the Baylor team Iowa faced a few nights ago...

Jok may not even play. Utoff on the other hand is a potential all conference guy next year.

At first, I literally thought Gaudio tabbed Iowa being #5 in the Big Ten.. That I could believe. Then I realized he was saying Top 5 nationally.... Um, I'm not exactly sold on that to say the least!

I expect Iowa could be a good team next year, and how good, who knows for sure? But I was thinking maybe more like Top 20 material. Not Top 5. I don't think our talent level is THAT good, although bringing in Jok & Uthoff should help, and our returning guys could improve.

Love the press, though!

https://twitter.com/danmcfate/status/321740035248508928

BHcM23-CUAAkj4I.jpg:large

Jok may not even play. Utoff on the other hand is a potential all conference guy next year.

Please tell me you're just trolling, or can you be that stupid?

It isnt that far fetched of an idea.

You must be one of those guys that expect Jok to shoot 45% from downtown next year and get 25 MPG.
I am also one that agrees with this. I could see Jok sitting the first few games to get a feel for how good JU really is and whether or not JO has figured out his game shot. If things are going well, red-shirt PJ. If not, and PJ is shooting better in practice, burn the 'shirt.

GO HAWKS!!!

You must be one of those guys that expect Jok to shoot 45% from downtown next year and get 25 MPG.

Of course I don't expect him to do either of those things, but if he can shoot better than 30% from three, I think he plays a significant amount of minutes (around 15) per game.

Not as a freshman, no. But Jok seems like a wing player that can score and shoot from the outside.. Iowa isn't exactly stacked in that area. Jok would have to be a very big bust indeed for him to not even play next year, especially considering how deep into the bench Fran usually likes to go.

Not as a freshman, no. But Jok seems like a wing player that can score and shoot from the outside.. Iowa isn't exactly stacked in that area. Jok would have to be a very big bust indeed for him to not even play next year, especially considering how deep into the bench Fran usually likes to go.

Yeah Im not going to call a kid a bust if he doesnt play his true freshman season on a team that very well could be ranked in the Top 20 in the nation going into next year, especially if that kid is coming off a very serious knee injury and long rehab process. You go right ahead though.

I've listened to enough of Fran's press conferences and read enough of his interviews to know that Jok won't be a RS next year. He's excited about both Uthoff and Jok. I don't understand why it has to be one or the other with so many people. Is this a central Iowa loyalty vs. eastern Iowa loyalty thing or something? Anyway, both are going to play and most likely contribute and make us better. My only prediction for either is that they will be in the rotation.