The Experts

Iowa may be 5 (or even 4) in the B1G but no way nationally. Does addition of Peter Jok and Jarrod Uthoff to the lineup, or the loss of Eric May, make Iowa that much better? Srsly? Unless Jok really lights it up next year, I would expect the 2013-14 edition of the Hawkeyes to still struggle with the Baylor team Iowa faced a few nights ago...

He went Duke, Florida, G'town, UK, Iowa. Made me do a double take.

One of those schools clearly doesnt belong. I'll give you a hint: it's Duke. When was the last time those losers made an NIT championship game??

Wow um ok thats hard to swallow for the hardest of hardcore fans I would think. If Iowa is in the top 5 at any point next season Hawkeye Nation will be going bonkers

I told people this was going to happen. Fran is a very well liked coach. He has a solid track record prior to Iowa and now a very promising 3 year trend here, going from 11 to 18 to 25 wins in his time here. Iowa was a borderline top 25 team this year in the predictive ranking systems, they had an extremely poor record in close games, and return 10 of the top 11 guys. I told you that this is a prime dark horse media pick, it's an easy narrative to sell. But even I think top 5 is overdoing it.

Are Dino and Fran buds? Either way, while we might think he's crazy....this rocks! Much better than the alternative......

Iowa may be 5 (or even 4) in the B1G but no way nationally. Does addition of Peter Jok and Jarrod Uthoff to the lineup, or the loss of Eric May, make Iowa that much better? Srsly? Unless Jok really lights it up next year, I would expect the 2013-14 edition of the Hawkeyes to still struggle with the Baylor team Iowa faced a few nights ago...

This is dumb.

You dont think any of the returning players are going to improve at all?

Its not just about who the Hawks lose and who they bring in.

And Im not saying the Hawks are Top 5 in the nation.

I can see Iowa cracking the top 15 at some point next season. I'm not ready to wager on anything higher than that.

National champs are usually ranked higher than 5. Bulletin board material for Fran. Major disrespect.

Where did you see this? Is there a clip of it somewhere? The reactions would be fun to watch.

National champs are usually ranked higher than 5. Bulletin board material for Fran. Major disrespect.

Hawks are national runners-up though boat.

Plz post your game by game prediction for next season ASAP.

It will take the suspense away for me.

Duke- lose Plumlee and Curry...add Parker and a couple of other top recruits...return their guards...overrated.

G-Town- Otto Porter will be coming out,and that leaves an average squad.

Florida- lose Murphy,and two guards....good class coming in,but overrated.

Ky- legit. Tremendous incoming class....only team that should be ahead of Iowa on this list.

Latest posts