The Curious January Depth Chart

I think that the defense will use a lot of of the specialty packages to best utilize the talents of Reggie Spearman, Nate Meier, and Jameer Outsey.

He's going to graduate from the pre-med program in May. Iowa has a great med school, but it's hardly the only great med school out there, and I'm sure he can get a fresh start for a team at one of those other schools, if he chooses to go that route.

I'm hoping Jake stays. He would be a great back up qb in which I'd be comfortable seeing out there if CJB gets hurt or is ineffective. We'd better hope Wiegers can play.

These times call for unprecedented actions. I think that is a good sign.

As I tweeted, laying out a 2 deep sends a signal to everyone on the roster where they stand. They may well have had some up close and personal conversations with other players on the team. I would not be surprised to see a number of players leave the team....that will be in most cases a good thing as it will open up more scholarships.

As Tennessee moved decisively toward youth and talent a number of players left the team...to find a place where they could play. You need to do that to turn things around.

Good players make good coaches.

You're rooting for players to leave? That sums up where the fanbase is. Some are rooting for the root-cause to leave. Some are rooting for the blood-sweat-and-tears to leave.

This reeks of desperation, my only hope is it means Kirk is feeling it from the boosters and actually fears for his job a litt.

I think that the defense will use a lot of of the specialty packages to best utilize the talents of Reggie Spearman, Nate Meier, and Jameer Outsey.

You could replace doughnuts with cow pies but as long as they were packaged within a Hawkeye box this guy would still dig in.

I did not say Andrew scored a TD in the first half, I said he played in the first half. The TD catch was a good one, he caught another catch on that drive, and there was one incomplete pass to him. I am not sure if it was a drop or not I am looking for footage as we speak. Here are his JC highlights. That guy has speed and pretty good hands. I still say he could be a valuable back up next year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUw7w6204Vc

Sorry, I misread your OP about the bowl game but he isn't a good back up. He is average at best. Being excited abut 12-16 catches for a player who probably shouldn't even see the field is a joke. Best of luck to him but I think him being in the 2 deep says more about the lack of development of the younger WRs than his actual ability.

They better or more blow out losses will be likely happen. Will they, no. Should they, yes.

Well you know it's the off season when debates about how good the 4th best wr is on a team that isn't very good at throwing it is going on. Stone will catch 20 balls next year at the most I would guess.... If he does that or more it'll be a pleasant surprise or he'll have a lot of garbage time much like the TN game. Debating on if that is something to be happy about or fired up about is silly unless your related to the kid...

Why is a FR walk on from Charles City our starting LT?
Quick. Who wrote this?

"I don't ever recall a January depth chart. It reeks of desperation because it's not set in stone and everyone with half a brain should know that."

CastAway_raft_small.jpg

This is about what that Caribbean Cruise is going to look like this year.
Isn't that the cruise where he makes a big return after being left-for-dead?

Did anyone happen to get a copy of the coaching depth chart for the spring game, I must of missed that one. I'd be more interested in getting a copy of that. I personally doubt if Greg's name is on it.

Where is Ryan Ward? I know he was playing TE in the jumbo packages but I would think he would be on the two deep OL somewhere

No. I know how this is going to turn out.

Curious you responded to this post instead of the one directly previous to it.
The one previous to it was obtuse and I had no idea what type of answer you were looking for. I decided to leave it alone. If you'd care to expound, I'd take a shot at it.

The one previous to it was obtuse and I had no idea what type of answer you were looking for. I decided to leave it alone. If you'd care to expound, I'd take a shot at it.
Now look who is being obtuse. Do you really need to be gerbered on what it means "Who wrote this?"

Quick. Who wrote this?

"I don't ever recall a January depth chart. It reeks of desperation because it's not set in stone and everyone with half a brain should know that."

So I googled Andrew Stone. He is a walk on from a CC. I thought we had recruited the WR position heavily and that was going to negatively affect our OL. Boy, if this is heavily recruiting, the writing on the wall is in bright neon.

Keep in mind Willies wanted to come back.

This reeks of desperation, my only hope is it means Kirk is feeling it from the boosters and actually fears for his job a litt.

It does seem desperate. An experienced coach with a guaranteed contract, out of the blue releases the two deep months ahead of schedule. Bizarre!

Was the sole purpose to list Bethard at #1?

That seems interesting, when his body of work is limited and speculative hope that he will be the help team win more games. When considered with porous defense and horrible OC why would the desperation be focused on a QB you didn't seem to want to play this season.

what is the story behind closed doors? It's a mystery.

Latest posts