The Curious January Depth Chart

Willies wants to be a Hawk like I want to be a Navy Seal.......yet neither one of is willing to do what it takes to be one.

You don't need to remind us that your ASVAB score was lower than Troy Davis'.

Willies wants to be a Hawk like I want to be a Navy Seal.......yet neither one of is willing to do what it takes to be one.

Lets be honest for Kirk to make it too difficult for a talent like him to want to return, for basically nothing, was incredibly foolish and stupid.

had he broken some kind of law, it would make some sense but all he did was make an immature decision and then talk about it in public.

the fact that he is not on the roster when we can't beat ISU is completely asinine.

Lets be honest for Kirk to make it too difficult for a talent like him to want to return, for basically nothing, was incredibly foolish and stupid.

had he broken some kind of law, it would make some sense but all he did was make an immature decision and then talk about it in public.

the fact that he is not on the roster when we can't beat ISU is completely asinine.

Agree 1000%. It is an absolute crime what was done to this kid. This is one of many examples of the HC not caring about this fan base at all. We have not been ranked once in 4-5 years so we are in no position to throw out any talented players. Can you imagine if we had Willies and Smith with CJ as the trigger man? Wow.

If Willies had been on the KF exclusive favorite list this would not have happened. A small subset of guys make his 'favorites' list from day 1 and they are going to play no matter how talented anyone else is. It is a program killer.

I will put the over under for future Willies transfers at 2. Not counting this one.

His legend here rivals only the big human's.

This exactly

Now look who is being obtuse. Do you really need to be gerbered on what it means "Who wrote this?"

Quick. Who wrote this?

"I don't ever recall a January depth chart. It reeks of desperation because it's not set in stone and everyone with half a brain should know that."
If it's so obvious (and it clearly is) why ask me about it?

At this point, I don't think we can honestly say "what it takes to be a Hawkeye". Hard work, would be my normal response but I highly doubt it's limited to that. My guess, at this point would have to include: No ego, be happy sitting while less talented players play, hard work, willingness to never catch a pass longer than 5 yards down field.

I don't know your talent level, but Willies has the talent to be a good big ten receiver. I guess we don't need any moar talent at Iowa, because we have all of these great linemen.

Mason. Davis. Barta. Rudock. Beathard. Depth Chart.

As we speculate about every possible thing, I'm glad that some of us are starting to talk about the overall lack of talent on the team. The recruiting and overall talent level has continued to decline, and the results on the field are a direct result of that. I think we'll see more of the same.

Some are mentioning that Iowa is ranked around 50th in recruiting this coming year, and they seem kind of surprised. That's about where we've been for years, and maybe better than a few years recently.

We aren't getting the talent to compete with the big boys. Even with questionable game management, a talented team would roll Ball State and ISU, and wouldn't get blown out at Minny.

Mason. Davis. Barta. Rudock. Beathard. Depth Chart.

As we speculate about every possible thing, I'm glad that some of us are starting to talk about the overall lack of talent on the team. The recruiting and overall talent level has continued to decline, and the results on the field are a direct result of that. I think we'll see more of the same.

Some are mentioning that Iowa is ranked around 50th in recruiting this coming year, and they seem kind of surprised. That's about where we've been for years, and maybe better than a few years recently.

We aren't getting the talent to compete with the big boys. Even with questionable game management, a talented team would roll Ball State and ISU, and wouldn't get blown out at Minny.

Kinda like a talented '09 team would roll UNI and Arkansas State? We never roll teams reguardless of how talented we are and that's soley do to questionable game management.

The one previous to it was obtuse and I had no idea what type of answer you were looking for. I decided to leave it alone. If you'd care to expound, I'd take a shot at it.

You should be careful using that word. It didn't work well for Andy Dufresne.

Iowa has averaged finishing at 7.5 is B1G rankings in recruiting since 2010. This value includes both Rutgers and MD for the 2014 recruiting class only. In that same period, Iowa is 34 - 30, an average of 6.8 wins a season.

Iowa has averaged finishing at 7.5 is B1G rankings in recruiting since 2010. This value includes both Rutgers and MD for the 2014 recruiting class only. In that same period, Iowa is 34 - 30, an average of 6.8 wins a season.

But of course, to some.. recruiting doesn't run hand in hand with wins *Rolls Eyes*