The Curious January Depth Chart

Kinda like a talented '09 team would roll UNI and Arkansas State? We never roll teams reguardless of how talented we are and that's soley do to questionable game management.

I know, like the NW game. I was just waiting for the Fitz magic to kill us again. Same with the Indiana game.

Until we recruit any speed at all - offense and defense we will be lucky to win any games

This is BS. When we get speed we rarely use it. Powell being a perfect example. I'll water-board the first person who brings up blocking.

What's BS is these so called speed players cant catch , hang onto the ball, or make bone headed plays down inside the 5 yard line

If it's so obvious (and it clearly is) why ask me about it?
If it's so clearly obvious then why not answer it. Ferentz gets his balls busted for not answering questions and/or being defensive in answering. This is an easy question in comparison and he has to answer questions that are obvious, too. Drop the Ferentz impersonation and lead by example.

Assistant coaching changes won't mean a thing. If KF demands they use the same offense/defense and the same 2* players......it's more lipstick.
KF NEEDS recruiters. KF NEEDS aggressive, innovative, young coordinators. And even if KF stepped that far outside of his comfort zone (which is crazy talk), it won't help this program for 2 or 3 seasons.

This times 100!

Hawkeyes lack talent, and it's getting worse.

KF needs to go now because they will need two or three years to upgrade the talent level.

This whole January/ end of year depth chart thing is very bizarre in terms of potential messages it is sending and may be attempting to send. Also, the actual players on it are really concerning. I think next year has the potential to be really really bad. That bowl game was as bad as I've seen in quite some time.

What's BS is these so called speed players cant catch , hang onto the ball, or make bone headed plays down inside the 5 yard line

But you're the one who said we need more speed.

What we really need is better talent and of course a different coach because talent doesn't want to choose this type of boring football.

None of next years true freshman have been in practices yet to earn a spot on the 2 deeps. If we see true freshman on the 2 deeps it won't happen until this fall.

I will rephrase my comment - we need our speed players to: hang on to the ball, catch the ball, and not make bone headed plays within our own 5 yd line. We need a QB to hit our wr that are wide open sprinting down the field. That being said - I don't know what the answer is. Just frustrated I guess.

Why are there no true freshman on the chart
NCAA rules prohibit KF from promoting, discussing or naming players that have committed but not yet signed their letter of intent. It would be an NCAA violation if KF listed a true FR on that depth chart. A 2015 true FR, mind you. If you're talking about true FR from the '14 class, then there are some of those on that depth chart.