The Booing

Maybe. I mean if they figure out the o-line, I think Stanley is legit and could have a monster year. I would say there is about a 10% chance they figure it out. But if they don't, all bets are off and we'll have plenty of games in the 50s for attendance. Could be looking at a 4-5 win season. Hell, but for that OSU miracle, this season is looking like it could have been a 5-7 year.
A legit pocket passer needs a legit line and a legit wr.

There's only 4 bowl team's on the schedule next year though, that's probably a recipe for 9 wins. None of them vs. top 25 opponents.

A lot of things KF and staff do baffle the hell out of me, but my God, why does he keep trotting Rastetter out there to punt? He's seriously letting the kid embarrass himself. How can someone not be capable of punting the ball better than him?

I didn't like (a) the tailgating crackdown, (b) the reseating that shuffled us over 4 seats and broke up our group, and (c) the astronomical prices. I could have dealt with mediocre to bad football if they didn't mess with my seats or charge through the nose for it, but these guys are deranged if they think they can roll out product like this and charge over $3k for 4 seats between the 20 and 40.
Yeah. Tailgating crackdown killed gateway, and Iowa's home field advantage kinda died with it. Jacking up the prices when revenue is the highest it has ever been is ridiculous too.

This is 2014 all over again. But things never really changed.

KFz caught lightning in a bottle in 2015... with the help of a favorable schedule. Barta was stupid enough to bend over following that season...not realizing it might be an anomaly. It has proven to be just that.

And now...we're f***** until 2026. Think about that.... 9 more years. What kind of incompetent fool gives a guy that kind of contract.

A lot of things KF and staff do baffle the hell out of me, but my God, why does he keep trotting Rastetter out there to punt? He's seriously letting the kid embarrass himself. How can someone not be capable of punting the ball better than him?
Heck should of had Stanley punt. Why not?

From the Kinnick Edge site:
  • Complete your seat reservation gift ($1,000 per seat) to guarantee access
    • Seat selection time will be determined by priority points, as calculated on Nov. 15, 2017
  • Annual contribution: $1,958 per seat + cost of football season ticket
    • First annual gift is due by May 31, 2019, prior to 2019 football season
Agree with the prev. poster - no way in h$ll would I pay over $2,000 (donation + ticket) to sit in an end zone!

I have never booed a player unless an opponent did a really dirty play. I have never seen a hawk do a really dirty play in all my years of watching.

I am old enough to remember 1970''s Iowa football.
This seaason feels and plays like the last years of the Bob Commings program.
Lack of B10 level talent.
No imagination on offense.
Bad coaching.in all areas.

Time for a complete reboot of the program.
The problem with a reboot (especially with the money out there today) is that when you start over you have a 1% chance of a landing Hayden Fry, and 99% chance of five Mike Rileys in a row.

If that's what our punting game is going to look like I say leave the offense on the field on 4th down every time and let Stanley do a punt/pass read. He had the best punt of the day.

Same problem every year,can't protect the QB consistently and can't get a defensive pass rush consistently.Coach always says it's great to get 15 extra practices for a Bowl game but when will the fans see the results.

Same problem every year,can't protect the QB consistently and can't get a defensive pass rush consistently.Coach always says it's great to get 15 extra practices for a Bowl game but when will the fans see the results.

We did not lose to an FCS school this year so that is a positive.

Seriously, UI could give a sh!t less. Last home game of the year and BTW, those seats were all paid for ahead of time. The cameras did a nice job of not showing anything above the 30th row most of the time.
This. The academics do not care about athletics....I would go so far as to say they tolerate them at best, and some hate them.

This all starts with Barta. He is a weak AD. Kirk should be gone, but instead keeps getting raises and extensions. Barta keeps his job because the money keeps poring in....whether Iowa has good sports teams or not.

The problem with a reboot (especially with the money out there today) is that when you start over you have a 1% chance of a landing Hayden Fry, and 99% chance of five Mike Rileys in a row.
That is a defeatist attitude, and a perfect example of Kirk Ferentz football: don’t take a chance because something bad might happen.

That is a defeatist attitude, and a perfect example of Kirk Ferentz football: don’t take a chance because something bad might happen.

Given the current administration at Iowa, I think it almost a certainty that something terrible will happen. I mean this is like leaving Adam Shada on an island with James Hardy so that the safety can blitz.

Latest posts