The Booing

NCHawker

The fans in the stands Booed and I was with them every time. Didn't like them booing the punter - that's a college kid out there.

At the same time - that Read option QB run on 3rd and long was just baffling. You could hear the swearing and groweling of the fans on TV.

Horrible.Offensive Performance.. ... . Again.

I am old enough to remember 1970''s Iowa football.
This seaason feels and plays like the last years of the Bob Commings program.
Lack of B10 level talent.
No imagination on offense.
Bad coaching.in all areas.

Time for a complete reboot of the program.

I was at the game, lots of empty seats, the punter #7 was not good and got booed big time. The offense struggled, but eventually got a first down and the very sarcastic cheering erupted.

Nobody is going to cheer 30 yard punts that are 10 yards high 8 times a game. I get the point but it's a football game what do you think fans are going to do?

Boo the coach for putting him out there if he’s not good enough. Which clearly he’s not.

I’ve never left a game early because I usually only make 1 or 2 a year. I left in the 3rd quarter. That game was despicable and the team/coaches should be embarrassed.
I imagine the line to re-board the Hawkeye express was longer then than at the end of the game

Seriously, UI could give a sh!t less. Last home game of the year and BTW, those seats were all paid for ahead of time. The cameras did a nice job of not showing anything above the 30th row most of the time.
I don't think those 10k seats are sold. Some of them are, but I don't think they sell the place out with season tickets. Anyway, I'm so glad we got rid of our tickets a few years ago. I was at the OSU game a few weeks ago and in Lincoln for the Nebraska game in 2015. To me, those are the two high points of the past few years and I've saved a lot of hours driving and not had to watch a lot of bad football.

Gonna be worse next season

Maybe. I mean if they figure out the o-line, I think Stanley is legit and could have a monster year. I would say there is about a 10% chance they figure it out. But if they don't, all bets are off and we'll have plenty of games in the 50s for attendance. Could be looking at a 4-5 win season. Hell, but for that OSU miracle, this season is looking like it could have been a 5-7 year.

Latest posts