The Booing

Maybe. I mean if they figure out the o-line, I think Stanley is legit and could have a monster year. I would say there is about a 10% chance they figure it out. But if they don't, all bets are off and we'll have plenty of games in the 50s for attendance. Could be looking at a 4-5 win season. Hell, but for that OSU miracle, this season is looking like it could have been a 5-7 year.
I was thinking the defense will be worse, so even if the offense improves, I don't see more wins.

I was thinking the defense will be worse, so even if the offense improves, I don't see more wins.
Epenesa being on the field more will make the defense better. That kid is the best player to put on a Hawk uniform in a long time. He's gonna cover up some shortcomings.

I am old enough to remember 1970''s Iowa football.
This seaason feels and plays like the last years of the Bob Commings program.
Lack of B10 level talent.
No imagination on offense.
Bad coaching.in all areas.

Time for a complete reboot of the program.
Only difference was back then,the coaches kid was the QB,instead of the OC.

I don't think those 10k seats are sold. Some of them are, but I don't think they sell the place out with season tickets. Anyway, I'm so glad we got rid of our tickets a few years ago. I was at the OSU game a few weeks ago and in Lincoln for the Nebraska game in 2015. To me, those are the two high points of the past few years and I've saved a lot of hours driving and not had to watch a lot of bad football.

Me too. As mentioned in the game thread ( and many, many times over the last decade ) just got tired of watching bad football. Not bad players, horrible, horrible dogmatic strategy that did little to help those players / compensate for those players’ limitations, let alone, attack the opponents’ weaknesses. Same thing, week after week, season after season, different players, different situations, different opponents, different opportunities didn’t matter ... We are the Iowa Ferentzes and this is what we do and that is football!

Epenesa being on the field more will make the defense better. That kid is the best player to put on a Hawk uniform in a long time. He's gonna cover up some shortcomings.
Three things to consider:
1. AJ is receiving coaching from a Kirk Ferentz coaching staff.
2. Need to replace 3 starting linebackers.
3. Josh Jackson is smarter than Desmond King and will go pro.

Me too. As mentioned in the game thread ( and many, many times over the last decade ) just got tired of watching bad football. Not bad players, horrible, horrible dogmatic strategy that did little to help those players / compensate for those players’ limitations, let alone, attack the opponents’ weaknesses. Same thing, week after week, season after season, different players, different situations, different opponents, different opportunities didn’t matter ... We are the Iowa Ferentzes and this is what we do and that is football!

I didn't like (a) the tailgating crackdown, (b) the reseating that shuffled us over 4 seats and broke up our group, and (c) the astronomical prices. I could have dealt with mediocre to bad football if they didn't mess with my seats or charge through the nose for it, but these guys are deranged if they think they can roll out product like this and charge over $3k for 4 seats between the 20 and 40.

Three things to consider:
1. AJ is receiving coaching from a Kirk Ferentz coaching staff.
2. Need to replace 3 starting linebackers.
3. Josh Jackson is smarter than Desmond King and will go pro.

Remember Bo Bowyer as a freshman? We'll be fine.

I didn't like (a) the tailgating crackdown, (b) the reseating that shuffled us over 4 seats and broke up our group, and (c) the astronomical prices. I could have dealt with mediocre to bad football if they didn't mess with my seats or charge through the nose for it, but these guys are deranged if they think they can roll out product like this and charge over $3k for 4 seats between the 20 and 40.
What are they charging for the new north endzone seats?

It'll help, and honestly no one knows what our backup lbs have, maybe their solid. Hankins looked solid as well. That said, LB is the most important position for how Iowa runs their defense, and losing all three, including one if the best weve ever had, and 110 combined starts...it might hurt.

AJ could be special, but he can't do it alone.

Hey! Those fees are the price of privilege, Man! You’ll pay it and like it!

What are they charging for the new north end zone seats?

From the Kinnick Edge site:
  • Complete your seat reservation gift ($1,000 per seat) to guarantee access
    • Seat selection time will be determined by priority points, as calculated on Nov. 15, 2017
  • Annual contribution: $1,958 per seat + cost of football season ticket
    • First annual gift is due by May 31, 2019, prior to 2019 football season
Agree with the prev. poster - no way in h$ll would I pay over $2,000 (donation + ticket) to sit in an end zone!

It'll help, and honestly no one knows what our backup lbs have, maybe their solid. Hankins looked solid as well. That said, LB is the most important position for how Iowa runs their defense, and losing all three, including one if the best weve ever had, and 110 combined starts...it might hurt.

AJ could be special, but he can't do it alone.
All I know is that in years when we can muster a sick pass rush with the line, our LBs look solid because they don't have to pass cover for 9 freaking seconds a play. In the years our line sucks, our defense looks like absolute dogcrap because most of our LBs aren't really all that good and our DBs typically suck except for one guy who ends up being a stud every year.

• Seat selection time will be determined by priority points, as calculated on Nov. 15, 2017
Agree with the prev. poster - no way in h$ll would I pay over $2,000 (donation + ticket) to sit in an end zone!

Holy crap. I mean, it's nice that they are club seats, but no way am I paying $2k per year donation alone for a single seat in the end zone or corner. These people just don't understand their market.

The fans in the stands Booed and I was with them every time. Didn't like them booing the punter - that's a college kid out there.

At the same time - that Read option QB run on 3rd and long was just baffling. You could hear the swearing and groweling of the fans on TV.

Horrible.Offensive Performance.. ... . Again.

That wind was brutal, it may have been one of the coldest times I have been in at Kinnick in over 45 years. The punter didnt do great avging 31 yds a punt but neither did the Purdue punter avging 33 yds a punt as they gave the stats on the postgame.

I see nothing wrong with only 60000 showing up. I got to the stadium 40 minutes before game time and their werent 1000 people in the stands. The fans were waiting until the last second to get in their seats. The main exodus was at the mid 4th qtr when that pass got tipped and intercepted. Before that there was a slow leakage of fans leaving.

Ferentz wasted 3 timeouts and 1:43 at the end of the first half with the wind behind his back, another very conservative decision that you just cant do when you are only leading 9-7. Terrible.

Wow! Lotta $$ for an endzone. I wonder how the sales are going.

Ferentz wasted 3 timeouts and 1:43 at the end of the first half with the wind behind his back, another very conservative decision that you just cant do when you are only leading 9-7. Terrible.

This part is most damning when you decide to take the ball first knowing Purdue gets it to start the 2nd half.

The fans in the stands Booed and I was with them every time. Didn't like them booing the punter - that's a college kid out there.

At the same time - that Read option QB run on 3rd and long was just baffling. You could hear the swearing and groweling of the fans on TV.

Horrible.Offensive Performance.. ... . Again.
You booed every time, but didn’t like booing the punter, cause he was a college kid. I guess I thought all the players were college kids.

Latest posts