Texas @ Iowa State on ESPN 7:00

giphy.gif

Live video feed from Cy's Roost. Shots will make you forget the game but some Clown fans use different methods.

Why did Campbell let the game end with 2 timeouts still available? Texas got the ball with 7:25 left on the clock and Iowa State was down by 10. That's not impossible to come back from (maybe for ISU it is). At one point it was 3rd and 11 with 6 minutes left on the clock and they just let the clock continue to roll. Later it was 3rd and 4 with 4 minutes left and still no timeout.

I dont know if Campbell just quit on the game or what. Its like they just gave up on the game in the 4th quarter. Did anyone ask him about this in the postgame?

If KF let 7 minutes run off the clock and kept two timeouts when only down 10, I might stop watching Iowa football until he retired. I was really glad I didnt care about ISU football because I was nearly screaming at the tv it was so insane

Why did Campbell let the game end with 2 timeouts still available? Texas got the ball with 7:25 left on the clock and Iowa State was down by 10. That's not impossible to come back from (maybe for ISU it is). At one point it was 3rd and 11 with 6 minutes left on the clock and they just let the clock continue to roll. Later it was 3rd and 4 with 4 minutes left and still no timeout.

I dont know if Campbell just quit on the game or what. Its like they just gave up on the game in the 4th quarter. Did anyone ask him about this in the postgame?

If KF let 7 minutes run off the clock and kept two timeouts when only down 10, I might stop watching Iowa football until he retired. I was really glad I didnt care about ISU football because I was nearly screaming at the tv it was so insane

Save the TO to when you are at 4 minutes or under, but still yeah, you gotta use them at least.

The game ended on a Texas 4th down. 2 TO's would have left 80 seconds. 1:20 isn't a lot of time, but really, do you not want to give yourself a remote chance? A remote chance is better than no chance! Wow! Couldn't believe it!

I also see that it was costume night at Half Price Stadium. Looks like there was a common theme amongst the sell-out crowd. More than 10,000 people dressed as empty seats. The other 51,200 were apparently monks taking a vow of silence. Chrissy and Jack Witver commented how dead it was at HPS. As their fans asked last weekend, "How can you not sell out a night game?" Tickets to the Iowa game were $95 at face value and couldn't be bought for under $100 on sites like Stubhub, no matter how bad the seat. There was never a day for the last week, and I checked every day, where I couldn't buy 2 tickets for last night's game for $12. Every day but one this past week, I could have bought tickets for $10.

To be fair, that game last night was so bad I think the ISU brass should be thankful there weren't more on hand to watch it.

That was a hard game to watch. ISU has to win that game. Texas was basically playing with one hand behind it's back (no OL, no offense whatsoever) and ISU had field position all game long. You can't lose a Big12 game when the opponent only scores 17 points.

Dean, the number of games ISU has to win, that it has ultimately lost in my time as an ISU fan are legion. Let's be honest, the Iowa game, a game you have a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of, is a game ISU has to win. The Texas game was a game ISU has to win. Agreed, they need to win these games. They just don't.

Certainly somebody has suggested that his nickname should be Jacob "trailer" Park. It's becoming apparent why this guy has bounced around so much.

Dean, the number of games ISU has to win, that it has ultimately lost in my time as an ISU fan are legion. Let's be honest, the Iowa game, a game you have a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of, is a game ISU has to win. The Texas game was a game ISU has to win. Agreed, they need to win these games. They just don't.

Texas is a very bad football team, that ISU and it's coaches let dictate the type of game they wanted. Iowa was actually forced to play ISU's game and was good enough to win.

Not a good look.

That was just really weird. Plus Park says something after the shoulder and Campbell turns to him, head down, and flicks his fingers at him from his cheeks?

What does THAT mean? Never seen that move.

Interesting to read 6 page thread from Iowa fans about how bad Texas is when they only gave up 7 points and didn't need OT to win at ISU. The same Texas team that took USC to OT in LA a few weeks back. Could Iowa have done that?

Interesting to read 6 page thread from Iowa fans about how bad Texas is when they only gave up 7 points and didn't need OT to win at ISU. The same Texas team that took USC to OT in LA a few weeks back. Could Iowa have done that?

Sports don't work that way. Iowa also nearly beat Penn St. who is better than USC. Yes, Iowa would beat Texas because they are awful. ISU played their Super Bowl, we see it year after year after year. They play us tough as nails, and they shit themselves vs everyone else.

Same story. Iowa St just can't get out of their own way can they. They went away from the running game which absolutely killed them that game. They let themselves get one dimensional and it looks as if Campbell let the QB steer them that way. It looked to me it was Park's who pretty much dictated what went on in the game in the 2nd half stating to the coach "Let's get this going" which I think in his head = let's throw downfield every play.

The pregame show had compared their running back Montgomery to Saquon Barkley, and then he gets a handful of carries in the game. While Park throws air mail packages early and often and the turnovers come later in the game.

Campbell sure isn't KF. Wish KF would move a bit more like him in emotion, but I get the feeling Campbell isn't going to exit well.

Latest posts