Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

The only reason why I could see Notre Dame be interested in the B12 is due to the fact they do not split their revenues evenly and probably be allowed to maintain their TV contract with NBC. Beyond that everything else regarding Notre Dame their traditions and rivalries scream Big Ten.

For those wondering how Gov. Rick Perry might factor into all of this, Perry is weighing a run for the White House in 2012.

One source told me a move to the SEC by Texas A&M might help Perry, an A&M graduate and former yell leader, with voters in SEC states.

That's because a move by the Aggies into that conference would help the SEC get into Texas for recruiting purposes. Couldn't quite tell if the source was half-joking. Sadly, the source is probably right.

This is a really important factor that not many people are seeing.

Why is Perry pushing A&M? Is it just because he's an Aggie fan? He's a politician. If he didn't see a political advantage in this, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Rick Perry for President might be a huge reason for realignment.

Get rid of A&M for ND? Sign me up today.

ND doesn't want to join the Big Ten and you think they'll want to join the Big Texas? :rolleyes:

And should A&M leave, the then-Little 8 will just be delaying the inevitable once again by placating Texas even further. Congrats, ISU, you get to swirl the drain for an extra year instead of just getting It done and over with!

Last edited:
Dodds and the AD at ND are best friends. Get rid of A&M for ND? Sign me up today.

not%20sure%20if%20serious.jpg

Is there an ISU contingent that actually wants the big 12 to fall? If I were an ISU fan I'd rather join a mid major. I guess final decision would have to be financial obviously.

Latest posts