Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

The BCS doesn't want to give MORE access.
They want to give LESS, much LESS access.

The mountain freakin' west could add the Denver Broncos and they're still not getting an auto bid.

I think the BCS would be interested in replacing one of the main six if one went away. The BCS isn't about a playoff, it's about filling ten spots in five games. To them, not replacing a conference means that a lesser deserving team gets into a BCS bowl. The MWC has Boise State, the main BCS buster the last few years. Since Utah and TCU are both heading to BCS conferences, if the situation presented itself the BCS would absorb a reformed MWC and eliminate any outside busters.

If the B12 fell apart, there is still value in the conference to the remainders. As long as they retained something like five of the current membership and expanded above a certain number, the conference would still exist and retain the BCS bid at least until the next go around.

So if ISU, KU/KSU, MO, and a couple other schools were left, they could invite the top half of the MWC to join, with the BCS bid as their carrot. True, the MWC schools may prefer to watch the B12 disappear and open up one more at-large bid, with the 6th bid likely theirs in the next BCS renewal. But you never know how it could shake out.

You make a good point here. When I brought up the MWC I just assumed the Big 12 remnants would join the MWC but yes, depending on the outcome, I can definitely see a scenario where the Big 12 keeps it's AQ status and brings in others.

I think the BCS would be interested in replacing one of the main six if one went away. The BCS isn't about a playoff, it's about filling ten spots in five games. To them, not replacing a conference means that a lesser deserving team gets into a BCS bowl. The MWC has Boise State, the main BCS buster the last few years. Since Utah and TCU are both heading to BCS conferences, if the situation presented itself the BCS would absorb a reformed MWC and eliminate any outside busters.

Disagree. The five remaining BCS leagues will eat that bid up. Less access, not more.

Oklahoma doesn't have the academics to be in the big ten. I love how people are like mizz and kansas will probably end up the B1G, cause it makes sense logically for them to join. We could pull mizz or kansas at any point now, they aren't going to to do that after the b12 explodes just cause they don't have anyone to play with. If we wanted them we'd already taken then. IMO big ten only expands if ND or Texas joins, if only one of them decides to join I could see us adding another team not named ND or Texas, but only if one of them joins.

Oklahoma doesn't have the academics to be in the big ten. I love how people are like mizz and kansas will probably end up the B1G, cause it makes sense logically for them to join. We could pull mizz or kansas at any point now, they aren't going to to do that after the b12 explodes just cause they don't have anyone to play with. If we wanted them we'd already taken then. IMO big ten only expands if ND or Texas joins, if only one of them decides to join I could see us adding another team not named ND or Texas, but only if one of them joins.

Agree.

This guy gets it.
ND &/or Texas
PERIOD

I assume you were directing that towards my comment. I never said the Big 10 should bring them in. My point was that if the situation arose that the Big 10 expanded again they seem to emphasize borders therefore they would bring in teams already bordering Big 10 states. In that case Mizzou or a Knasas team would make a natural choice. Then again, so would Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, West Virginia, Louisville, and Kentucky.

This guy gets it.
ND &/or Texas
PERIOD

The Big 10 would never take Texas. Texas is a program that nobody can control. Why would the Big 10 want to bring in the volatility Texas drags with them? Anybody that says the Big 10 would seriously consider Texas is smoking something.

The Big 10 would never take Texas. Texas is a program that nobody can control. Why would the Big 10 want to bring in the volatility Texas drags with them? Anybody that says the Big 10 would seriously consider Texas is smoking something.

B10 was seriously considering Texas last year, but texas wasn't interested. But you are right, it is very less likely that we'd let them join with the LHN now. But before the LHN as was going on last year, they would definately of gotten an invite, but they didn't want to cause they would of had to play by our rules.

Edit: Even more unlikely now Nebreska's a member

Last edited:
B10 was seriously considering Texas last year, but texas wasn't interested. But you are right, it is very less likely that we'd let them join with the LHN now. But before the LHN as was going on last year, they would definately of gotten an invite, but they didn't want to cause they would of had to play by our rules.

Agreed. I know Jimmy was pitching his points to Texas at one point, but because of Beebe's incompetence he allowed one of the nations biggest teams to inflate their ego even more. Texas is a powder keg and nobody is going to wants to touch them now. Texas will never be considered by the Big 10 again.

With one less BCS conference, would that leave more tv money for the others, thus making it more possible for the Big 1G to add teams not named ND or Texas?

With one less BCS conference, would that leave more tv money for the others, thus making it more possible for the Big 1G to add teams not named ND or Texas?

My take of what will happen is a&M goes to SEC then Texas will probably go independent or be thinking about it. Oklahoma will want to stay with OKY state. They will call the pac 12 and try to push the two as a package deal. But I believe oky state is worse academically then oklahoma and teams like stanford and cal don't like that thing. So without texas involved I don't see them wanting to expand with Okie state involved. Then Oklahoma says hey we tried to stay together, but it didn't work out. They go to SEC with A&M. Kansas/k-state/mizz/isu/oky state/ttech posture for the 3spots in the big east. The leftovers go to Mountain West or Conference USA. I believe this will raise the big ten money without even adding more teams. Cause the teams without a dance partner basically become non-bcs teams. Just like the old SWC teams have become(If the BCS existed back then the SWC would of had a BCS bid), so I see no reason to expand to cut them into the pie.

If the B12 fell apart, there is still value in the conference to the remainders. As long as they retained something like five of the current membership and expanded above a certain number, the conference would still exist and retain the BCS bid at least until the next go around.

So if ISU, KU/KSU, MO, and a couple other schools were left, they could invite the top half of the MWC to join, with the BCS bid as their carrot. True, the MWC schools may prefer to watch the B12 disappear and open up one more at-large bid, with the 6th bid likely theirs in the next BCS renewal. But you never know how it could shake out.

If the B12 falls apart, we go to 16 team superconferences. Once the Big 12 goes, the Big East will fall apart right after and we're looking at a whole new world for college football. Probably some form of playoffs shortly after too. Four 16 team conferences work too nice not to have a playoff.

If the B12 falls apart, we go to 16 team superconferences. Once the Big 12 goes, the Big East will fall apart right after and we're looking at a whole new world for college football. Probably some form of playoffs shortly after too. Four 16 team conferences work too nice not to have a playoff.

Yuck. Fortunately, i don't think this will happen.

Yuck. Fortunately, i don't think this will happen.

There's no way the SEC just takes Texas A&M and stays at 13 teams. They will expand to 16, probably looking at Florida St, Clemson, Miami, or other ACC teams. The ACC will go after Big East teams as will the B10. The Pac 12 has already tried to 16, they will be going for that again. Texas A&M will not just be a singular change.

There's no way the SEC just takes Texas A&M and stays at 13 teams. They will expand to 16, probably looking at Florida St, Clemson, Miami, or other ACC teams. The ACC will go after Big East teams as will the B10. The Pac 12 has already tried to 16, they will be going for that again. Texas A&M will not just be a singular change.

So what if they do, do u think the ACC/B1G or going to take a bunch of crappy academic schools that do nothing for us, just cause the SEC expanded? I'm not buying this super 16 conference stuff. Same with the pac 12 they're not taking the ttech/oky st's of the world without a package dead of a&m/texas/oky

What makes any of you think the SEC will stop at just Oklahoma and A&M? Kansas, for basketball, and Missouri with the St Louis market would still be attractive. You really want to leave them out there for the SEC to grab and have them expand into B1G markets? ESPN would be all over this! If you can get Kansas without KSU then you take them as they would be huge for Basketball. Missouri brings you Kansas City & St Louis markets and you are getting 2 natural rivalries. Obviously the B1G only makes this move if the B12 implodes otherwise they only expand if they can get ND.

Latest posts