Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

I'd be willing to be that Perry knows more than he is letting on. Someone who is running for president isn't just to comment out of his ***.

I would love for this to happen. My wife is an A&M alum. We live in Nashville. I would love the opportunity to watch A&M play hoops and football not only in town but within a reasonable driving distance.

I was truly hoping that Vandy would leave the SEC and head to the Big10 for the same reasons as above but for Iowa.

I know there is a lot of rumor and innuendo going on over this whole situation but the smoke out of College Station is billowing pretty hard. I am wondering if A&M is getting to the point of no return. Sooner or later they are going to **** the Big 12 off enough that they aren't going to want them. For A&M it's getting "**** or get off the pot" time.

I'd be willing to be that Perry knows more than he is letting on. Someone who is running for president isn't just to comment out of his ***.

This was my first reaction, that this is the type of thing that gets thrown out by a guy like him only after the deal is already set. But then reading his comments it sounds like he was specifically asked and said he has heard the reports that we have heard. Who knows.

This was my first reaction, that this is the type of thing that gets thrown out by a guy like him only after the deal is already set. But then reading his comments it sounds like he was specifically asked and said he has heard the reports that we have heard. Who knows.

I'd be willing to be he knows more than he's telling the press.

I know there are many ISU fans that are brushing this issue off, I am not one of them. This is a very fluid situation, and one that does not guarantee any certainty that ISU lands in a better or equal position than they are at now. If this scenario happens and the Big 12 implodes I only hope the Big East rumors from last year were true and still viable or that a group of the leftovers join the MWC and it gets an auto qualifier into the BCS.

I know there are many ISU fans that are brushing this issue off, I am not one of them. This is a very fluid situation, and one that does not guarantee any certainty that ISU lands in a better or equal position than they are at now. If this scenario happens and the Big 12 implodes I only hope the Big East rumors from last year were true and still viable or that a group of the leftovers join the MWC and it gets an auto qualifier into the BCS.

With all due respect, if there is no Texas, A&M or Sooners, the MWC is not getting an auto bid with the Big 12 remnants. Especially with the departure of BYU, Utah and TCU.

With all due respect, if there is no Texas, A&M or Sooners, the MWC is not getting an auto bid with the Big 12 remnants. Especially with the departure of BYU, Utah and TCU.

You are probably right however if the Big 12 goes away this leaves five AQ conferences instead of six. Sure, the BCS could function just fine with five AQ conferences, but I would suspect the BCS would like to replace the Big 12 and if so, the MWC with some of the big 12 remnants would be the logical choice, especially depending on which Big 12ers make the jump.

What I keep hearing ISU fans say that the SEC doesn't want A&M and that the aggies are just babies. If this goes down and the Big 12 does collapse we will see who is whining then.

I actually hope ISU lands in the Big East. I believe they can compete very well in that conference. They could probably win that conference in football once in awhile.

I just want to know where OK ends up? It would be hard for the B10 to turn down that one. Might have to take OK lite as well, but that would not be a deal breaker, I dont think.

You are probably right however if the Big 12 goes away this leaves five AQ conferences instead of six. Sure, the BCS could function just fine with five AQ conferences, but I would suspect the BCS would like to replace the Big 12 and if so, the MWC with some of the big 12 remnants would be the logical choice, especially depending on which Big 12ers make the jump.

The BCS doesn't want to give MORE access.
They want to give LESS, much LESS access.

The mountain freakin' west could add the Denver Broncos and they're still not getting an auto bid.

I just want to know where OK ends up? It would be hard for the B10 to turn down that one. Might have to take OK lite as well, but that would not be a deal breaker, I dont think.

Although I have heard rumors that the Big 10 has looked outside the bordering states of the Big 10 footprint I have doubts that the conference wants to bring in members that don't at least have some natural border with another Big 10 state. Borders create instant rivalries, and it seems the Big 10 is really high on that. Yes, Okie had a big rivalry with Nebby back in the day, but it seems that Okie wouldn't really fit the normal mold of the Big 10. Bring Mizzou or a Kansas school in together, then you have those natural connections.

If the B12 fell apart, there is still value in the conference to the remainders. As long as they retained something like five of the current membership and expanded above a certain number, the conference would still exist and retain the BCS bid at least until the next go around.

So if ISU, KU/KSU, MO, and a couple other schools were left, they could invite the top half of the MWC to join, with the BCS bid as their carrot. True, the MWC schools may prefer to watch the B12 disappear and open up one more at-large bid, with the 6th bid likely theirs in the next BCS renewal. But you never know how it could shake out.

Latest posts