Tenn. & Nebraska coaching jobs

Recruiting Florida and getting kids to come to lincoln, NE will prove to be two entirely different processes.
Totally agree. But he will have a better shot than most BT coaches to their respective campuses.

Last edited:
Not sold on Lovie Smith as a college coach but Lovie had a very young team this year that may get better in time. I agree with your overall point that we have a reached a crossroads in the conference with the programs we compete against on an upward trend. This program can't continue to coast on auto-pilot. Brian Ferentz I think gets that but not sure about Kirk. We have an uncertain future if we don't start gearing the program towards the future including winning over the younger portion of our fan base that we have long neglected. Interesting times ahead watching how we navigate forward.

Nothing will change, because without pressure to change it does not happen. I hope to see more booing in the future. That would be the only hopeful sign for change. 1 ranked season every 5. JHF produced 1 ranked season every 2.

Last edited:
Nothing will change, because without pressure to change it does not happen. I hope to see more booing in the future. That would be the only hopeful sign for change. I ranked season every 5. JHF produced 1 ranked season every 2.
Fry was more consistent. Once Michigan got a new coach all the blood started flowing there, and Iowa's Texas pipelines aged out, Fry's recruiting fell off and he kept them in the top 25, but just barely. But they didn't look incompetent except vs. OSU.

Ferentz offenses look incompetent, almost always, and they are top ten or bust, once every three years, when the recruitment and developmental aspects magically align. Ferentz's recruiting has fallen off a bit as he ages out, so the distance between ranked seasons is spreading.

As a coach, you have to not only meet average expectations. You have to be trying to improve over them, because everyone else is trying to improve.

As an AD, three years without improvement should be time to find someone else. That's way more time to get better than anyone at their current day to day jobs will get. Why should football coach's get more performance leeway than a car salesman?

Fans should be fanatical. That's what the name means. Expect more. Don't give out bonuses for below average seasons.

I'd love it.

Huskerboard has a 279 page, 13,927 post-long thread about Scott Frost. There will be suicides if he doesn't get hired there.

The UCF Rivals message board is practically shut down because of Huskerboard trolls going in and trashing all the posters. Saying stuff like "You guys are just butt hurt because we knocked you on the ground, took your lunch money and stole your coach," and "hope you enjoyed getting bent over..." blah blah blah.

Part of me hopes he gets hired and loses like Riley because the meltdown would be even worse, but I don't want to wait that long.

FSU is only a bargaining chip. Frost will get 7 years 37 mil at kNU. They're desperate to shut that fan base up.

I hope Frost brings his bad defenses to Nebraska with him. If he doesn’t we’ll be dealing with him for the next 20 years

I wonder how much is buyout will be in 3 or 4 years....
Exactly. He's gonna get ran out of Hicksville like all the other coaches because the most insecure fan base in the world can't accept that it's not hot shit any more.

It took Osborne quite some time to reach the promised land. Will Frost get the same consideration? TO had so many advantages that day in age; a weak conference, scholarship numbers over 100, and a walk-on program second to none, Not to mention taking kids who didn't belong at a community college, let alone a major university.
I predict Scotty will get Nebby back to Solich/Pelini type win totals and will challenge in the West. But consistent 10+ win seasons? In the middle of nowhere?

Tennessee offers head-coaching job to Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt, sources say

Tennessee expects to announce Pruitt as its football coach on Thursday, and a press conference to introduce him is planned for later in the day.

http://es.pn/2j1TFaL

They REALLY love Scott Frost in Lincoln.
24852341_1740236746006696_1746972887088515384_n.jpg

Interesting that 4 of Nebraska new coaches, head and assistants had coached at UNI. And one played for Iowa.

Latest posts