Temper your Disappointment

Quick--Somebody draft us a Hawkeye B-ball quatrain.

OK--I did it for y'all......

When a legacy stone orb struggles from the field,
By the young ones shall the White Magic’s will be facilitated;
A dearth of victory shall be overcome in the month of purification;
A season’s fortunes reversed after much consternation.

Just a matter of getting a shot to fall, like the tying basket in regulation last night, it bounced off the front of the rim, his the backboard and rolls in. Josh's shot goes in and out......

Mike Gesell's shot against Minnesota was close, very close to going in.......

We are merely a step away from becoming the team we thought we would be. Fran's teams continue to improve throughout the season and we Will get better.....

:)

Once again the level headed Jack comes in and uses real logic.

This is starting to look an awful lot like the football forum.

Everyone knows better but the staff and the players suck. This is unacceptable!!!!!!!!

*Slow clap*

Agreed. Look at the upperclassman that see minutes- McCabe & May would be picking splinters out of their butts on any top 25 program and they played a ton last night in a key game. Gabe 0. can't walk & chew gum and he gets time.
Fran is my hero and my hope for turning this program around. With the 3 freshman and the at least 2 good players coming in next season, the team will be relevant for a while. THANK GOODNESS:eek:

Iowa was bare when Fran came in. Absolutely bare. The fact that Fran has this program competing with every single program (sans UM on the road) in the best conference in the land less than two years removed from an 11 win season is NOT underachieving, in fact, it's pretty remarkable.

Yeah, go look at my posts. All I do is gloat...will be counting the days for my big chance. You will have to check back to see what I say. Someone on here will explain it to you if you don't get it when the time comes.

Well even if its only 2 losses the tourney still isn't going to happen so what are you gonna do? Pull this out and gloat while we're hosting a 1st round NIT game?

You are forgetting a pretty key and important factor here....Iowa plays in the best conference in the nation and the best the Big Ten has been since at least the early 1990s. Iowa can be better but a lot of other teams were better, too. Iowa beat Indiana and Michigan last year...didn;t think that was gonna happen this year because those teams better. I felt Josh would be shooting better than he has, but no way did I think he'd come close to replacing Gatens.

You don't have to buy anything. I posted my expectations for this team in early November before they played a game. They are right on pace to what I thought they'd be as a record. They have actually been more competitive than I thought they would be.

Therefore, my panties aren't in a bunch today.

Jon - it's not about your overall prediction. I just find it hard to believe you expected the defense to improve this much over last year, but I guess you did, so good work.

Iowa has surpassed my expectations for this season already, if you would have told me Marble would be banged up and we would have shoot this poorly, I would have predicted we would probably be 1-8 at this point. The way we are competing this year is much more sustainable than simply outscoring people and hoping Gatens was hot like we did in a lot of our wins last year.

I'd like to see this in the running for post of the year come December. Early favorite right here.

Agreed. Look at the upperclassman that see minutes- McCabe & May would be picking splinters out of their butts on any top 25 program and they played a ton last night in a key game. Gabe 0. can't walk & chew gum and he gets time.
Fran is my hero and my hope for turning this program around. With the 3 freshman and the at least 2 good players coming in next season, the team will be relevant for a while. THANK GOODNESS:eek:

Iowa was bare when Fran came in. Absolutely bare. The fact that Fran has this program competing with every single program (sans UM on the road) in the best conference in the land less than two years removed from an 11 win season is NOT underachieving, in fact, it's pretty remarkable.

May is probably our best defensive player, and McCabe is one of our best 3 pt shooters this year

storminspank;1059345 There's a lot to be excited about said:
I agree with that comment 100%.

I dislike the nonchalant attitude of those who keep saying I expected this, that is getting very old and tiring.

From what I am getting from you and your posts, is that this is all on you. You don't want to expect or accept this, fine, go chase dreams and continue to be a homer, the rest of us will live with reality. But what good does you pizzing and moaning and telling others they are wrong when what you EXPECT and what you ACCEPT is only an opinion.

he actually has a point.

You are forgetting a pretty key and important factor here....Iowa plays in the best conference in the nation and the best the Big Ten has been since at least the early 1990s. Iowa can be better but a lot of other teams were better, too. Iowa beat Indiana and Michigan last year...didn;t think that was gonna happen this year because those teams better. I felt Josh would be shooting better than he has, but no way did I think he'd come close to replacing Gatens.

You don't have to buy anything. I posted my expectations for this team in early November before they played a game. They are right on pace to what I thought they'd be as a record. They have actually been more competitive than I thought they would be.

Therefore, my panties aren't in a bunch today.

Your panties aren't in a bunc? DARN!

LOLOL. Awesome

Jon - it's not about your overall prediction. I just find it hard to believe you expected the defense to improve this much over last year, but I guess you did, so good work.

Iowa has surpassed my expectations for this season already, if you would have told me Marble would be banged up and we would have shoot this poorly, I would have predicted we would probably be 1-8 at this point. The way we are competing this year is much more sustainable than simply outscoring people and hoping Gatens was hot like we did in a lot of our wins last year.

WTH are we arguing about then? ;)

No, I didn't expect Iowa to rank this high statistically in the tempro free defensive stats....because I still cant get my mind wrapped around them...I look at the old school numbers more than anything else.

Latest posts