TCU to the Big 12

TCU adds very little to the Big 12. It is a very small school of less than 9,000 students. It is definitely no better than the fifth or sixth most followed college program in the state of Texas.

The four large public schools; Houston, Texas, A&M & Tech, all have a much larger following than TCU. TCU's following is about on a par with or a little bit less than Baylor or SMU.

A Texas A&M SEC game would blow a TCU vs. Iowa State game out of the water in TV ratings, if the game was even televised. This week Kansas at Oklahoma State & Iowa at Baylor are not being televised. Next week, Iowa State at Missouri & Kansas State at Texas Tech aren't being broadcast.

The idea that TCU would add TV sets to the Big 12 market is ludicrous. It is a move out of desperation.

TCU adds very little to the Big 12. It is a very small school of less than 9,000 students. It is definitely no better than the fifth or sixth most followed college program in the state of Texas.

The four large public schools; Houston, Texas, A&M & Tech, all have a much larger following than TCU. TCU's following is about on a par with or a little bit less than Baylor or SMU.

A Texas A&M SEC game would blow a TCU vs. Iowa State game out of the water in TV ratings, if the game was even televised. This week Kansas at Oklahoma State & Iowa at Baylor are not being televised. Next week, Iowa State at Missouri & Kansas State at Texas Tech aren't being broadcast.

The idea that TCU would add TV sets to the Big 12 market is ludicrous. It is a move out of desperation.

+1

Are you guys idiots? How can you say that TCU isn't a good addition (for football which is all that matters). It isn't like it is SMU who sucks. TCU has been legit for years. Who did they beat last year in the Rose Bowl by the way? They didn't beat Wisconsin with trick plays and it wasn't a "fluke". They were a better team. Now this team can step up their recruiting and their fan base is going to increase big time. It is a great addition compared to who they were looking at plain and simple.

So say TCU would have played Michigan the week prior to playing Wisconsin, do you still think they would have won with only a week to prepare insted of 30 days?

If you were to ask college football fans all across the country to name their Top 20 programs in college football for the past decade, TCU would not be on most of the lists. That is all that matters. TCU does not add anything in television revenue.

Also, when did TCU beat Oklahoma? I honestly do not remember that.

you are just wrong, constantly.

the only people who would say "no they aren't a top 20 team this decade" is someone who dislikes the big XII and wants to downplay TCU's addition to the conference (i.e. Iowa fans obsessed with ISU).

TCU has been to a bowl game 8 of the last ten years (2 BCS) and have won 6 of those games. one of which, was last years Rose Bowl. they've finished in the top 25 seven times out of the last 10 years.

I challenge you to find me 20 programs with better results over the last decade than TCU's. I guarantee you can't.

bottom line is that TCU is a good addition to the big XII. they have existing rivalries with Ttech and Baylor. They are in a big market/football state. They make geographic sense, and them leaving the big East all but guarantees that that conference is done as far as football is concerned (NCAA rules say you need a minimum of 7 football teams to retain AQ conference status. This now puts the Big East at 6 with the defections of Syracuse and Pitt).

This also indicates Big XII stability for the foreseeable future.

TCU to the Big 12 is only going to help improve their recruiting going forward. They will become an even better football program (probably basketball as well) because of this move.

I didnt say that you twit. I said they would not come to mind when asking people to name their Top 20 programs. Sure they are up there in regards to win/loss records but they just dont have a lot of national appeal. They have very little relevancy outside of the state of Texas.

antoine_dodson_you_are_so_dumb-14245.gif

TCU has lived on ESPN the past few years. in the past 2 years they've played in the fiesta bowl and the rose bowl. are you telling me that they have managed to do that, yet have remain irrelevant outside of the state of Texas?

TCU is currently more relevant than Iowa on a national scale

you are just wrong, constantly.

the only people who would say "no they aren't a top 20 team this decade" is someone who dislikes the big XII and wants to downplay TCU's addition to the conference (i.e. Iowa fans obsessed with ISU).

TCU has been to a bowl game 8 of the last ten years (2 BCS) and have won 6 of those games. one of which, was last years Rose Bowl. they've finished in the top 25 seven times out of the last 10 years.

I challenge you to find me 20 programs with better results over the last decade than TCU's. I guarantee you can't.

bottom line is that TCU is a good addition to the big XII. they have existing rivalries with Ttech and Baylor. They are in a big market/football state. They make geographic sense, and them leaving the big East all but guarantees that that conference is done as far as football is concerned (NCAA rules say you need a minimum of 7 football teams to retain AQ conference status. This now puts the Big East at 6 with the defections of Syracuse and Pitt).

This also indicates Big XII stability for the foreseeable future.

Not much of a reader, are you? All I said was people do not consider TCU a national power. I said they had a great record over the last few years, nobody is disputing that. I was not arguing results, just relevancy.

And since you brought up TCU's bowl record, I would be interested to see who they played in those bowls besides Boise St and Wisconsin. Im sure they were some big time bowls going up against highly ranked foes.

I haven't wrapped my mind around all the ins and outs of TCU to the Big 12. I kinda figured they would be added eventually as a 12th team to get back to divisions. Almost like the cherry on top to finish things off.

From a national perspective I like it. Its builds up TCUs stature with recruits and possibly keeps a few more blue chippers in Texas(TCU) as opposed to going to the SEC, now that ATM has opened that door. I'm not sure TCU would have that much clout before joining the B12.

Looking like Mizzou is not SEC bound. TCU makes 10. BYU has been sniffing around. More Big east programs now in limbo. Hard to think 12 teams is not back in the forecast for the Big 12.

TCU has lived on ESPN the past few years. in the past 2 years they've played in the fiesta bowl and the rose bowl. are you telling me that they have managed to do that, yet have remain irrelevant outside of the state of Texas?

TCU is currently more relevant than Iowa on a national scale

And how many of those ESPN games were on Thursday or Friday nights? Come to think of it TCU just may be a perfect fit for the new Big 12. Another irrelevant team for a soon to be irrelevant league that Texas or Oklahoma will win EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

From a revenue stand point this does not hurt the B12 at all as they do not have their own network. So the amount of TV sets or TV footprint really makes no difference to the B12. They need quality matchups so the big boys will keep paying a premium to televise their games. They cannot expect to keep getting these big TV contracts with just 8 or 9 teams in the conference, they have to get to at least 10. TCU will replace TAMU and if Missouri leaves expect the B12 to add BYU.

Not much of a reader, are you? All I said was people do not consider TCU a national power. I said they had a great record over the last few years, nobody is disputing that. I was not arguing results, just relevancy.

And since you brought up TCU's bowl record, I would be interested to see who they played in those bowls besides Boise St and Wisconsin. Im sure they were some big time bowls going up against highly ranked foes.

you have absolutely nothing to substantiate your claim of TCU having "no national relevance". you have your own, extremely uneducated, opinion.

Results, bowl wins, and rankings are a far better indicator of relevance than your opinion.

to answer your second question:

Bowl victories over Colorado State (liberty bowl), Iowa State (houston bowl), Northern Illinois (poinsettia bowl), Houston (texas bowl), Boise State (poinsettia bowl), Wisconsin (rose bowl).

Does everyone realize that TCU is 3-2 with losses to Baylor & SMU? TCU is not good this year.

you have absolutely nothing to substantiate your claim of TCU having "no national relevance". you have your own, extremely uneducated, opinion.

Results, bowl wins, and rankings are a far better indicator of relevance than your opinion.

Bowl victories over Colorado State (liberty bowl), Iowa State (houston bowl), Northern Illinois (poinsettia bowl), Houston (texas bowl), Boise State (poinsettia bowl), Wisconsin (rose bowl).
That list of bowl games does not help your case any.

Stellar bowl competition. How can you give so much merit to TCU's results when they play in such a weak conference?

Are you guys idiots? How can you say that TCU isn't a good addition (for football which is all that matters). It isn't like it is SMU who sucks. TCU has been legit for years. Who did they beat last year in the Rose Bowl by the way? They didn't beat Wisconsin with trick plays and it wasn't a "fluke". They were a better team. Now this team can step up their recruiting and their fan base is going to increase big time. It is a great addition compared to who they were looking at plain and simple.

You must have missed this recent college football score:

SMU 40, TCU 33

And how many of those ESPN games were on Thursday or Friday nights? Come to think of it TCU just may be a perfect fit for the new Big 12. Another irrelevant team for a soon to be irrelevant league that Texas or Oklahoma will win EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Flame much?

So playing a game on thursday or friday nights makes u irrelevant? one would think that since it's the only football on, and is in prime time, it would make you very relevant.

the following teams have or will play on either thursday or friday night on ESPN this year.

Iowa State, Uconn, Cal, Oregon, Boise State, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, Miami, BYU, TCU, Florida State, BC, Colorado, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas aTm, Iowa, Nebraska, ASU, USF, Wisconsin, Miss st, Baylor, Michigan st, Mizzou, LSU.

yep, all those teams are totally irrelevant...

seriously stop responding. every time you reply you just sound even dumber

Those of you that think this is such a bad move by the B12 then go to the other thread in this section and name who would be a good choice.

With all the problems the B12 is having them stealing a school from ACC, B1G, SEC, or Pac12 is not going to happen. This leaves them looking at either the Mountain West, Conf USA, WAC, Big East, or BYU.

Latest posts