TCU to the Big 12

Sure they and Boise can compete with the bigger boys when these schools either 1) have a whole month to prepare for a bowl game against them or 2) have the whole summer and fall camp to prepare for them in the season opener.

I have a feeling TCU isn't going to be as good when they only have a week to prepare for the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St etc...

agreed.... Louisville is a prime example

They bring the DFW market.. that is really the only reason why they brought them in.. Athletic Facilities are.. ehh average at best, renovations to their football stadium... only will hold like 45,000.
Enrollment is only 9,000 or something like that.
Don't they alreay have the DFW market? There are probably 10 UT fans for every TCU fan in the DFW area. Actually, there are probably more OU fans in DFW than there are TCU fans.

Guys the reality is TCU is a solid addition to the B12. They don't quite make up for A&M, but its close.

Don't they alreay have the DFW market? There are probably 10 UT fans for every TCU fan in the DFW area. Actually, there are probably more OU fans in DFW than there are TCU fans.

in a way yes, but this more or less "solidifies" it

in a way yes, but this more or less "solidifies" it

Christ alive it doesn't solidify anything. The Dallas market was all wrapped up prior to TCU they B12 didn't need any help with that.

Again what this does is put an additional game per week on TV's in Texas. That's really what all this is about.

It's a move to help "block" some TV's from following A&M and picking up other SEC games.

Guys the reality is TCU is a solid addition to the B12. They don't quite make up for A&M, but its close.
No it's not even remotely close. A&M fans are, well, fanatical. And their enrollment is 5x bigger than TCU.

Over the last 5 years TCU is probably a top 5 big ten team. they are a solid addition for now which is what the big twelve needs, a stop gap of sorts.

Over the last 5 years TCU is probably a top 5 big ten team. they are a solid addition for now which is what the big twelve needs, a stop gap of sorts.

Maybe a top 5 Big Ten team with a MWC schedule, no way in hell they would be a top 5 team with OSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisc etc... on their schedule week after week.

Since 2000 TCU has the 4th or 5th most wins in college football I believe. (heard that on the radio so it could be wrong). Sure they play in a lower conference but they have shown that they can play with the big boys and have beat Wisconsin, Oklahoma, etc in recent years. So yes they are a top 20 program in recent memory which is all that matter

Minnesota all time might be a top 20 program but does anyone consider them a good program anymore? No.

If you were to ask college football fans all across the country to name their Top 20 programs in college football for the past decade, TCU would not be on most of the lists. That is all that matters. TCU does not add anything in television revenue.

Also, when did TCU beat Oklahoma? I honestly do not remember that.

SEC, ACC, and Pac 12 fans are more like to watch a TCU football game than a Purdue football game and I'm sure Purdue has twice the fans. So in that since it doesn't matter.

You are exactly correct. In the sense that the big12 inviting TCU would be like the B1G inviting Purdue to join if Notre Dame was already a member.

No it's not even remotely close. A&M fans are, well, fanatical. And their enrollment is 5x bigger than TCU.

Again you people are obsessed with things that don't matter. The size of the fanbase is not a major factor here. What is a factor is how many TV sets B12 football can occupy with the addition of TCU. While it's not the same as A&M it's close, and it's clearly their best option.

In addition it also will keep some TV sets in Texas off SEC games.

This is so true. I was just in Fort Worth this weekend at a sports bar and the fans that were in Texas, A&M or Tech gear or were watching those games was about 12-1 from TCU, Baylor (0) and SMU. In fact I was surprised by how many SMU fans there were compared to TCU - they played against each other Saturday. There were approximately 150-200 people at this bar too. IT WAS PACKED!!

If you were to ask college football fans all across the country to name their Top 20 programs in college football for the past decade, TCU would not be on most of the lists. That is all that matters. TCU does not add anything in television revenue.

Also, when did TCU beat Oklahoma? I honestly do not remember that.

Hahaha whaatt? You wouldn't call TCU a top 20 program the past decade? Really?

With a lot of talk that the Big 12 will dismantle...why don't they jump the gun and become the first 16 team mega-conference?

TCU, Louisville, West Virginia, ect.

Those are solid programs with some name recognition...and would seemingly be good enough to keep BCS status.

TCU is no where close to A&M. Maybe if you only looked at football W's and L's from the past 6-7 years, and ignored every other sport, fan base, tradition, etc.

Last edited:
Hahaha whaatt? You wouldn't call TCU a top 20 program the past decade? Really?

I didnt say that you twit. I said they would not come to mind when asking people to name their Top 20 programs. Sure they are up there in regards to win/loss records but they just dont have a lot of national appeal. They have very little relevancy outside of the state of Texas.

Are you guys idiots? How can you say that TCU isn't a good addition (for football which is all that matters). It isn't like it is SMU who sucks. TCU has been legit for years. Who did they beat last year in the Rose Bowl by the way? They didn't beat Wisconsin with trick plays and it wasn't a "fluke". They were a better team. Now this team can step up their recruiting and their fan base is going to increase big time. It is a great addition compared to who they were looking at plain and simple.

Are you guys idiots? How can you say that TCU isn't a good addition (for football which is all that matters). It isn't like it is SMU who sucks. TCU has been legit for years. Who did they beat last year in the Rose Bowl by the way? They didn't beat Wisconsin with trick plays and it wasn't a "fluke". They were a better team. Now this team can step up their recruiting and their fan base is going to increase big time. It is a great addition compared to who they were looking at plain and simple.

Nobody is saying that TCU doesnt have a good football program. It just doesnt add much revenue to the Big 12.

Latest posts