TCU to the Big 12

Definitely will help football wise, which in the end all that matters. Basketball, their program is worse than Nebraska's.

Just another Texas football team Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor will struggle with. Too bad for them they can't add a team they could actually compete with recruiting and competitively with.

This just seems like a terrible move. They don't add anything to the conference but only take away. Small fan base no new televisions.

Wow talk about watering down the conference. TCU is in Fort Worth Texas and is the 5th most popular college team in Fort Worth. They have a TINY fanbase. The big 12 is desperate and it shows.

Adding TCU makes the conference quite a bit weaker.

This just seems like a terrible move. They don't add anything to the conference but only take away. Small fan base no new televisions.

I think this point is overplayed and makes more sense if you have your own Network and charging per customer. Which the big 12 doesn't I think it's a way better move then adding BYU(who has larger fan base) ESPN and other networks are going to be more excited to show TCU/Texas TCU/Tech TCU/Baylor then BYU/Texas or really BYU vs anybody. The networks care about what plays more nationally rather then just in the two states the teams are from.

This move adds another quality team that performs well on the field and performance on the field brings the TV revenue. Just because someone has a TV doesn't mean their going to watch a team that performs badly.

I helps keep Texas tvs and adds a football team that's competed for national titles over the last few years.

I helps keep Texas tvs and adds a football team that's competed for national titles over the last few years.

There are more people that are Indiana Hoosiers fans than TCU fans. But which game would be watched more nationally? Indiana vs Penn St or TCU vs Texas? People nationally will watch them b/c they are a top 20 program. That's all that matters.

With that said, just another really tough team to play in football every year. Hopefully we can add a couple decent teams to the list like Louisville

There are more people that are Indiana Hoosiers fans than TCU fans. But which game would be watched more nationally? Indiana vs Penn St or TCU vs Texas? People nationally will watch them b/c they are a top 20 program. That's all that matters.

With that said, just another really tough team to play in football every year. Hopefully we can add a couple decent teams to the list like Louisville

Top 20 program of what. The last 4-5 years?? Big whoop.

You should hope that folly has a deal with the MAC all wrapped up. Big East is dying before our very eyes, and I believe that the B12 will eventually too.

Really? I would like to see TCU television ratings before I believe they are a national draw.

I like the move b/c their football program is pretty solid. Who cares about the rest of the sports though. The other sports don't matter anymore, ask Kansas! What I really like about it is they can now steal a few more recruits from Texas now that they play in a Big BCS conference. Go TCU, down with Texas.

Top 20 program of what. The last 4-5 years?? Big whoop.

Since 2000 TCU has the 4th or 5th most wins in college football I believe. (heard that on the radio so it could be wrong). Sure they play in a lower conference but they have shown that they can play with the big boys and have beat Wisconsin, Oklahoma, etc in recent years. So yes they are a top 20 program in recent memory which is all that matter

Minnesota all time might be a top 20 program but does anyone consider them a good program anymore? No.

Really? I would like to see TCU television ratings before I believe they are a national draw.

SEC, ACC, and Pac 12 fans are more like to watch a TCU football game than a Purdue football game and I'm sure Purdue has twice the fans. So in that since it doesn't matter.

They bring the DFW market.. that is really the only reason why they brought them in.. Athletic Facilities are.. ehh average at best, renovations to their football stadium... only will hold like 45,000.
Enrollment is only 9,000 or something like that.

Since 2000 TCU has the 4th or 5th most wins in college football I believe. (heard that on the radio so it could be wrong). Sure they play in a lower conference but they have shown that they can play with the big boys and have beat Wisconsin, Oklahoma, etc in recent years. So yes they are a top 20 program in recent memory which is all that matter

Minnesota all time might be a top 20 program but does anyone consider them a good program anymore? No.

Sure they and Boise can compete with the bigger boys when these schools either 1) have a whole month to prepare for a bowl game against them or 2) have the whole summer and fall camp to prepare for them in the season opener.

I have a feeling TCU isn't going to be as good when they only have a week to prepare for the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St etc...

Latest posts