Take StL, KC, Reinforce East Flank, Wait on ND

Just curious, who do you see the Big Ten adding? Because Duke/UNC/Virginia offer as much or more to the Big Ten as Rutgers, Syracuse, Pit, Mizzouri, et. al. Give me a legitimate candidate for Big Ten expansion that offers more than UNC/Duke. I agree that Virginia isn't a major athletic home run, but they are an academic home run, and they are a good geographic addition if you are going to add UNC/Duke.

If ND doesn't enter the league, I don't see them adding anyone. If ND does come in, they will add one more school to even out the divisions-- if not Rutgers, than just a space-filler, a team that is already in the geographic footprint. Think Mizzou, Pitt, etc.

I'm skeptical of a 16-team Big Ten conference because: a) There aren't four more schools out there that fit the bill from a financial, geographic, athletic, and academic perspective; b) The B10 doesn't have a long history of poaching teams from other conferences; and c) Contrary to popular belief, not every teams wants to be in the Big Ten.