Tailgate Time?

Hawkeyetob

Been having a discussion with my wife about this later kickoff and what it means for tailgating.

Typically for bigger games we like to be parked around 4 hours prior to kick-off. We do have a parking pass so do not feel like we need to "race to be first" to the lot, but do like to have some choices for spaces.

My thought is it usually takes some time to set up, get food going/put out, need time for a few games of ladder golf/bean bags, overall relaxing, and then tear down around an hour prior to kickoff.

HOWEVER, with this game being as late as it is, 4 hours pre-kick is 3:00 p.m.
For whatever reason, that seems late to me.

Anyone altering their routine due to the later kickoff?

Thanks!

Go Hawks!

if i was able to go and not have a wedding my group would be going around lunch or before depending on weather

With the group I tailgate with I'm happy to start at 10:30. That still gives us eight and a half hours of tailgate time. When my 66 year old dad and 60 year old mom living with MS are two of the people in my group justifying to them to be in the lots at 7am for a 7pm kick is pretty hard.

if your drinking hard all day you guys are going to be a mess time kickoff lol! makes for a looong day of drinking unless you have a nice rv or something

We don't drink non stop the whole time, we tailgate right next to the stadium in the parking lot in front of the bubble...

Every homecoming game we do a chili cook off, set up the canopies and get a generator going to set up the DirecTV, it's just worked out the last two years the homecoming game has been at night...Tailgating isn't a speed thing, it's all about the moderation :)

1212 Melrose starts rockin at 7:00 a.m. no matter the kickoff time!!!!! Yes we will be a mess by kickoff. Last PSU game I didn't even know they intercepted the ball in the 4th QTR, once the FG was made I jumped the wall, threw my back out...and when I got back to the tailgate I had two pockets full of grass....OH MY!

Naw no need to throw my chest out and brag about how much alcohol I can drink in a day... That's never been my thing, there's drinking going on but it's spaced out and it's all about the game... I don't go to tailgate I go to watch the games like a lot of fans...

Heading over to Cedar Rapids for some drinks with the old college roommates on Friday evening, so I suppose whatever time I'm able to drag myself out of bed on Saturday I'll head over to Kinnick. The drive will be a lot nicer than having to commute from Ankeny. Hopefully get there sometime around the usual 7 am. Might head to a bar to watch the Mich St Wisky and Michigan Indiana games at 2:30.

Heading over to Cedar Rapids for some drinks with the old college roommates on Friday evening, so I suppose whatever time I'm able to drag myself out of bed on Saturday I'll head over to Kinnick. The drive will be a lot nicer than having to commute from Ankeny. Hopefully get there sometime around the usual 7 am. Might head to a bar to watch the Mich St Wisky and Michigan Indiana games at 2:30.

We need to figure out a way to hook up a TV to watch these at the tailgate. Any advice guys? Rabbit ears work? Or do we need a lot more than that? I have never done this before, but sure would like to with all the great 2:30 games on. Isn't MSU-Wisc on ABC?

We need to figure out a way to hook up a TV to watch these at the tailgate. Any advice guys? Rabbit ears work? Or do we need a lot more than that? I have never done this before, but sure would like to with all the great 2:30 games on. Isn't MSU-Wisc on ABC?

If you have a good set of rabbit ears you can use them. otherwise do what I do if you have DirecTV and bring the dish and set it up!

We will be in our tailgating spot by 8 am. But I probably won't start drinking until at least 8:15. I've heard Barta's call about responsibility and I won't let him down.

We will be in our tailgating spot by 8 am. But I probably won't start drinking until at least 8:15. I've heard Barta's call about responsibility and I won't let him down.

You are truly not one of the knuckleheads he was referring to. Keep up the good work!

1212 Melrose starts rockin at 7:00 a.m. no matter the kickoff time!!!!! Yes we will be a mess by kickoff. Last PSU game I didn't even know they intercepted the ball in the 4th QTR, once the FG was made I jumped the wall, threw my back out...and when I got back to the tailgate I had two pockets full of grass....OH MY!
Ha ha Stevie...I had a good laugh at your post here.

The Hammer and Crown can be lethal to one's senses and sensability it seems.

Please don't take any grass with you this time. It won't grow back. ;)