Sunday Session III

Terrible match by both wrestlers. MN stalled the whole time. Telford bad effort. Gotta finish that TD.

What would happen if both wrestlers were dq'd via stalling? That would have been preferable to that display.

Telford is bad on the bottom. Good on his feet and on top but terrible underneath.

His starting bottom positioning isn't even good. Needs to get his weight back. It's not hard for a for a HW to ride when you letting him put all his and your weight on your front quarter.

Well, time to get ready for the big one. Hopefully we will wrestle above a couple of seeds and get a little help and maybe surprise the wrestling world.

Avg finish: IA 3.8 PSU 3.6 Minn 3.6; the difference, two weights getting absolutely nothing. I gave Vinny, Kelly, and Zilverberg all 10th place even though Kelly was the only one who earned a true 10th. PSU is the favorite but their holes won't score at nationals either.

Bottom line when you have six in the finals, one 3rd, and one 5th, you should walk away with the title. PSU can enjoy this one, but nationals is upon us now, go Hawks!

Avg finish: IA 3.8 PSU 3.6 Minn 3.6; the difference, two weights getting absolutely nothing. I gave Vinny, Kelly, and Zilverberg all 10th place even though Kelly was the only one who earned a true 10th. PSU is the favorite but their holes won't score at nationals either.

Bottom line when you have six in the finals, one 3rd, and one 5th, you should walk away with the title. PSU can enjoy this one, but nationals is upon us now, go Hawks!

Yeah, but PSU's top three will all be favored to win NCs. McD could for us, but I would guess our other finalists will drop down the podium a bit at NCAAs. DSJ, Ramos, and MM are all capable of winning, but none should be favored. All would have to wrestle the best tourneys of their lives. We'd also need good showings from Evans, EL, GG, and Telford even if the other guys wrestle great.

We have a punchers chance, but it's going to take a lot of good things happening in one weekend.

All 8 of our guys should legitimately be All Americans. I wouldn't say that about MN or PSU. We need to take that advantage and run with it. Telford, Lofthouse and GG are the keys... not McD, Ramos, Marion, StJ and Evans. We will win or lose a national championship based on how those 3 do in my opinion.

All 8 of our guys should legitimately be All Americans. I wouldn't say that about MN or PSU. We need to take that advantage and run with it. Telford, Lofthouse and GG are the keys... not McD, Ramos, Marion, StJ and Evans. We will win or lose a national championship based on how those 3 do in my opinion.

I guess what I'm saying is that if our top-end can wrestle as well as their top end, I like our chances. If we can get 3 ind. champs out of the set of McD, Ramos, MM, DSJ, and Evans, that would cancel out PSU's Molinaro, Taylor, and Ruth no matter what. Then it would be their mid-tier vs. our mid-tier and I think that bodes well for us. They've got some other tough guys, but so do we.

Problem is, I don't think it's very likely for us to get 3 champs. Hell, that'd be better than we did this weekend. And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to get their 3 champs.

I guess what I'm saying is that if our top-end can wrestle as well as their top end, I like our chances. If we can get 3 ind. champs out of the set of McD, Ramos, MM, DSJ, and Evans, that would cancel out PSU's Molinaro, Taylor, and Ruth no matter what. Then it would be their mid-tier vs. our mid-tier and I think that bodes well for us. They've got some other tough guys, but so do we.

Problem is, I don't think it's very likely for us to get 3 champs. Hell, that'd be better than we did this weekend. And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to get their 3 champs.

Let's say McD, MM, and DSJ get titles. The reason they don't cancel out PSU's 3 is because their guys are bonus points machines. It is going to take the others to step up, but they are all fringe to high probability AA. It can be done!

Let's say McD, MM, and DSJ get titles. The reason they don't cancel out PSU's 3 is because their guys are bonus points machines. It is going to take the others to step up, but they are all fringe to high probability AA. It can be done!

I'm counting on McD pinning his way through the tourney.:D

Not to be a downer, but PSU probably expects more from Wade and Wright than they got this weekend too.

It's gonna be tough, but crazy things can happen in the NCAAs.

I'm counting on McD pinning his way through the tourney.:D

Not to be a downer, but PSU probably expects more from Wade and Wright than they got this weekend too.

It's gonna be tough, but crazy things can happen in the NCAAs.

That would be sweet!

I'm not sure Wade could do better than 3rd as there are some good heavies outside the big ten. I could see Wright winning it again, March seems to be his go time like Jaeger from OSU. If he is on the opposite side of Steinhaus, I can see him making the finals.

Latest posts