Storming,your thoughts for todays game?

Just messin with ya Stormin...you get to any Minnesota HS girls games? My bro-in-law coaches at Blue Earth, he is looking for a return trip to State. Just curious...they live in WInnebago...I go up there all the time.

I don't get to many area prep games, never even been to a girls prep game. If I go to prep games, I usually head to the cities, that's better to watch than down in SE MN.

Rumors are circulating at the press-citizen forum that Fuller and Brommer are going to Long Beach State and it's pretty much a done deal.

Rumors are circulating at the press-citizen forum that Fuller and Brommer are going to Long Beach State and it's pretty much a done deal.

Brommer was recruited and had offer from LBS. Also don't forget that he did commit to Minnesota and Dan Monson, who is now the coach at Long Beach State.

Last edited:

Fuller leaving would 100% mean Lick would be following him out the door, but even at this point if Brommer leaves I want lick's bleep gone.

How is legal contact made with LBS for it to be a done deal? Honest question. I know that players can contact schools but during a season can the schools reciprocate at all or is this all back-channel stuff?

Fuller came out two days ago and said he would be in a Hawkeye uniform next season.

Stormin- You honestly think that a player is going to say he is going to transfer and the end of the season? Who would do that. Tyler Smith and Jake Kelly both announced to the media they were staying at Iowa. We both know that outcome.

Quite frankly I don't see the benefit of Fuller leaving unless of course he is fed up with someone or something. He has had a great season one that he can build on for next year. I don't see him leaving.

Stormin- You honestly think that a player is going to say he is going to transfer and the end of the season? Who would do that. Tyler Smith and Jake Kelly both announced to the media they were staying at Iowa. We both know that outcome.

Quite frankly I don't see the benefit of Fuller leaving unless of course he is fed up with someone or something. He has had a great season one that he can build on for next year. I don't see him leaving.

Tyler Smith did not say he was staying. When he was asked he said he was here right now. Then he was asked about his future and he said again, he was here right now. Everyone knew from that interview, he was gone.

The Kelly interview was different, as well. He has just had talks with the coaching staff after deciding he wanted to leave. They talked and he changed his mind to stay at Iowa. The interview then took place, after he had changed his mind to stay. The season ended and Jake was still confused on what he wanted to do, then he left. And now, he wants to come back to Iowa. The grass isn't always greener.

I think you need to look at every person separately and take the words/situation at face value and the context the questions were asked.

Talking with Aaron, I have no doubt he'll be here next year. If he leaves, it will be because of something that happens between now and the start of next year. He seems to be very much on board.

I really don't think precedence has much leverage in these sort of things.

I don't think Tyler Smith ever said that he was staying. What he said was more along the line of "right now, I'm at Iowa." Kelly did say he was staying, but for whatever reason (everyone has their own opinions) he changed his mind 3 weeks later - but that doesn't mean he was lying about it.

Latest posts