Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 3

You need to rething the titles of your posts. 55% isn't even enough to beat the juice.

Yes it is

Assuming a $10 bet 11 wins would give you $99.99 vs 9 losses totaling $90 for a profit of $9.99

If you were betting ten million dollars on all of Deace's picks you would be very wealthy right now

Yes it is

Assuming a $10 bet 11 wins would give you $99.99 vs 9 losses totaling $90 for a profit of $9.99

If you were betting ten million dollars on all of Deace's picks you would be very wealthy right now

Show me someone with $200,000,000 willing to to bet it all for a profit of 9,000,000.

My biggest problem is taking seriously any football "expert" who believes the term "field general" refers to the coach:

"Speaking of Kelly, he was bypassed for the Michigan State job, and is coaching in his home state as the Notre Dame field general for the first time so you can expect him to have his team prepared."

Last edited:
I made my living betting on sports for 2 years.

Going 11-9 and sticking your neck out there with 20 plays .... 10 or 12 per week....... is very hard to do. 11-9 is nothing to sneeze at. Very well played.
Anyone that does not understand that just does not understand sports betting.

11-9 in the first couple weeks is even better. Once the season settles in, it will be clearer what lines to take advantage of. The first couple weeks of a season were always dicey for me.

Clearly if you were betting for profit with actual money you would not make this many plays in a week. Easier to make more plays in college football ...or college athletics for that matter.....since there are so many teams.
But I bet if Deace limited it to his best 3 plays every week his percentage would be right there with or even better than professional handicappers.

Thats why I like his BEST BET play.

I like some of his comments on line movements....... and his comments on the Georgia and kansas games.

You can tell he knows what he is doing.

I made my money on NBA and MLB.......... in 2 years was not profitable in NFL or college football...... wasn't my thing.

Just wanted to chime in. Deace knows his stuff.

In Vegas do you always have to bet against the spread or can you just pick a winner?

There is also a MONEY LINE.

In baseball, which is where I was the most profitable, Money Lines are what you bet on and not point spreads.

In football for instance- instead of betting the point spread......you can pick a team to win straightup but you would be then betting on the money line. A team that is favored by -6 or -7...... the money line would probably be -270 to -300..... somewhere in there.
Which means you would have to bet $270 to win $100. Or if the moneyline was -300...... you would bet $300 to win $100.

You can see how that is not worth it.

Betting moneylines for a team to win straight up is going to lead to some financial difficulties.

So the answer is no, you do not have to only bet the point spread..... however, it also is not just as simple as saying you think Alabama is going to beat Duke this weekend either.

Given that example if you pick the underdog to win a $100 bet would win $300?

Moneylines dont mirror eachother. A favorite might be -300 but the dog might only be +270 or so. But your logic is still right. You would bet $100 to win $270 if they were plus 270

Here we go, going off of the current Thurs morning lines.

Iowa -1.5 over Arizona
Hate betting on Iowa but just don't see this game this close.

Cal -3 over Nevada

Illinois -7 over No. Illinois

Nebraska -3 over Washington

Baylor +21.5 over TCU

Indiana -12.5 over Western Kentucky

Texas -3 over Texas Tech

Houston -3 over UCLA

Arkansas +2.5 over Georgia

USC -12 over Minnesota

So there's my 10.

Welp. 0 for 1

picking minny over USC is about as laughable as kansas over Georgia Tech, wait......

moron. This will be minny's super bowl, last week it was evident that they were looking forward, hell i think it is safe to say they have been preparing for this game since they lost to ISU. for a change try thinking outside the box, rather than taking the linear aproach that most do.

I'm the moron huh......No amount of practice by Minny was going to make up for the lack of athletes they have compared to USC, couple that with all that happened around the Minny program this week and you have disaster waiting to happen. My prediction of a blowout was correct. USC gave up a TD with 11 seconds remaining to make the score closer than it really was.

I was also correct in my prediction that NU would blow out UW. It went down just as I suggested it would only the final score was worse than I expected.

I did miss on the Iowa score. 2 outta 3 aint bad.

I would like to here Steve's thoughts on NU now. I was planning on calling his show after the rout, but he dissappointed me severly by leaving his show two days before I had a chance to call in......Let me guess on the response, Jake Locker isnt a good QB now and NU's defense had nothing to do with his debacle.

I'm the moron huh......No amount of practice by Minny was going to make up for the lack of athletes they have compared to USC, couple that with all that happened around the Minny program this week and you have disaster waiting to happen. My prediction of a blowout was correct. USC gave up a TD with 11 seconds remaining to make the score closer than it really was.

I was also correct in my prediction that NU would blow out UW. It went down just as I suggested it would only the final score was worse than I expected.

I did miss on the Iowa score. 2 outta 3 aint bad.

I would like to here Steve's thoughts on NU now. I was planning on calling his show after the rout, but he dissappointed me severly by leaving his show two days before I had a chance to call in......Let me guess on the response, Jake Locker isnt a good QB now and NU's defense had nothing to do with his debacle.

Minnesota covered the spread....in this thread that makes your prediction a LOSS

I agree, let's see some picks from other people now since they think Steve's 11-9 record sucks and they could do better.

Here we go, going off of the current Thurs morning lines.

Iowa -1.5 over Arizona
Hate betting on Iowa but just don't see this game this close.

Cal -3 over Nevada

Illinois -7 over No. Illinois

Nebraska -3 over Washington

Baylor +21.5 over TCU

Indiana -12.5 over Western Kentucky

Texas -3 over Texas Tech

Houston -3 over UCLA

Arkansas +2.5 over Georgia

USC -12 over Minnesota

So there's my 10.

Bold is the losses, so you went 4-6, but yet were giving someone crap about going 11-9 over 2 weeks. How does that foot taste you put in your mouth?

And before you come back about me picking, I never said I could do better, in fact I don't think I could because I don't do near as much research as Deace.

Bold is the losses, so you went 4-6, but yet were giving someone crap about going 11-9 over 2 weeks. How does that foot taste you put in your mouth?

And before you come back about me picking, I never said I could do better, in fact I don't think I could because I don't do near as much research as Deace.

Deace went 4-8 this week...

He did do better, by two games.

Not by much because he picked 2 less games, Deacer's winning % was .333 and his was .400 but again not my point as this isn't about going head to head. For the last time I will try to explain it, people made it seem like it was pretty easy to go over .500 and Deace was a little above .500 yet when others did it they found themselves with about the same record as Deace. In other words if he would have went to Vegas and laid equal money on his games instead of what Deace picked he still would have lost.

Basically the moral of the story is don't give a guy **** about his picks when you can't pick much (if any) better.

1.NCST (-2.5) over Cincy

2.ISU (+3.5) over KSU

3.Hawaii (+10.5) over Colorado

4.AFA (+16.5) over OU

5.Tenn (+14) over Florida

6.NW (-7.5) over Rice

7.CMU (-9.5) over EMU

8.Wyoming (+24.5) over Boise

9.Stanford (-17) over Wake

10.Fresno (-6) over Utah State

6-3-1 not too bad, barely beating the juice.

i initially put 5-3-1- which adds up to 9 games, i left off my NCST winning pick

Last edited:

Latest posts