Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 3

Minnesota covered on a long TD pass with 11 seconds left. Man, that is why I never bet on sports... until this past weekend... Ouch...

what games?

I bet USC and Nebraska covering and Tenn (+13) in a 3 gm parlay on Saturday. (As mentioned, MN covered. TN lost by 14. I "won" the Neb game)

Then Sunday I bet straight up 6 game-parlay w/ no spreads. Had Chargers, Colts, Texans, Packers, Cowboys and Patriots all winning straight up. In hindsight, I was never really close to winning that one after the Pats and Cowboys pisssed it down their leg.

if you like big parlay's try a few teasers is about the only advise i can give you. not bad picks, those backdoor covers by minny and florida were killers for you. this week has some weird lines.... here are a few:

Miami @ Pitt (+5)
-I would have guessed Pitt as favorites at Home(-4). or at least a pick'em, because the 'Canes are 3-13 against the spread coming off of a bye week. and 2-5 against the spread coming off a straight up loss. Pitt is very strong at home as most Hawk fans remember, going 7-3 against the spread in it's last 10 at Home.
Prediction: Pitt 21 Miami 16

Army @ Duke (-6.5)
-I had Army pegged as a small favorite. Duke is 15-35-1 against the spread in its Last 51 Home games, and are giving up 47.5 ppg. Army will keep this game close and will win by a small margin.
Prediction: Army 17 Duke 14

Stanford @ Notre Dame (+6)
-Stanford has averaged 51.7 ppg while Notre Dame could only muster 24 & 23 against the porous defenses of Michigan and Purdue. I figured Stanford a 2 TD favorite. Stanford has covered the spread by an average of 22.5 EXTRA points. Stanford is just better in all facets.
Prediction: Stanford 34 Notre Dame 20

Oklahoma @ Cincinnati (+17.5)
-Oklahoma is much more powerful and seasoned, and should cover easily. Oklahoma has seen similar offenses before from teams in a pass happy league; like Texas Tech & Missouri. And it helps when Cincinnati is 0-8 against the spread in their last 8 games.
Prediction: Oklahoma 41 Cincinnati 17

Georgia @ Mississippi State (pk)
-Huh? Georgia wins by a TD or more, easily. Georgia has had just about as bad of luck as the Hawks this year: against South Carolina,Georgia fumbles in the red zone instead of a go-ahead score on the road; and last week They tie the game (much like we did) but give up a TD with under a minute remaining in the game to Arkansas. SC and Arkansas are both top 15 teams. Mississippi State played an overated Auburn to a close game, Georgia holds off a Late Mississippi State rally and wins.
Prediction: Georgia 24 Mississippi State 17

Memphis @ UTEP (-10.5)
-UTEP will win by 14+. Memphis is only 1-8 against the spread in their last 9 road games. Memphis has allowed a whopping 38+ ppg and Vittatoe will put up big numbers against their D.
Prediction: UTEP 33 Memphis 13

Latest posts