Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 3

I love how everyone bags on Deace for only being 11-9. For those of you doing that please start a weekly thread like this and lets see how you do. Deace is ahead gambling wise and anytime you can do that on a week to week basis its a good thing

This is the right answer. Try to pick 10 games against the spread some Saturday and see how you do. Anything above .500 is good and if you can do it consistently, you should move to Vegas.

Two kinds of people make money in gambling. One is the guy that takes the bets and the other is the guy that can convince people to buy his picks.

I so think gamblers take unimportant stats and imply them to football games. No players and no coaches were involved in this game since like 1998?? So when you truly boil it down it has nothing to do with Iowa players or Coaches who had any influence on these games. But it boils down to players who chose to go Iowa, players who chose to go Arizona. Iowa players have a losing a record. Some chose to play for iowa and some chose to play for Arizona. Maybe some chose to watch ben and jerry and some chose to watch bugs bunny. I think it seems just as intelligent to chose the bug bunny choices as it is to chose someone who went to Arizona. What's the difference. You can get information from all players and however you divide the information the answer will never come up 50-50. So it seems to me predicting the outcome on their cartoon preference is just as good as their college preference right???

I so think gamblers take unimportant stats and imply them to football games. No players and no coaches were involved in this game since like 1998?? So when you truly boil it down it has nothing to do with Iowa players or Coaches who had any influence on these games. But it boils down to players who chose to go Iowa, players who chose to go Arizona. Iowa players have a losing a record. Some chose to play for iowa and some chose to play for Arizona. Maybe some chose to watch ben and jerry and some chose to watch bugs bunny. I think it seems just as intelligent to chose the bug bunny choices as it is to chose someone who went to Arizona. What's the difference. You can get information from all players and however you divide the information the answer will never come up 50-50. So it seems to me predicting the outcome on their cartoon preference is just as good as their college preference right???

You lost me

I think its too early for me to follow this logic

Huh?!?!?!

I love how everyone bags on Deace for only being 11-9. For those of you doing that please start a weekly thread like this and lets see how you do. Deace is ahead gambling wise and anytime you can do that on a week to week basis its a good thing

I agree, let's see some picks from other people now since they think Steve's 11-9 record sucks and they could do better.

Ever since I found "that book", I've picked every game right for the last few years. That's how I've become a millionaire.

Signed,

Biff_1985.JPG

I agree, let's see some picks from other people now since they think Steve's 11-9 record sucks and they could do better.

Here we go, going off of the current Thurs morning lines.

Iowa -1.5 over Arizona
Hate betting on Iowa but just don't see this game this close.

Cal -3 over Nevada

Illinois -7 over No. Illinois

Nebraska -3 over Washington

Baylor +21.5 over TCU

Indiana -12.5 over Western Kentucky

Texas -3 over Texas Tech

Houston -3 over UCLA

Arkansas +2.5 over Georgia

USC -12 over Minnesota

So there's my 10.

Last edited:
I think Deace picked Arizona just to kick up a hornets nest here on the board. He kept the score close so if the hawks do win he can say that he thought it would be a close game and that the Hawks had a chance.

It's the same tricks politicians use. I wonder if Deace has any opinions on politics?

As I stated in this thread last week, I'm glad he posts them and I hope he continues. Picking games at over a 50% clip is not easy. Steve has nothing to gain by posting these. He only opens himself up to ridicule if they fail. I'd suggest anyone that thinks its easy to start posting 10 games each week in this thread and put your name behind it.

Steve picking Minny over USC is laughable. Minny just LOST to USD, they are not a good football team. Also Kevin Cosgrove their D coordinator just found out his son who is a WR on the Minny team has Lukemia. Not a good week for Minny and it isnt going to get any better this weekend agianst USC. USC 38 MINNY 17

I find it hard to believe that NU, Iowa, and USC will all lose to dogs straight up. Iowa's D will lock down Zona and likely copy what NU did to them in the bowl game last year. Foles is a statue and with Iowa's Dline he will be on his back early and often. IOWA 34 ZONA 21

NU's D will also be on lock down and the offense will just pound away with the run game agianst an inferior D-Line and D as a whole. Dont look for NU to put the RS QB Martinez in many situations for him to make mistakes. UW has also shuffled their offensive line around this week due to injury starting a freshman at left guard......good luck agianst Crick. NU 38 UW 17

Steve picking Minny over USC is laughable. Minny just LOST to USD, they are not a good football team. Also Kevin Cosgrove their D coordinator just found out his son who is a WR on the Minny team has Lukemia. Not a good week for Minny and it isnt going to get any better this weekend agianst USC. USC 38 MINNY 17

I find it hard to believe that NU, Iowa, and USC will all lose to dogs straight up. Iowa's D will lock down Zona and likely copy what NU did to them in the bowl game last year. Foles is a statue and with Iowa's Dline he will be on his back early and often. IOWA 34 ZONA 21

NU's D will also be on lock down and the offense will just pound away with the run game agianst an inferior D-Line and D as a whole. Dont look for NU to put the RS QB Martinez in many situations for him to make mistakes. UW has also shuffled their offensive line around this week due to injury starting a freshman at left guard......good luck agianst Crick. NU 38 UW 17

It gives me chills to say this ;) but I think you're right, and agree with you about NU.

Washington is a lower tier team in a weak conference. I'll be more interested in seeing how many points the defense gives up as opposed to how may the offense scores. However I think the final score will be more along the lines of 28 -10 NU.

picking minny over USC is about as laughable as kansas over Georgia Tech, wait......

moron. This will be minny's super bowl, last week it was evident that they were looking forward, hell i think it is safe to say they have been preparing for this game since they lost to ISU. for a change try thinking outside the box, rather than taking the linear aproach that most do.

1.NCST (-2.5) over Cincy

2.ISU (+3.5) over KSU

3.Hawaii (+10.5) over Colorado

4.AFA (+16.5) over OU

5.Tenn (+14) over Florida - push

6.NW (-7.5) over Rice

7.CMU (-9.5) over EMU

8.Wyoming (+24.5) over Boise

9.Stanford (-17) over Wake

10.Fresno (-6) over Utah State

6-3-1 not bad (bold were wins)

Last edited:
What the heck are you trying to say here Whits?

On a side note...I have never watched Ben and Jerry(although they make awesome ice cream). I prefer Tom and Jerry....over Bugs Bunny.

I'm wondering why it assumed that Arizona is going to light up the scoreboard. I'm obviously a homer, but I can't see AZ scoring 24 points unless Iowa makes some mistakes.

24 points isnt that many and can happen a million different ways. Especially considering our kickoff coverage last week! Mistakes tend to happen on the road and all it takes is a couple turnovers in your own territory to give up some cheap points. I dont think they will get to 24 but I wouldnt consider it out of the question.

I think they get to 16

You need to rething the titles of your posts. 55% isn't even enough to beat the juice.

Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks....

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Latest posts