Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh. This is about following the 'code' of more widely recognizes gambling 'ethics'. Makes sense

That's what you are taking from the practice of taking a tie and treating it as a win? That it's some obscure 'code' of gambling 'ethics'? You would ignore ANY poster who ripped anyone other than Steve for using the same practice.

I also find it humorous that you pretend to look down your nose at gambling, to the point where you have to put 'ethics' in quotation marks. If it's that unseemly and unbecoming for your site, why do you even allow him to post his gambling picks? Seems more than a little hypocritical ...

That's what you are taking from the practice of taking a tie and treating it as a win? That it's some obscure 'code' of gambling 'ethics'? You would ignore ANY poster who ripped anyone other than Steve for using the same practice.

I also find it humorous that you pretend to look down your nose at gambling, to the point where you have to put 'ethics' in quotation marks. If it's that unseemly and unbecoming for your site, why do you even allow him to post his gambling picks? Seems more than a little hypocritical ...

I don't have a problem with people gambling, drinking, whatever as long as the activities don't bring harm to innocent people. Live it up.

Steve and I make our picks more as a competitive thing against one another...neither of us happens to gamble. I am not looking down my nose at anyone, but find irony in being talked to about some code of conduct as it relates to gambling on college football games, most of which is done illegally.

I don't have a problem with people gambling, drinking, whatever as long as the activities don't bring harm to innocent people. Live it up.

Steve and I make our picks more as a competitive thing against one another...neither of us happens to gamble. I am not looking down my nose at anyone, but find irony in being talked to about some code of conduct as it relates to gambling on college football games, most of which is done illegally.

Even in a "for fun" atmosphere, you don't find it odd the practice of taking a tie (not a subjective argument, but a black-and-white tie), and calling it a win for the sake of inflating someone's record picking games and boosting their ego?

Then when someone calls out a poster (no matter who it is) for figuring a record that way, they are the bad guy.

Steve and I make our picks more as a competitive thing against one another...neither of us happens to gamble.

After the weekly p*ssing contest this thread turned into last season I'm surprised you let Deace do it again this year, and yes I agree Deace should have corrected his W/L total last year when he was called out on it.

Even in a "for fun" atmosphere, you don't find it odd the practice of taking a tie (not a subjective argument, but a black-and-white tie), and calling it a win for the sake of inflating someone's record picking games and boosting their ego?

Then when someone calls out a poster (no matter who it is) for figuring a record that way, they are the bad guy.

No, I don't really care about it. It's a game we are playing against each other. Each of us is playing by the same rules. We aren't claiming to be experts..its for fun an entertainment. If you don't like the clearly defined rules he has set forth, that's OK. Just take a pass. It's not worth the arguments we are having

That's what you are taking from the practice of taking a tie and treating it as a win? That it's some obscure 'code' of gambling 'ethics'? You would ignore ANY poster who ripped anyone other than Steve for using the same practice.I also find it humorous that you pretend to look down your nose at gambling, to the point where you have to put 'ethics' in quotation marks. If it's that unseemly and unbecoming for your site, why do you even allow him to post his gambling picks? Seems more than a little hypocritical ...
I don't have a problem with people gambling, drinking, whatever as long as the activities don't bring harm to innocent people. Live it up.Steve and I make our picks more as a competitive thing against one another...neither of us happens to gamble. I am not looking down my nose at anyone, but find irony in being talked to about some code of conduct as it relates to gambling on college football games, most of which is done illegally.

If this is just a competitive thing between you two perhaps it should be done via private email. Posting something on a public website tends to open it up to public scrutiny.

If this is just a competitive thing between you two perhaps it should be done via private email. Posting something on a public website tends to open it up to public scrutiny.

Maybe you could just quit being a Dbag, and let the people that want to read the thread enjoy it......:rolleyes: Oh what, what am I say....keep being a dbag, you've only obsessed about Deace for how many years now? :eek:

I don't get you, Duff. You love you some GameDayRon, but you can't stand Deace.
That is amazingly incongruous.

Include me in the mob of pitchforks and torches who think its ridiculous that Deace invents his own rules and can't stand the heat. If you don't like our criticism of his methodology, don't click on this thread.

Code of conduct? Not really, just the following of simple, basic rules like any game or competition has.

The irony is you defending someone that doesn't follow the rules of a particular game that everyone else follows.

This thread is awesome

I'll take Baylor plus 24 tonight...its a lock

Nice tip. I had Wisconsin +21 last night. Was worried for awhile, but that's a good win for my first bet of the season.

So I'm now 5-0 for the season. I consider each of my wins to be worth 5, and all of my losses to be worth zero ...

Nice tip. I had Wisconsin +21 last night. Was worried for awhile, but that's a good win for my first bet of the season.

So I'm now 5-0 for the season. I consider each of my wins to be worth 5, and all of my losses to be worth zero ...

Solid work on the Wisky bet. I also dont pay any juice and found a nice enough bookie that lets me count ties as "double winners"

Another tip - I like the Hawks -20 tomorrow

Deace's self-indulgent "rules" reminds me of when Timmay Brew-Crew arrived at Minny and posted his "record", taking credit for wins...when he was an assistant coach. :eek: :confused:

don't happen often, but +1 for you.

the thing about Deace is he comes across as holier-than-thou.

he's right on everything. and then can't take the heat when people call him on stuff, like this, for example.

don't happen often, but +1 for you.

the thing about Deace is he comes across as holier-than-thou.

he's right on everything. and then can't take the heat when people call him on stuff, like this, for example.

Deace = the recently vaporized Mesaclone?
:D

Include me in the mob of pitchforks and torches who think its ridiculous that Deace invents his own rules and can't stand the heat. If you don't like our criticism of his methodology, don't click on this thread.

Start a separate thread to b!tch about it, and I will gladly NOT CLICK ON IT.....as it is I can't avoid you right now......;)

Or if you don't like how Deace does his picks then don't click on this thread that he started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts