Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual suspects are out I see. If you don't like his picks, don't like him, just pass this post by. It;s not like you can't see what the title is and don't know who posts.

We'll get this out of the way this week, but after that, personal shots at Steve will be treated like when I see other posters taking personal shots at one another; they will be removed.

Here we go again.

DUFF, I tried to head it off for you earlier before you got on a roll.

The usual suspects are out I see. If you don't like his picks, don't like him, just pass this post by. It;s not like you can't see what the title is and don't know who posts.

We'll get this out of the way this week, but after that, personal shots at Steve will be treated like when I see other posters taking personal shots at one another; they will be removed.

Here is my lead pipe lock of the week:

O/U is 3 days until Duffman is banned:

Take the under.

Just people calling it as they see it Jon.

I don't even know why it ticks me off, it just boggles my mind that he makes up his own rules to a game that many of us play.

It is like some dude posting every week about how he hit 5 three point baskets in a game, yet that 3 point line is 2 feet closer than the one all of us play with.

I guess he likes to make up his own rules.

Just people calling it as they see it Jon.

I don't even know why it ticks me off, it just boggles my mind that he makes up his own rules to a game that many of us play.

It is like some dude posting every week about how he hit 5 three point baskets in a game, yet that 3 point line is 2 feet closer than the one all of us play with.

I guess he likes to make up his own rules.

He's stated how he does it. If you don't like the rules he is playing by, then just ignore these posts as useless. It's pretty simple. Those that a) know the rules he is playing by and b) are still flipping out over something so meaningless are c) obsessed (the nicest word I can think of)

It's not like those complaining accidentally click on this post...they sought it out to feed their obsession. I think that's all sorts of weird.

I'm confused. How is it a "personal shot" to call someone who is being dishonest a liar? It's not like I'm out here unprovoked calling him a fatso or something.

While I find his public personality to be completely vile and without any redeeming qualities it's not like I'm incapable from separating those feelings from my feelings toward his football picks, nor am I attacking him for his alleged beliefs.

All Steve has to do (or has ever had to do) to keep me out of his hair is to give an honest account of his WL record. That shouldn’t be too difficult for a man who fears god, tells the truth, and makes money.

Last edited:
eating%2Bpopcorn.gif

I'm confused. How is it a "personal shot" to call someone who is being dishonest a liar? It's not like I'm calling out here unprovoked calling him a fatso or something.

While I find his public personality to be completely vile and without any redeeming qualities it's not like I'm incapable from separating those feelings from my feelings toward his football picks, nor am I attacking him for his alleged beliefs.

All Steve has to do (or has ever had to do) to keep me out of his hair is to give an honest account of his WL record. That shouldn’t be too difficult for a man who fears god, tells the truth, and makes money.

:)

He's stated how he does it. If you don't like the rules he is playing by, then just ignore these posts as useless. It's pretty simple. Those that a) know the rules he is playing by and b) are still flipping out over something so meaningless are c) obsessed (the nicest word I can think of)

It's not like those complaining accidentally click on this post...they sought it out to feed their obsession. I think that's all sorts of weird.

Nope, just checking to see if Steve was going to be honest and play by the correct betting rules this year. I guess I was wrong.

Why you have to defend him is beyond me.

If anyone else on this board tried pulling this bs, I'd have a hard time believing you would be so quick to their defense.

He changed the rules of a game many of us play and is reporting on his "success."

To each their own.

Last edited:
Nope, just checking to see if Steve was going to be honest and play by the correct betting rules this year. I guess I was wrong.

If anyone else on this board tried pulling this bs, I'd have a hard time believing you would be so quick to their defense.

To each their own.

This...

As a bettor who finds this a joke (especially the way Deace makes his picks with old lines after they have fluctuated) I guess the only thing to do is take Jon's advice and ignore this stupid thread for the next 13-14 weeks...

He changed the rules of a game many of us play and is reporting on his "success."

To each their own.

+1.

Jon, not that you care, but you are overreacting on this one. I could go through 100's of threads and find things 1000x's worse than this as "personal shots."

Pretty petty to be sticking up for someone just cause he's your "boy." Unless of course he came crying for your defense....

May as well just start making up the lines and count the losses as wins too. Makes about as much sense as the initial explanation.

I enjoy his picks and he is usually pretty knowledgeable with his college football. I'm just not going to pay attention to the W L column.

Deace's self-indulgent "rules" reminds me of when Timmay Brew-Crew arrived at Minny and posted his "record", taking credit for wins...when he was an assistant coach. :eek: :confused:

Ahh. This is about following the 'code' of more widely recognizes gambling 'ethics'. Makes sense

I think it's more about a guy who uses a flawed system all year last year which obviously was debated heavily by some posters. So knowing full well the reactions this guy gets, he comes back and does it all over again. Obviously ppl are going to call him out on it. (Myself not included til you had to throw out your I've got your back Deace post)

Jon. I love your coverage of the Hawks and I love this site. I'm not picking a fight. You are missing the point here and just cause you don't gamble doesn't mean you have to make fun.

You like video games, I don't make fun of you for that. Deace is cheating himself is all i'm saying. It's like me playing Call of Duty with a cheat book and then posting my records of how great I am.

I think it's more about a guy who uses a flawed system all year last year which obviously was debated heavily by some posters. So knowing full well the reactions this guy gets, he comes back and does it all over again. Obviously ppl are going to call him out on it. (Myself not included til you had to throw out your I've got your back Deace post)

Jon. I love your coverage of the Hawks and I love this site. I'm not picking a fight. You are missing the point here and just cause you don't gamble doesn't mean you have to make fun.

You like video games, I don't make fun of you for that. Deace is cheating himself is all i'm saying. It's like me playing Call of Duty with a cheat book and then posting my records of how great I am.

Fair enough

Above and beyond the "Deace rules" is the fact he "miscalculated" his record in several weeks and never went back to correct it, even when called on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts