Stokes gets UCONN offer

This is really impressive for Stokes. I lived in Connecticut when Gino got the UCONN job, and came to really enjoy watching women's BB. UCONN is a monster program now, even Pat Summit is trying to keep up with the Huskies the last few years.

Blast me if you want, but I have followed Bluders Bunch more closely than the men this winter. Lisa has some outstanding talent in the program at this time with another nice class coming in. They just need experience and need to stay healthy.

I would be sweet if Stokes stays home, but it may be very hard to say no to UCONN. That is like Harrison Barnes saying no to Roy and playing for Mac.

This is really impressive for Stokes. I lived in Connecticut when Gino got the UCONN job, and came to really enjoy watching women's BB. UCONN is a monster program now, even Pat Summit is trying to keep up with the Huskies the last few years.

It's a cycle. UCONN is the monster program and then in two years it will be Tennessee again. Remember Tennessee won back to back in 07 and 08. UCONN is now going to win back to back

U Conn is 20 points better than the good teams right now. They are the closest thing to UCLA under Wooden back in the day.

Blast me if you want, but I have followed Bluders Bunch more closely than the men this winter. Lisa has some outstanding talent in the program at this time with another nice class coming in. They just need experience and need to stay healthy.

I would be sweet if Stokes stays home, but it may be very hard to say no to UCONN. That is like Harrison Barnes saying no to Roy and playing for Mac.

Actually, no, it is not.

Kiah's father is a former Hawkeye.

Harrison Barnes' father was not a former Cyclone.

Kiah is best friends with one current Hawk (Printy) and one future Hawk (Jade Rogers).

So, there is a pretty big difference here.

Actually, no, it is not.

Kiah's father is a former Hawkeye.

Harrison Barnes' father was not a former Cyclone.

Kiah is best friends with one current Hawk (Printy) and one future Hawk (Jade Rogers).

So, there is a pretty big difference here.

Actually Harrison's father is Ronnie Harris who played for the Cyclones in the early 80's.

Also Harrison is pretty good friends with Brackins and the rest of the team as he has worked out with them the last 3 years.

So, there really isn't a big difference here.

Actually Harrison's father is Ronnie Harris who played for the Cyclones in the early 80's.

Also Harrison is pretty good friends with Brackins and the rest of the team as he has worked out with them the last 3 years.

So, there really isn't a big difference here.

And didn't (does) harrison's mom work for Ames University?

Hope she stays.

Bluder should have a very good team the next couple of years. #3 seed with a very young team. All kinds of injuries. Pretty amazing season.

Are young teams supposed to be #3 seeds in the Big10?

The Harrison comparison is actually very fair. Not mentioned is that he is close with Doug McDermott (the 2nd best player in the state and his teammate), whose dad happens to be the ISU coach...

Kia has been involved in the AAu circut most all of her life starting out with the CR Panthers (If memory serves me correctly) so, like most other D1 recruits, she has friends and former team mates all over the place including ISU and other B10 schools.

I'm sure both Iowa and U Conn are or have been strongly considered. Let's just wait and see and wish her well wherever she decides.

Hope she stays.

Bluder should have a very good team the next couple of years. #3 seed with a very young team. All kinds of injuries. Pretty amazing season.

Are young teams supposed to be #3 seeds in the Big10?

The Big 10 was down this year. That said, Iowa had a GREAT season considering the circumstances. I'm not a Bluder fan either but props are warranted.

Lisa Bluder was Big Ten Coach of the Year, again.

Lisa Bluder and Kiah Stokes have known each other almost Kiah's entire life.

Jamie Printy has played alot of Hoops with Kiah.

Greg Stokes was a great Hawkeye hoops player.

Kiah attended a few games, at Carver, this year, as the Iowa women tore thru their 10 out of 12 wins.

For these reasons, I thing there's a very strong chance that Kiah becomes an Iowa Hawkeye.

I hope she does come to iowa, Jade Rogers and Kia Stokes would be a great class for Iowa. Daughter and Step Daughter of 2 great former Hawks.

Latest posts