Still wondering if Woody is a future lottery pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeller struggled to score against Woodbury when he didn't get the ball in transition or off of a rebound. He was completely manhandled by Mbakwe the other night, he has absolutely no jumper whatsoever (he shot less than 10 jump shots all of last season). He's a poor rebounder for a guy his size. He will not be able to do anything offensively against any decent NBA big, if you would take him over 70% of the guys in the NBA you are clueless.

I didn't see him struggling to score on Woodbury at all. And I will say this, in three years Adam Woodbury may or may not be in the NBA but it will not be because of an inability to defend on that level.

The reffs allowed Mbakwe to get away with allot that night and that game is hardly characteristic of the way Zeller usually plays against top competition. Take for instance his games against Anthony Davis as a freshman, Zeller more than held his own.

You have to realize a large chunk of that 70 is bench guys that rarely play.

Zeller is so mobile that it overshadows any of the weaknesses you brought up. He fits in perfectly with what NBA teams want to do now.

Howard, Vaerjo, Gortat, Asik, Bogut, Chandler, Ibaka, Nene, Kaman....there you go.

You thought Basbabe could go pro after his junior year despite being undersized and having no real offensive game at the time, you're NBA knowledge speaks for itself.

Is this a joke?

If you are honestly saying you would take Vaerjo, gortat Asik or Bogut over Zeller right now if given the chance to acquire one or the other for your team thats just asinine.

Personaly, I would only take Howard, Ibaka maybe Nene and Chandler.

I didn't see him struggling to score on Woodbury at all. And I will say this, in three years Adam Woodbury may or may not be in the NBA but it will not be because of an inability to defend on that level.

The reffs allowed Mbakwe to get away with allot that night and that game is hardly characteristic of the way Zeller usually plays against top competition. Take for instance his games against Anthony Davis as a freshman, Zeller more than held his own.

You have to realize a large chunk of that 70 is bench guys that rarely play.

Zeller is so mobile that it overshadows any of the weaknesses you brought up. He fits in perfectly with what NBA teams want to do now.

The first three possessions of the game he got the ball against Woody in the post and failed to convert, Woody more than held his own against him when Zeller wasn't getting good looks from running in transition or dribble penetration. His lack of any real post up game and no real jump shot doesn't bode well for much NBA success, but it's pointless debating this now as we'll be able to find out how successful he is next year.

Howard, Vaerjo, Gortat, Asik, Bogut, Chandler, Ibaka, Nene, Kaman....there you go.

You thought Basbabe could go pro after his junior year despite being undersized and having no real offensive game at the time, you're NBA knowledge speaks for itself.

Thats a list full of Derp right there. I'd take Howard, Varejao, and Bogut ahead of Zeller, but that's about it. He's as good or better than any of the centers you've listed and he's got way more upside than any of them.

Is this a joke?

If you are honestly saying you would take Vaerjo, gortat Asik or Bogut over Zeller right now if given the chance to acquire one or the other for your team thats just asinine.

Wow you really don't watch the NBA do you? Varejo and Asik are elite defenders and rebounders, both are two of the best in the game against pick and roll defense, Bogut is just a little behind. See below on Asik, he single handedly turns them from one of the worst defensive teams in the league to an above average unit regardless of who else is on the floor. Do you really think Zeller will come close to having this kind of impact on either end of the floor?

Houston is 22nd in points allowed per possession, though they rate slightly better than average when Asik is on the floor; they collapse into a Kings-level sieve when he sits.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8989580/is-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-plan-working-houston

Is this a joke?

I like Varejoa as he's an effort guy, he puts up great production, for a bad team though. I might take Bogut just for his skill set, though he's quickly approaching do or die time, and right now he's dying.

Thats a list full of Derp right there. I'd take Howard, Varejao, and Bogut ahead of Zeller, but that's about it. He's as good or better than any of the centers you've listed and he's got way more upside than any of them.

Haha ok, we'll see next year.

Wow you really don't watch the NBA do you? Varejo and Asik are elite defenders and rebounders, both are two of the best in the game against pick and roll defense, Bogut is just a little behind. See below on Asik, he single handedly turns them from one of the worst defensive teams in the league to an above average unit regardless of who else is on the floor. Do you really think Zeller will come close to having this kind of impact on either end of the floor?

Houston is 22nd in points allowed per possession, though they rate slightly better than average when Asik is on the floor; they collapse into a Kings-level sieve when he sits.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8989580/is-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-plan-working-houston

You are full of ****.

I didn't even see that you wouldn't take Ibaka over Zeller, haha, you really should stop trying to act like you know anything about the NBA.

Asik is good on D but he might be the worst offensive player in the league.

Zellers strength is obviously not going to be defense but he has the potential to be much better than either of those two overall. Did you see him isolate at the top of the 3 point line last night and take it off the dribble? That was ridiculous for someone 7ft.

You can teach defense and you can certainly teach a guy who shoot freethrows at %75 to shoot jump shots from that range , you can't teach his size and athletic combo.

Asik is good on D but he might be the worst offensive player in the league.

Zellers strength is obviously not going to be defense but he has the potential to be much better than either of those two overall. Did you see him isolate at the top of the 3 point line last night and take it off the dribble? That was ridiculous for someone 7ft.

You can teach defense and you can certainly teach a guy who shoot freethrows at %75 to shoot jump shots from that range , you can't teach his size and athletic combo.

You do realize the league are full of guys with wingspans of a 747 jet you think Zeller will be able to turn the corner that easy in the NBA, you are kiddin yourself.

You do realize the league are full of guys with wingspans of a 747 jet you think Zeller will be able to turn the corner that easy in the NBA, you are kiddin yourself.

**** Zeller will be running iso's on the wing all day! Just throw it to him on the wing and get out of the way!!

This is like Clone fans who thought Royce could be a point forward in the NBA from day one, instead he's racking up more TO's than points in the D-league.

What stats? No syltats alive will show Asisk is better. I like ibakwe, hes a step above athletiislly. Not as skillsd on offense tbough.

And yes, stats show Asik is an elite defender and rebounder, I don't think Zeller will be close to elite on either end of the floor.

And yes, stats show Asik is an elite defender and rebounder, I don't think Zeller will be close to elite on either end of the floor.

LOL. He's averaging 11 boards, half a steal, and one block in his third year in the league. That's so 1337. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts