Steve Forbes

22727d1287876904-al-khalid-tank-necro-4.jpg

Well now we know who the 3rd major player was, Northwest Florida State College. Doesn't get anymore big time than that.

I apologize Dexter, you were right all along.

LOL

After going 62-6 the last 2 seasons and 2 national title game appearances Steve Forbes is back in DI as an assistant at Wichita State. Wichita State gives Steve Forbes the second chance he deserves - CBSSports.com

Mods, you can delete this if it's too old to bring back from the dead and not appropriate for this forum anymore. I was just trying to 1 up HawkeyeMike. :D

After going 62-6 the last 2 seasons and 2 national title game appearances Steve Forbes is back in DI as an assistant at Wichita State. Wichita State gives Steve Forbes the second chance he deserves - CBSSports.com

Mods, you can delete this if it's too old to bring back from the dead and not appropriate for this forum anymore. I was just trying to 1 up HawkeyeMike. :D

good find. dude is a great recruiter, and he'll eventually end up in a really good gig, even if it's not as a head coach.

I was so solidly on the Steve Forbes bandwagon during the coaching search that I even changed my avatar to a picture of his face. It was a bromance of the level that most men only experience in prison. The Hawks are quite fortunate that my sports-related opinions are mostly confined to this forum, where everyone agrees that I'm pretty much an idiot.

I was so solidly on the Steve Forbes bandwagon during the coaching search that I even changed my avatar to a picture of his face. It was a bromance of the level that most men only experience in prison. The Hawks are quite fortunate that my sports-related opinions are mostly confined to this forum, where everyone agrees that I'm pretty much an idiot.

In all fairness to you, it looks like the only thing Forbes did was lie for his boss. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach, and I still think he'll be an excellent recruiter. That said, I'm glad we have Fran instead of my first choice too.

I think I was probably on that band wagon as well. I think Forbes will be a good coach and recruiter, given time and an opportunity. But I'm more than happy with the choice that was made.

GO HAWKS!!!

Bringing back an oldie for those who were interested at the time.

Steve Forbes was hired as head coach at East Tennessee State Univ. on Monday, his first Division I head coaching gig.

It's pretty impressive to look back at where his career was when all of the Tennessee stuff went down to where he is now. Was nearly out of basketball forever, instead went to a Florida JUCO and made it to 2 national championship games in 2 seasons, then 2 successful years as an assistant at Wichita State before landing the ETSU job.

http://tricitiessports.com/forbes-hire-no-shocker-for-etsu-fans-p75250-78.htm

In all fairness to you, it looks like the only thing Forbes did was lie for his boss. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach, and I still think he'll be an excellent recruiter. That said, I'm glad we have Fran instead of my first choice too.

Im glad Iowa has Mccaffery too, but I sure wouldnt mind Forbes in one of the seats next to him