Steve Forbes

If you've added anything relevant to this discussion other than by a ******* please let me know.

I think somebody needs to look into the mirror when talking about trolls.

Dex, I have a ton of relevant information to add to this discussion, but I cannot share anything until the information becomes public. But trust me, when it does become public, I can tell you, and it will prove I have inside information.

(This is how this stuff works right?)

Ok, so again why can't you say who the schools are?

Because it's not really public knowledge yet and it's not for me to say.

It's actually no big deal though, The Big XII school is obvious and the IA JUCO is considered one of the better programs in the country. I would think it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots.

How am I "pretending" to have an inside source? Do you think it's at all possible that I know what I'm talking about? I went to almost half of their games this year, got back a few days ago from Charlotte for their first round games and haven't missed any of their NCAA tourney game in 6 yrs. I know Coach Forbes quite well, along with Tony Jones, Jason Shay and their families. If that makes me some sort of insider, so be it. I certainly don't think it makes me cool. If you don't want to read it or hear about it, move along to the next thread. It doesn't matter to me in the least bit.

Like I said earlier, he's going to land at either one of 2 schools. One as an assistant at a Big 12 school. However, not as an assistant at first until the dust settles with the NCAA. Or, he will end up at an IA JUCO.

That's what I know. If you are interested in it read it. If not, run along.

So he will be taking a Director of Basketball Operations position at a Big 12 school then? The top assistants in the country don't go to Juco's either. Look, I think he most likely is a good assistant and good recruiter. TN is not an easy place to attract talent and that staff did a very good job of it. I just grow tired of Forbes "insiders" coming around here the past two summers telling everyone how good he is at his job. I wish him the best.

^ Just ask her how there is a computer in her kitchen Dex, thatll get her

Want to know the funny thing, I am typing all of this in the kitchen today. I am baking 6 dozen cookies for the church Lenten supper tonight, and took a half day.

As for the how...it's a lap top dummy:)

So he will be taking a Director of Basketball Operations position at a Big 12 school then? The top assistants in the country don't go to Juco's either. Look, I think he most likely is a good assistant and good recruiter. TN is not an easy place to attract talent and that staff did a very good job of it. I just grow tired of Forbes "insiders" coming around here the past two summers telling everyone how good he is at his job. I wish him the best.

Well when you aren't currently hireable you do end up as something other than an assistant at a DI school or a JUCO. They go in front of the infractions committee in June, won't get an answer until probably October and if they choose to fight the results it will drag out for additional months.

A DI school will have to wait until that is resolved before hiring him. Therefore, a non assistant job temporarily or a JUCO.

Because it's not really public knowledge yet and it's not for me to say.

It's actually no big deal though, The Big XII school is obvious and the IA JUCO is considered one of the better programs in the country. I would think it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots.

Then why bring it up? If you want to bring it up and say he has job offers from Texas Tech and Indian Hills then say that. Don't say well I know he has two jobs offers, but I can't say who they are, it's not public knowledge. Like your anonymous post on a Hawkeye website is going to affect whether or not he gets hired.

Wow, you two are more entertaining than half of the fights on the MMA pay-per-view events. I had to go back to page 2 to remember what this thread was about. Oh yeah...Forbes.

I have no streed cred, but what I do know is that for all the Forbes hype that I read on these boards, I would think the guy would be a shoe in for the UNC job when Roy retires. Instead he is a maybe candidate for an assistant job at Red Neck Tech and a frontrunner for a JUCO job in Iowa?

Apparently the "rest of the world" doesn't think Forbes walks on water or doesn't want the TN river mud to stain their program. Simply put, the guy would have his own gig if he were "that" good. I remember some yahoo on TOS, I believe his name was Mark Maggard, pumping up Forbes for the Iowa job. This dude runs some Kentucky board or something like that and had half the people ready to vote for the guy for president.

Do we get the cookie recipe?

Then why bring it up? If you want to bring it up and say he has job offers from Texas Tech and Indian Hills then say that. Don't say well I know he has two jobs offers, but I can't say who they are, it's not public knowledge. Like your anonymous post on a Hawkeye website is going to affect whether or not he gets hired.

Thank you for providing YOUR posting rules. I will keep that in mind in the next discussion.

Thank you for providing YOUR posting rules. I will keep that in mind in the next discussion.

Wait, aren't you the guy who said:

I suggest you stop speaking about things of which you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you are interested in it read it. If not, run along.

If you have nothing of substance to add to basketball discussions I suggest an off topic board.

If you've added anything relevant to this discussion other than by a ******* please let me know.

Now, I know you are pretending to be an insider this morning, but I also didn't know that you were pretending to be a moderator too. You can only pick one so everyone else can play.

Wait, aren't you the guy who said:

Now, I know you are pretending to be an insider this morning, but I also didn't know that you were pretending to be a moderator too. You can only pick one so everyone else can play.

And YOU have the nerve to call me a troll? You have added absolutely ZERO to this discussion other than being a troll yourself.

Like I said, try the off topic board if you don't want to add anything relevant to basketball discussions.

Get a grip. He's not claiming that what he says will impact the hiring decisions, he's saying it's not his news to break, which if you think about it makes perfect sense and jives completely with his claims that he knows Steve fairly well.

You would do the same thing if your buddy got canned from his job at the recycling plant when they fired everyone because the manager was stealing copper wiring and selling it for scrap at the local salvage yard and he was trying to decide between a job offer from The Ciggy Shack to be the night clerk and an offer from Walmart to be thier cart retrieval engineer.

And YOU have the nerve to call me a troll? You have added absolutely ZERO to this discussion other than being a troll yourself.

Like I said, try the off topic board if you don't want to add anything relevant to basketball discussions.

Some interesting couples on this site:

VintageHawkeye/Mesaclone
Okeefe4prez/Happy Chef
Dexter/Iowafarmgirl

I have no problems with people disagreeing and having opposing views, it generates good discussion.

However, it never fails that every single message board has the one person who instead of talking about that subject at hand and having anything relevant to add get their e-kicks derailing discussions into the above garbage.

I have no problems with people disagreeing and having opposing views, it generates good discussion.

However, it never fails that every single message board has the one person who instead of talking about that subject at hand and having anything relevant to add get their e-kicks derailing discussions into the above garbage.

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Steve Forbes was Tennessee's top and main recruiter, that isn't debatable.

He's not going to end up at Iowa though, he already has 2 offers and will take one of those more than likely.

The trouble that happened at Tennessee can be laid on Bruce Pearl's doorstep and not any of the assistants. Once the NCAA produced that picture the fate of the assistant's was sealed.

They could either tell the NCAA where the picture was taken and be fired by Bruce Pearl and never work in basketball ever again. Or, not tell where the picture was taken, go through what he's going through now and bounce back again. Head coaches do not hire assistants who have crossed their bosses. Ever.

Well Dexter, the NCAA might differ with your opinion.

"The NCAA alleged that Pearl’s assistants, Tony Jones, Steve Forbes and Jason Shay “violated the NCAA’s principles of honestyâ€￾ by not providing complete information to investigators about the cookout. Tennessee lowered each assistant’s salary and banned them from off-campus recruiting for various lengths of time for their role in the scandal.
Pearl, Jones and Forbes are also accused of making a total of 96 impermissible phone calls to 12 recruits or relatives of recruits between Aug. 1, 2007, and July 29, 2009. Tennessee has been charged with failure to monitor the coaching staff’s telephone contacts during that time."

Well Dexter, the NCAA might differ with your opinion.

"The NCAA alleged that Pearl’s assistants, Tony Jones, Steve Forbes and Jason Shay “violated the NCAA’s principles of honestyâ€￾ by not providing complete information to investigators about the cookout. Tennessee lowered each assistant’s salary and banned them from off-campus recruiting for various lengths of time for their role in the scandal.
Pearl, Jones and Forbes are also accused of making a total of 96 impermissible phone calls to 12 recruits or relatives of recruits between Aug. 1, 2007, and July 29, 2009. Tennessee has been charged with failure to monitor the coaching staff’s telephone contacts during that time."

Like I said above, as soon as the NCAA asked about the photo, all 3 assistants were screwed. If they admit where the photo was taken Pearl would've fired them and they would never find another job in basketball again. A head coach would never hire them if that would've happened. If they don't say where the photo was taken and get caught they end up in the mess they're in now but have the ability to survive it.

The phone calls were minor, 96 extra calls between 4 people over 2 years is 12 extra calls per year. Pull the phone records of nearly every major university and you will find the same thing, many with MUCH MUCH more. The NCAA would've just slapped their wrist if it was just this, as well as any of the other charges.

It was the lie to the investigators that brought it crumbling down.