Steve Forbes

hawkeye12345

Does Fran open up a spot on his staff for arguably one of the best recruiters in the country?

Forbes has Iowa ties and would have probably been a HC candidate in the near future.

Does Fran open up a spot on his staff for arguably one of the best recruiters in the country?

Forbes has Iowa ties and would have probably been a HC candidate in the near future.

I really like Forbes as I know his family being from the same hometown. But I don't think Fran is going to fire any assistants to put Forbes on the roster. I don't think that is Fran's style and I don't think he'd put a guy on that was part of Pearl's "recruiting scheme".

Good lord, get off of Steve Forbes dick, only on this message board is he considered one of the best recruiters in the country.

Good lord, get off of Steve Forbes dick, only on this message board is he considered one of the best recruiters in the country.
Not true. I've known Steve Forbes for over 20 years from his days at SWCC in creston, ia. He is as smooth as they come. He recruited some big time players while he was there, but most couldn't make the transition to d1 because of grades or otherwise. This being said, I don't think he needs to be on the staff at Iowa. Most of Pearls success at Tennesse can be attributed to Forbes ability to recruit. But not a good fit with Fran, IMO.

Forbes was on the coaching staff that just got fired for breaking rules, then lying about the infractions. No thanks.

Not true. I've known Steve Forbes for over 20 years from his days at SWCC in creston, ia. He is as smooth as they come. He recruited some big time players while he was there, but most couldn't make the transition to d1 because of grades or otherwise. This being said, I don't think he needs to be on the staff at Iowa. Most of Pearls success at Tennesse can be attributed to Forbes ability to recruit. But not a good fit with Fran, IMO.

Forbes may be very good, but you're leaving out a huge piece of the puzzle in Tony Jones. He's been responsible for a huge part of the Vols recruiting, arguably moreso than Forbes.

Clearly an unbiased opinion here.

Clearly an unbiased opinion here.
Clearly. I didn't say we were friends or anything, just that i know the guy. His assistant while at SWCC was from my hometown and is still a good friend of mine. But i agree that Forbes is not needed on this staff. Sorry if i came off as a know it all, not my intention, just stating my opinion, isn't that what this board is for? And yes, i realize that Coach Jones is a big contributor in that system. Maybe he'll get the head position there?

Clearly. I didn't say we were friends or anything, just that i know the guy. His assistant while at SWCC was from my hometown and is still a good friend of mine. But i agree that Forbes is not needed on this staff. Sorry if i came off as a know it all, not my intention, just stating my opinion, isn't that what this board is for? And yes, i realize that Coach Jones is a big contributor in that system. Maybe he'll get the head position there?

There is no way TN will hire someone from the staff that just had huge trouble with the NCAA. Jones will be way more sought after than Forbes and it is hilarious that the success at TN should be attributed to him.

There is no way TN will hire someone from the staff that just had huge trouble with the NCAA. Jones will be way more sought after than Forbes and it is hilarious that the success at TN should be attributed to him.

Steve Forbes was Tennessee's top and main recruiter, that isn't debatable.

He's not going to end up at Iowa though, he already has 2 offers and will take one of those more than likely.

The trouble that happened at Tennessee can be laid on Bruce Pearl's doorstep and not any of the assistants. Once the NCAA produced that picture the fate of the assistant's was sealed.

They could either tell the NCAA where the picture was taken and be fired by Bruce Pearl and never work in basketball ever again. Or, not tell where the picture was taken, go through what he's going through now and bounce back again. Head coaches do not hire assistants who have crossed their bosses. Ever.

You couldn't be more wrong. He IS considered one of the best recruiters in the game and has been ranked as one of the top assistants in the country.

Steve Forbes was Tennessee's top and main recruiter, that isn't debatable.

He's not going to end up at Iowa though, he already has 2 offers and will take one of those more than likely.

The trouble that happened at Tennessee can be laid on Bruce Pearl's doorstep and not any of the assistants. Once the NCAA produced that picture the fate of the assistant's was sealed.

They could either tell the NCAA where the picture was taken and be fired by Bruce Pearl and never work in basketball ever again. Or, not tell where the picture was taken, go through what he's going through now and bounce back again. Head coaches do not hire assistants who have crossed their bosses. Ever.

What schools have offered him a job already?