Step Back From The Ledge

Watch wrestling.

Take your kids out for ice cream.

Get a decent bottle of whiskey and listen to Dark Side Of The Moon.

Get your lawn mower out of the shed and ready for spring.

Statistically most of us here are gonna be dead in 25 or 30 years. Relax.
Dark Side is appropriate. Team certainly played like they had "brain damage".

Instead of letting the offensive coordinator go or demoting him to a line coach they leave him as the Offensive Coordinator and add to it by making him the quarterback coach of which he has ZERO experience.

Where you been???
Hoping it would go away???

It's not so much the upset as much as the fact that it's the only one so far.

Just need another upset to happen or they will be talking about Iowa all night.

I (we) may be in luck. 12 seed New Mexico State is up 10 on UConn at the half

I’m off the ledge. Can’t be so invested in Hawkeye sports. I’m 42. In basketball and football, each time they have a chance to do something special they don’t fail to disappoint. Save for the Orange Bowl. ‘06 and ‘22 B1G tournament titles are forever tarnished. It’sjust who Iowa is and always will be. Been that way my whole life.
Wrong. They did something special last week.

I knew these posts were coming.

NO SHIT. THAT IS WHY WE ARE ON THE LEDGE. IT HAS BEEN THIRTY FUCKING FIVE YEARS BINCE WE HAVE HAD A TEAM THAT LOOKED LIKE IT BELONGED ON A NATIONAL STAGE. I WAS AT THE 25TH REUNION OF THE '87 TEAM AT AN IOWA GAME AND THAT WAS ALREADY TEN GOD DAMNED YEARS AGO.

I KNOW IOWA ISN'T GOING TO BE DUKE, BUT JUST FUCKING ONCE, JUST ONCE I WANT TO BE THAT OLD LADY FROM LOYOLA WATCHING THE TEAM I'VE CHEERED FOR MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE BE ON THE BIG STAGE AND NOT SENT HOME LIKE SOME FUCKING CHUDS AT THE HANDS OF SOME SHIT ASS PROGRAM LIKE NORTHWESTERN STATE OR FUCKING RICHMOND. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? IS IT?

SORRY FOR CUSSING SO MUCH.

I counted us out as soon as the hype train started churning after winning the B1G title. I've been let down too many times by Iowa athletics to set my expectations too high no matter how good things seem. The reality is that this team accomplished way more than anyone expected them to going into the season. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this loss. Winning the B1G is something to be proud of.

Yea, but it turns out to be fools gold.

Fran didn't miss all of the shots or get beat on the baseline or backdoored. For all the bitching, consider the kids that actually played the game must feel terrible. We are all just living vicariously through them. Some days things just don't go your way.

Dude, it's been like 35 years!! Fran's been at Iowa like 12 years. I don't think the fans are asking for too much! Seriously, do you?

Fran didn't miss all of the shots or get beat on the baseline or backdoored. For all the bitching, consider the kids that actually played the game must feel terrible. We are all just living vicariously through them. Some days things just don't go your way.
No, but considering I saw several players quoted earlier today saying how they thought they got a good bracket, I don't think Fran kept them grounded this week and hey just weren't ready to play. They played by far their worst game of the year and only lost by 4. They could have squeaked by with their 3rd or 4th worst game of the year.

They didn't and Fran has to own that. Not saying he should be fired, but he should look in the mirror and own the fact that his teams (besides the B1G tourney this year) don't come ready to play tournament basketball.

I am not on the fire Fran bandwagon, but we have been in the dumpster since the Likliter era, and given some of the talent we have had, its time to really examine the whole coaching philosophy
That’s the bottom line. Last year, 2 legit NBA players - 1 in / 1 out - literally the definition of a deep tourney team - and wet the bed. This year, (albeit, unexpected) another AA / high first round guy and pisss ur pants again? How the F did Keegan Murray not ATTEMPT a shot for the equivalent of an entire half in this game?! He should’ve been the ONLY guy taking shots the last 2 minutes.

(Shaking head in despair and embarrassment...)

It's not so much the upset as much as the fact that it's the only one so far.

Just need another upset to happen or they will be talking about Iowa all night.

I (we) may be in luck. 12 seed New Mexico State is up 10 on UConn at the half
KY only up two on #15 St. Peters...hold the phone....KY down by three.

Indy getting it handed to them.

Fran has to own this and he will. If you have ever coached your kids he no doubt hurts for them and will the rest of his life. Tough to take for sure

Latest posts