Step Back From The Ledge

Statistically most of us here are gonna be dead in 25 or 30 years. Relax.
NO SHIT. THAT IS WHY WE ARE ON THE LEDGE. IT HAS BEEN THIRTY FUCKING FIVE YEARS BINCE WE HAVE HAD A TEAM THAT LOOKED LIKE IT BELONGED ON A NATIONAL STAGE. I WAS AT THE 25TH REUNION OF THE '87 TEAM AT AN IOWA GAME AND THAT WAS ALREADY TEN GOD DAMNED YEARS AGO.

I KNOW IOWA ISN'T GOING TO BE DUKE, BUT JUST FUCKING ONCE, JUST ONCE I WANT TO BE THAT OLD LADY FROM LOYOLA WATCHING THE TEAM I'VE CHEERED FOR MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE BE ON THE BIG STAGE AND NOT SENT HOME LIKE SOME FUCKING CHUDS AT THE HANDS OF SOME SHIT ASS PROGRAM LIKE NORTHWESTERN STATE OR FUCKING RICHMOND. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? IS IT?

SORRY FOR CUSSING SO MUCH.

The ncaa tournament is def not our friend.
Neither are big ten championship games in Football.

Still shaking my head over what just happened with the football program.

One of the worse offensive programs in college football this past season and what happens??? You can’t make up this shit.

One of the worse offensive programs in college football this past season and what happens??? You can’t make up this shit.
LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE. AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AN SEC WEST SCHEDULE EVERY YEAR SO WE CAN PRETEND WE ARE GOOD AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A DECADE UNTIL WE HAVE TO LINE UP AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE CARSON PALMER, AIDEN HUTCHINSON OR CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY.

What just happened?

Not on a ledge but I do feel fooled. Thought we did have something there after that Illinois game I started buying in. Also thought they had the horses to get to Providence and then we should start to worry. But combine a bad game plan and the shooting issue there was no shooting to bail out the game plan thing and no game plan change to alleviate the shooting woes. Down we go.

Probably said by me in one or more posts about Fran needing to make adjustments more quickly cause there is no next game in the NCAA. No looking at the tape and fixing it cause it is too late we are done for the year. Happened right out of the gate.

Maybe, maybe Keegan will think he has unfinished business now?? Maybe something good can come from this?

I’m off the ledge. Can’t be so invested in Hawkeye sports. I’m 42. In basketball and football, each time they have a chance to do something special they don’t fail to disappoint. Save for the Orange Bowl. ‘06 and ‘22 B1G tournament titles are forever tarnished. It’sjust who Iowa is and always will be. Been that way my whole life.

Shit, i had a post all typed and ready to post and fucking phone went brain dead and i lost it…..anyway, the gist…..

anything less than a directive to Fran to make the sweet 16 next year should result in the immediate termination of our athletic director, long overdue

a B10 championship was also long overdue. Getting out of the first weekend of the NCAA should have been the requirement in Garza’s junior year and is very long overdue

its time to expect professional results from a well paid coach, really, its well past time

What just happened?
Instead of letting the offensive coordinator go or demoting him to a line coach they leave him as the Offensive Coordinator and add to it by making him the quarterback coach of which he has ZERO experience.

Where you been???

I counted us out as soon as the hype train started churning after winning the B1G title. I've been let down too many times by Iowa athletics to set my expectations too high no matter how good things seem. The reality is that this team accomplished way more than anyone expected them to going into the season. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this loss. Winning the B1G is something to be proud of.

I am not on the fire Fran bandwagon, but we have been in the dumpster since the Likliter era, and given some of the talent we have had, its time to really examine the whole coaching philosophy

Instead of letting the offensive coordinator go or demoting him to a line coach they leave him as the Offensive Coordinator and add to it by making him the quarterback coach of which he has ZERO experience.

Where you been???
I saw that in the football threads. Thought it was an early April fools joke

Fran didn't miss all of the shots or get beat on the baseline or backdoored. For all the bitching, consider the kids that actually played the game must feel terrible. We are all just living vicariously through them. Some days things just don't go your way.