Stay or go?

You can do a hundred things right in a row but only remembered for that one F-up so go now Jackson because if you come back and don't have the same success that will be the one F-up that could cost you millions!

You can do a hundred things right in a row but only remembered for that one F-up so go now Jackson because if you come back and don't have the same success that will be the one F-up that could cost you millions!

......and what is the likelihood he's going to get close to 8 INT's next year.

Him making millions of dollars doesn't have any effect on me at all. Him staying will have a small effect on me. He should stay.

Mel Kiper has Daniels as the third best OL on the board. Desmond King was lower on most teams lost because of his height. King playing his final year didn’t cause him to fall.

Whatever is best for the players. They are the ones working and laying it on the line.

Josh should go
Daniels too if he can get in the first 2 rounds

If we are a good program the next guy will be ready to move in.

Football in today's game, is a brutal sport. Take the money if you can get it now. Insurance policies due provide some protection and security, but at a fraction of that first contract if you go in round 1 or 2.

From draftanalyst.com:

Josh Jackson of Iowa is still exploring his options, but many I’ve spoken with believe he will ultimately enter the draft.

It’s unusual for Iowa to lose juniors to the draft, but people tell me the lessons of Desmond King are heavily weighing on Jackson’s decision. If you remember, King left his junior season as a potential first-round prospect and entered his senior campaign graded as one of the top cornerbacks in the nation. His poor senior season resulted in King dropping to the fifth round.

Most I’ve spoken with believe if Jackson enters the draft, he will land in the late part of Round 1.

Football in today's game, is a brutal sport. Take the money if you can get it now. Insurance policies due provide some protection and security, but at a fraction of that first contract if you go in round 1 or 2.
Plus, for recruiting purposes, it never hurts to point out players who went to and stuck with a pro team. Early transitioners are especially nice to brag about.

Be careful of fake announcements. Some A-hole already made a fake Josh Jackson account on twitter and "declared", but since JJ still has his old twitter handle, he was found out.

If your a 1st round pick in the NFL you go... If your a corner (the good ones get paid big bucks) you want to get your NFL clock started so you can get to your 2nd contract where the really big bucks are. King really cost himself I can't for the life of me see Jackson making that same mistake. I can understand taking his time and thinking it all through and getting all your variables on the table before deciding but I can't see him staying..

Daniels is a bit trickier in that centers even good ones don't get drafted very high. He could be a top 5 center no doubt about it and still be a 5th or 6th rounder... So if he can come back and make himself into being the top center and a top 3 round guy or higher that's something to think long and hard about. Yet the whole getting your NFL clock started is a real thing and with him being a young 20 still he can have himself a nice long NFL career of cashing checks. I could seriously see his decision being a coin flip. Jackson not so much he's gotta go
I agree 100% that King should have gone as a junior, but the situation was slightly different. Jackson will graduate in May. King had a mother who wanted him to finish school.

I agree 100% that King should have gone as a junior, but the situation was slightly different. Jackson will graduate in May. King had a mother who wanted him to finish school.
For sure that was Kings overarching reason for having came back too. No two peoples situations are the same. He was comfortable with what he did and he'd probably say he has no regrets. Money isn't everything to everyone and he'll still lord willing make a lifelong amount of money in his career I hope.
I have no clue what Jacksons home life situation is and if there's any need of him earning a 1st round moneys worth of income right away or not. If I'm a trusted confidant being asked my 2 cents worth of advice on what he outta do based on what little I know I'd just think he outta go.
Daniels decision isn't as cut and dry. There's a big difference between the 6th and 2nd round or even 3rd. Which I think is the range he may be looking at between staying and going. His decision will be very interesting to see once he makes it

From Land of 10:

Iowa junior C James Daniels is currently weighing his options on whether he'll enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Daniels (6'4/285) has really seen his stock rise during the 2017 campaign, and has entered first-round consideration; with some believing he's the top center prospect in the class. ESPN's Todd McShay ranks him 35th and second at the position, and the likelihood of going in those first 45 or so picks may be too tough for Daniels to pass on.

Link

From Land of 10:

Iowa junior C James Daniels is currently weighing his options on whether he'll enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Daniels (6'4/285) has really seen his stock rise during the 2017 campaign, and has entered first-round consideration; with some believing he's the top center prospect in the class. ESPN's Todd McShay ranks him 35th and second at the position, and the likelihood of going in those first 45 or so picks may be too tough for Daniels to pass on.

Link
Interesting...

I really don't think King cost himself millions by staying. It was his performance in the combine that hurt him, just as it would have hurt him if he'd gone a year earlier. He was never going to be a first round pick due to his measurables, IMO. He's proving with his play for the Chargers that stats aren't everything, but that's the way of the NFL. Jackson's performance in the combine will help determine his draft spot, but he also has the height along with speed that the NFL is looking for so his numbers may not be as important.

Maybe but king was also hurt by timing. His junior year he was a hot commodity in a relatively average to weak cornerback clad. His senior year his name wasn’t as talked about (for reason described above) and unluckily it just so happened to be one of the best DB classes in recent history.

I’m not sure if that applies to Jj this year or not.

Latest posts