Starting to hear some ugly rumors coming out of the Barnstormers AAU program

Is the source also involved with the Barnstormers?

The source told Smith that he was at Stephen's home on Feb. 15 performing construction services when he came across what appeared to be a plug-in electronic device with video recording capabilities in a bathroom, the affidavit says.

The source told Smith he was concerned about the nature of the device and had prior concerns "involving photographic images possessed by Stephen of young males." The source took the device and turned it over to police after finding video files of young males showering, the affidavit says.

How bad could you possibly want to do something like that for it to outweigh the fear of being caught? What a sick bastard.
Not only did he just destroy his own whole life, his family will be ostracized, the car dealership will be gone, and the AAU team will most likely get sued into oblivion.

All of which pales in comparison to whatever the kids had to go through. At first I hoped that it was strictly hidden cameras and the kids didn’t know, but the one source said he woke up with the creep in bed with him. I assume that’s not the only incident.

For those that don't follow the AAU circuit, this is the program that has produced a lot of the state's top players in recent years. Oglesby and Uthoff played for it. Wieskamp and Connor McCaffery played for it. Patrick McCaffery still is part of the program.

For those that don't follow the AAU circuit, this is the program that has produced a lot of the state's top players in recent years. Oglesby and Uthoff played for it. Wieskamp and Connor McCaffery played for it. Patrick McCaffery still is part of the program.
I have to think the Barnstormers team is already kaput, no?

There’s just no way they can keep operating while this is all going on, and even after it’s settled they’re going to get sued into the ground by parents.

I have to think the Barnstormers team is already kaput, no?

There’s just no way they can keep operating while this is all going on, and even after it’s settled they’re going to get sued into the ground by parents.
Johnson needs to shut it down and open up a new organization on his own. If it's even possible. He'll most likely be considered tainted goods.

Johnson needs to shut it down and open up a new organization on his own. If it's even possible. He'll most likely be considered tainted goods.
Really hope that done of the others in the program knew about this. But, like you said, they may be considered tainted anyway.

If this was a pervasive thing, which it sounds like maybe it was, I can’t see Johnson being trusted to run anything involving kids anymore. I’m going to say the Barnstormers are done.

Really hope that none of the others in the program knew about this. But, like you said, they may be considered tainted anyway.

Thoughts and wishes of support go out to these young victims and their families. They may be talented athletes and strong individuals in their own right. But this violation of trust by someone in a superior position, this violation of their privacy and, apparently, their sense of sexual identity at a key time in their maturitation process, can do immense, lasting damage to their confidence and sense of self worth.

Ugly stuff, if what has been alleged is true.

Think JBo and his last game.

These type of guys are usually not one diminsional.

The program gonna be looked at real close.

Think JBo and his last game.

These type of guys are usually not one diminsional.

The program gonna be looked at real close.

You mean Iowa's program or the Barnstormers? What a situation Fran finds himself in with people already down on the program. It has to turn his stomach knowing that he has two sons and a current and future player tied to that program. How much do these boys know about what went on whether they participated or not?

You mean Iowa's program or the Barnstormers? What a situation Fran finds himself in with people already down on the program. It has to turn his stomach knowing that he has two sons and a current and future player tied to that program. How much do these boys know about what went on whether they participated or not?
My thought, too. What kind of information has come to their attention in the past few days — from parents, other athletes, investigators? Could be a huge distraction for everyone right now.

Latest posts