Starting a countdown, how many days does TL have left at Iowa?

IowaFanSince82

I'm gonna go with the end of the season, he needs to go. I am sorry this team has not progressed at all, they are actually slipping backwards.

The level of talent is night and day. Other big ten school have talent, Iowa has none! HE plays his son, who should not even be on the team! He is wasteing a spot, that possiblity a walk-on could take!

Lets face it, we are hopefully 10 games away from a change! I am hoping barta sees the empty arena and the lack of fans intrests and makes a change!

I thought we were getting better, but the other teams must of just decided to not show up those games and allow us to win? Because the way we have played the past two games, its pathetic!

I dont know. What i do know is i am getting absolutely sick of watching Iowa lose over and over. It is embarrassing to see Carver look dead and have a few hundred Illini fans filling up the seats behind the hoop.

Lickliter is failing in every part of the job. Not a single phase has improved since he took over. This is getting hard to watch.

Shada - this is what I dont get - why are people willing to concede he will be fired after next year. IF THAT IS THE CASE - we need to fire HIM now! Prolonging the problem doesnt make it go away, it just makes it worse.

Lickliter is not a Big Ten coach, he needs to be shown the door asap.

i am all for him going now as I barely even know when games are on as that is how boring and disappointing it has been this year. I just think he will be given another year. That doesn't mean i agree with it, it is just what i think he will be given

John Madden impression- "Lickliter will be the coach at Iowa until the day that he isnt the coach, but until he's not the coach he will be the coach and as coach he is the man in charge which means he is the coach, and then someday he wont be the coach and when that day happens he wont be in charge because he isnt the coach- a a an an and if his team scores more points than the other team they will win- boom"

This team is young and undermanned. Illinois is playing for a 2nd place tie tonight in the B10. Iowa competed again....yes they really need a win and not another close loss. However, playing hard and competing should have been the MOST you expected from this season.

This team is young and undermanned. Illinois is playing for a 2nd place tie tonight in the B10. Iowa competed again....yes they really need a win and not another close loss. However, playing hard and competing should have been the MOST you expected from this season.

And who's fault is that?

It is his own fault he can't keep players on the team...

He needs to go at season's end cause it is not going to get any better.

It is my sincere hope that Barta walked into the lockerroom at the end of the game and informed TL they need to have an urgent meeting about the program in the morning. And that TL's resignation due to health reasons is announced by noon CST Friday.

Realize that probably won't happen.

But a man can dream, can't he?

Last edited:
His recruiting class looks strong for once next season. He won't hang it up. Especially with the pay he is getting.

Recruiting class is strong compared to what!?! It's like the 7th or 8th best recruiting class in conference and may end up being somewhere around 40th in the country. Sure it's am improvement but it's not hard to improve from pathetic to poor.

We have four 3-star players coming in next year. These aren't light up the world, game changing players, these are role players that can dribble and chew gum.

Recruiting class is strong compared to what!?! It's like the 7th or 8th best recruiting class in conference and may end up being somewhere around 40th in the country. Sure it's am improvement but it's not hard to improve from pathetic to poor.

We have four 3-star players coming in next year. These aren't light up the world, game changing players, these are role players that can dribble and chew gum.
Amen a serviceable group....NO PLAYMAKER PG>>>NO BIG...just more quality role players.

The difference is Iowa needs these players to come in right away and make a difference. For a lot of other schools, next year's class will just provide future help and depth. So it is very important that Iowa got a nice class for next year, even if it ranks 7th or 8th in the Big Ten. We clearly need some additional playmakers.

Latest posts