Stanzi to start against Colts?

I was saying I was trolling that dude. Not you. I picked up everyone he is gonna want to, that was my point in trolling.

LOL My bad. Ive only waiver wanked one person in my league he was family and we were battling for a playoff spot. We had one guy though every Wed he would go pick up the one person his opponent could use. Funny as heck till it happens to you and you have to start some hack. This year we had a waiver order which helped with that but always seems to screw you another way as in you never get who you want/need. I would actually start the Colts D no matter who the KC QB is....probably a pretty safe start.

LOL My bad. Ive only waiver wanked one person in my league he was family and we were battling for a playoff spot. We had one guy though every Wed he would go pick up the one person his opponent could use. Funny as heck till it happens to you and you have to start some hack. This year we had a waiver order which helped with that but always seems to screw you another way as in you never get who you want/need. I would actually start the Colts D no matter who the KC QB is....probably a pretty safe start.

Ours is a auction type waiver. I have 112 of 200 left. He has 25. I spent 26 on the top 3 FA RBs. Oops.

I like that auction waiver....might have to run that one by our league. I guess if you don't spend them you lose them like vacation days :)

You should. You'll love it. You can get who you want if you REALLY want them. But it'll cost ya, and you don't know what anyone else is bidding. It's really just the best way to do it.

I'm in a league where there is no waiver wire. First come first serve on Tuesday morning at 7am. Stupid. I hate that.

You should. You'll love it. You can get who you want if you REALLY want them. But it'll cost ya, and you don't know what anyone else is bidding. It's really just the best way to do it.

I'm in a league where there is no waiver wire. First come first serve on Tuesday morning at 7am. Stupid. I hate that.

First come first waiver wires are the dumbest thing since Chizik coins.

From the sounds of the comments the Chiefs fans are as satisfied with the season as Hawk fans are with ours.

And just what Chiefs fans have you heard this from? I,m hearing the opposite from friends and family in KC. Some are so frustrated they aren't even going to games they have tickets for.

Kirk Cousins just won his first start for the Redskins this past weekend. Let's compare some senior Big 10 stats between Stanzi and Cousins:

Cousins 3316 yards 25 Td's 10 Int's 63.7% completions 145.1 rating
Stanzi 3004 yards 25 Td's 6 Int's 64.1% completions 157.63 rating

So, if Stanzi sucks as a pro as I have read in this thread, then Cousins sucks just as bad with his first start as a win under his belt??? None of us know if Stanzi will be any good as a pro. But we sure as Shizz can't judge anything based on what has gone on in the preseason playing with 3rd and 4th string players. Hopefully Ricky gets a shot this weekend. Living in KC, it will give me a reason to watch the game. I don't see any reason to bad mouth a former Hawkeye great in a thread right before it appears he is to get his first legit shot in the NFL.

Stanzi..."Hawkeye Great"...plz

All the interceptions that were dropped in college, will not be dropped in the NFL.

Stanzi was a decent college QB on some teams with very good o-lines and some of Iowa's better, if not best WR's in the last decade.

I don't see Stanzi ever being beyond a 3rd stringer and if he gets the start, it will be interesting to see his numbers at the end of the day. If he hasn't gotten a shot yet on a roster with Brady Quinn, I am not sure he really ever will deserve one, but hey injuries happen every day.

All the interceptions that were dropped in college, will not be dropped in the NFL.

Stanzi was a decent college QB on some teams with very good o-lines and some of Iowa's better, if not best WR's in the last decade.

I don't see Stanzi ever being beyond a 3rd stringer and if he gets the start, it will be interesting to see his numbers at the end of the day. If he hasn't gotten a shot yet on a roster with Brady Quinn, I am not sure he really ever will deserve one, but hey injuries happen every day.

Stanzi was pretty good at sticking the ball into difficult places. I would like to know what the NCAA record was for Pick 6's. He could have had a lot more. He had great vision for receivers. His arm strength wasn't as strong as his guts.

Sports Talent....or should I say No Spell Talent, the word is T-R-O-L-L. Not Troooooooooooll plzzz

I think his overall record as a starter and his bowl record speak for themselves? His QB rating his senior year was the best of any QB in Hawkeye history. In fact, as bad as he allegedly was his sophomore and junior years, his all time QB rating is ranked only behind Chuck Long, Chuck Hartlieb and Brad Banks. If I remember correctly, two of those were Heisman candidates, right? Yes, Stanzi was a Hawkeye great at the QB position. He deserves a shot in the NFL and I hope he gets it come Saturday. Even if he never makes it, he earned his shot in the NFL, regardless of how long it may or may not last.

Kirk Cousins just won his first start for the Redskins this past weekend. Let's compare some senior Big 10 stats between Stanzi and Cousins:

Cousins 3316 yards 25 Td's 10 Int's 63.7% completions 145.1 rating
Stanzi 3004 yards 25 Td's 6 Int's 64.1% completions 157.63 rating

So, if Stanzi sucks as a pro as I have read in this thread, then Cousins sucks just as bad with his first start as a win under his belt??? None of us know if Stanzi will be any good as a pro. But we sure as Shizz can't judge anything based on what has gone on in the preseason playing with 3rd and 4th string players. Hopefully Ricky gets a shot this weekend. Living in KC, it will give me a reason to watch the game. I don't see any reason to bad mouth a former Hawkeye great in a thread right before it appears he is to get his first legit shot in the NFL.

Agree with all of this. For any of us to say he's going to stink or be the next Tom Brady or anything inbetween would be just guessing. Lets give him a legit shot. For peats sake he can't be worse then Sanchez/Lindley/Skelton/Ponder/Quinn/Cassel or name just about half the qbs floating around. This week were not just bad but pretty much terrible. There isn't as much middle ground on qb play this year. Either you have a stud. An up and coming stud or an absolute dud.

Latest posts