Stanley Cup Finals - Bruins-Blackhawks ought to be great original 6 final

uihawk82

Not sure if the bruins are totally peaking now or if the Pens ran out of gas but that was a conf final beatdown.

The Blackhawks-LA series was great. Again the more rugged bruins will try to out muscle the slick bruins. LA was really close to pulling out a big win and changing the flavor of their west conf final.

That was just a great OT goal and assist by Kane and Toews.

Even though I am pulling for the Blackhawks I think the bruins will steal one on the road and win in 6 games. So get in front of your big screen HD TVs.

What do you other hockey fans think. I dont watch much regular season NHL at all but the playoffs are special (reference Sports Illustrated recent cover).

Go Detroit...aw crap, that's right they peed the Blackhawks series down their legs.

I have to admit growing up in Iowa I was not much of a hockey fan, but I had to take a Customer to a Red Wings game in 2007 and have been a big fan since. I don't think there is any other sport where you relax for just a split second and you are going to get your bell rung.

It is amazing how fast those guys can skate too; much more appreciative of what those guys can do after watching a game live...sooo different than on TV.

Anyway, I think Chicago will win in 5; just a hunch, but they just seem to have the players to win any style of game and make it look easy.

Should be a ggood one. The Blackhawks can win multiple ways but the bruins can only win by being scrappy. I see this series being like the wings/hawks series that went to game 7. The blackhawks are going to have to play physical hockey but they are a team well equipped for that style of play.

Go Detroit...aw crap, that's right they peed the Blackhawks series down their legs.

I have to admit growing up in Iowa I was not much of a hockey fan, but I had to take a Customer to a Red Wings game in 2007 and have been a big fan since. I don't think there is any other sport where you relax for just a split second and you are going to get your bell rung.

It is amazing how fast those guys can skate too; much more appreciative of what those guys can do after watching a game live...sooo different than on TV.

Anyway, I think Chicago will win in 5; just a hunch, but they just seem to have the players to win any style of game and make it look easy.

Yes super fast especially if you are down by the ice and if you werent a very good skater when you were young like me.

I think LA's physical play was starting to get to Chicago. If the bruins get physical early they can play their style and rassk or whatever their goalie;s name looks more solid holding the Pens to 2 goals

St. Louis Blues fan here. Should be rabidly cheering against the Blackhawks, but my wife and buddy are big Chicago fans. Been pulling for them since the Blues got knocked out, so will continue in the Cup Finals.

Chicago in 6.

St. Louis Blues fan here. Should be rabidly cheering against the Blackhawks, but my wife and buddy are big Chicago fans. Been pulling for them since the Blues got knocked out, so will continue in the Cup Finals.

Chicago in 6.

One of my good buddies is a Toronto fan for years so you know how bad he feels after their choke.

Hope to be sharing some good finals observations with you hockey fans.

Chicago certainly took my Flyers down a few years ago. It was a good series but the Hawks had too much speed. Would like to see the Blackhawks win. Was just outside the United Center two weeks ago for the Rolling Stones concert. Had my picture taken in front of the arena with the statues of Bobby Orr and Stan Mikita......

Took two and a half hours to get a cab after the concert. Finally one of the bicycle rickshaw dudes took three of us, about 600 pounds for $15 to the Blue Line train. I asked him about halfway through the ride if he would
take $20 instead. Surprisingly enough he said: YES......

Go Blackhhawks, even though my father was from Boston......

;)

wow, what a game one. not a lot of mistakes by either team although a turnover and a puck off a skate lead to two goals that offset each other.

man these teams are evenly matched althoguh they have different styles.

I thought from the 3 period to the 3rd OT the hawks speed was the decisive factor and carried the day,

Two blackhawk goals were weird deflections that happen but you cant count on them.

Still pulling for hawks. If the hawks can win game two my prediction is out the window because I thought the bruins would win at least 1 game of first two.

I have to say there was some neat stick and puck handling in this game on many occasions.

As I watched game 1, I thought that boston might be the better team, (they seemed more aggressive and determined) especially as they held off the pp and 5 on 3. However as the game continued on and into the ot's the bhawks seemed faster to the puck. I'm not sure whete the series will end up, but it looks to be a good one.

A side note to the "we're back" crowd, but i'm sure liking the winning attitude the front office is rebuilding with the Avs. Time will tell if the phrase can be used someday soon, but I will say, i'm as excited for next season as i've been in last 10 years. We'll see.

As I watched game 1, I thought that boston might be the better team, (they seemed more aggressive and determined) especially as they held off the pp and 5 on 3. However as the game continued on and into the ot's the bhawks seemed faster to the puck. I'm not sure whete the series will end up, but it looks to be a good one.

A side note to the "we're back" crowd, but i'm sure liking the winning attitude the front office is rebuilding with the Avs. Time will tell if the phrase can be used someday soon, but I will say, i'm as excited for next season as i've been in last 10 years. We'll see.

^^right on analysis, the bruins had more rest and played like it the first two periods. but then the bhawks found there legs.

This series could come down to all home wins or who steals the first road win.

Chicago scored the last 3 goals of the game, again I think they have all the momentum. Personally, I think the Hawks got caught up in the physical hype of Boston early, and tried to muscle their way into the game. Later, they played to their strength and came out victorious.

The hawks came out swarming in game 2 but the many, many hits by the bruins seem to be taking their toll.

Kane and Toews were really held in check.

The hawks didnt take advantage of their first 30 minute shot barrage so give this win to Rask.

The hawks are supposed to force the turnovers but they made a lot of them.

I still go by Bruins in 6.

Latest posts